Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Lynn Miller, DO
"I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it"–anonymous I have lived by this motto my entire life, from the multiple adventures moving around the world with my family to the struggles of surviving an intense residency as a woman in a male dominated field. I continue to live by this motto today as I attempt to raise three beautiful children while still growing my practice and focusing on patient care. As a medical student, I was streamlined into a pediatric practice. However, as I went through my training I realized how much surgery and the nervous system truly intrigued me. A bold decision to drastically change my field of practice has led to a happy professional life. I have combined my interests to allow me to become an adult and pediatric neurosurgeon. Private practice was an easy decision for me as it allows me to maintain my independent style and avoid excessive bureaucracy from large hospital systems. I still have access to excellent ICUs, specialists, and hospital equipment as needed. My practice is now made up of the patients I like to see and the procedures I excel at.

Minnesota Disc Replacement and Spine Restoration Center

• Community Health Choice
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Miller

I believe in spine restoration.  I have chosen to focus my practice on disc replacement not fusion.  An artificial disc allows me to cure pain associated with a back or neck injury while still maintaining full range of motion.  This is a new and up & coming field.  I am proud to be the first neurosurgeon in Minnesota to complete successful low back artificial disc surgery as well as the first surgeon in the state to do two level artificial disc surgery in the neck.  I am working with the top artificial disc companies in the world.  I have attended training and have been certified by each company as having mastered the procedure specific to their products.

I love teaching.  I give lectures to nurses, chiropractors, lawyers, fellow surgeons & pretty much anyone who will listen about the benefits of artificial disc surgery in lieu of a fusion.  There are some cases which need a fusion.  If I can help my patient with their pain & maintain their full mobility, I will do it every time.

Dr. Miller's Experience

Dr. Miller's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Ataxia With Fasciculations
  • Ataxia, Spastic, 3, Autosomal Recessive
  • Bone Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cervical Disc Degeneration

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Implantable Peripheral Neurostimulator
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

• Michigan State
  • Complex Spine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Pediatric Neurosurgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Miller has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Miller does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Miller and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Miller's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Miller to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Miller's Performance
    GOOD
in Cloquet, MN |
I wish I had more than 500 characters to tell you how amazing Dr. Miller is as I could easily fill 500,000. I've seen no less than a dozen neurosurgeons over the past 20 years in different states and she is by far the best!
Van, You did pretty well with less than 500 characters. Thank you for your great review. We are glad you are feeling better. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.
St Paul, MN |
Customer Service, Environment, Other, Quality, Wait Time I was treated with kindness and compassion as well as made knowledgeable about my specific issues and what the possible surgical options and outcomes may be. Everyone was very kind and full of information, answering all my questions. Dr. Miller is exactly the person you want performing this kind of surgery, she's very zealous about helping people with back and neck issues and works hard to help a people find relief.
Thank you for the kind words. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with Dr. Miller at MN Disc Replacement & Spine Restoration Center. We hope to never have to see a patient again but if we can do anything else for you, please contact us. Thank you,
in No. St. Paul, MN |
I was a patient of Dr. Millers at her previous employment. I have not seen her at her new clinic yet. I hope that I can return to her for further care. I felt that I could trust Dr. Miller and the care she was providing for me was excellent. Thank you!
We love the comments and kind words. We hope you are pain free and you don't have to see Dr. Miller in her new clinic. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. We hope you have "taken back your life".
in St Paul, MN |
I had the pleasure of meeting Dr.Miller a little over 2 years ago. Dr. Miller was the 3rd surgeon that I had met with and after the first 5 minutes of speaking with her I knew she was great. She performed an anterior and posterior fusion on April 21, 2016 and I felt great almost immediately afterward. Dr.Miller was there for me every step of the way after surgery. She is a very upfront honest person. She gave me my life back to enjoy with my kids and the pain continues to dissipate.
Dr. Miller prides herself on patient satisfaction and her bedside manner. MN Disc Replacement provides personalized spine care. Dr. Miller personally calls all of her post operative patients. We are glad to see the extra effort is appreciated. Dr. Miller is also very excited she was able to get you back playing with kids again.
in Marietta, OH |
Dr. Miller has helped me with my Pudendal Nerve issues caused by a fall. First surgery and now maintenance with injections. She continues to impress me with her knowledge and understanding of a subject that few master. Dr. Miller is through, direct and at the same time caring. I would recommend her for any surgery that you are contemplating, knowing that she does top notch work.
Thank you for your kind words. We are very happy Dr. Miller's treatments have been successful. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.
in Minneapolis, MN |
I was very apprehensive about surgery, but due to having a physically demanding job, I realized that I could not live with the constant pain that I was experiencing. After speaking with another surgeon, I decided to go with Dr. Miller because she was knowledgeable, caring and had an excellent bedside manner. She and her team took great care of me. I am pleased with the end result, and do not regret my decision to have surgery.
Stuart, Dr. Miller is very glad to see you doing better and being able to enjoy the things you did before without pain. Thank you also for the kind words. MN Disc Replacement Administrator
in Edina, MN |
She was the only surgeon that was willing to consider alternatives to fusion of my neck. She was very thorough, took time with me and explained options clearly. Been dealing with neck pain for years, went to a surgeon at Twin Cities Spine and they never offered to replace the disc just to fuse me and I am only 50 years young. I do not want to be fused. Had surgery and am doing great. Returned to work.
Jerry, Thank you for the kind words. Dr. Miller has specialized her practice to motion preservation spinal care. She wants to avoid fusions is she can. I'm glad to hear you have returned to work and are feeling better. Let us know if you need anything else. Chaz Miller MN Disc Replacement Administrator
in Burnsville, MN |
Dr. Miller did for me what no one else could. I was in severe pain saw a few doctors and they all gave me a different diagnostic, but none of them help me with my pain. She cares for the patient I'm thankful for meeting her.
Miguel, We are glad you feeling better. Dr. Miller does have a different approach to dealing with patients than other spine surgeons. Some spine surgeons are only seen once in the office, the day of surgery and then never again. They have physician assistants or their nurses see the patient in clinic after surgery. Dr. Miller takes the time to personally make sure her patients are doing well. Let us know if you need anything else. Chaz Miller MN Disc Replacement Administrator
in Mora, MN |
Dr. Miller is an OUTSTANDING surgeon. She takes her time to explain everything in detail, is honest about what to expect post operation, and has a great bedside manner/personality. She made me feel very comfortable and helped to reduce my nerves about the surgery. I had the Spinal Cord Stimulator placement last December, and she did an amazing job! I was completely pain free after the surgical pain subsided. The operation was a complete success! Thanks to Dr. Miller!!! AWESOME!!!!
Theresa, We are so glad you are doing so well. Dr. Miller tries her best to treat every patient as if she was watching the doctor with her mom or dad. This is why she has tailored her practice to be able to be available to her patients when they need her. Let us know if you need anything else. Chaz Miller MN Disc Replacement Administrator
in Hugo, MN |
Dr Miller is the best surgeon I had to date. Your overall care and health is her priority! Before seeing her I had 7 back and neck surgery done with other surgeons, she has far exceeded them in every matter from beginning to end. I'm very satisfied with my out come. I highly recommend her and her staff. I cannot say enough about my experience with her.
Scott, Dr. Miller engages with her patients as much as she can. We are happy you are satisfied with her care. We are more happy you are doing and feeling better. Dr. Miller's goal is to help you. The fact you like and recommend her is a bonus! Let us know if you need anything else. Chaz Miller MN Disc Replacement Administrator
in Minnesota |
I had a failed surgery at Midwest Spine with a male doctor, and since he didn't know what to do after the bad surgery he sent me to Dr. Miller. I am graceful with God for allowing me to meet Dr. Miller, she has presented me with a treatment plan that has made my life better. Dr. Miller honesty gave me the guidance I need to recover my life. Dr. Miller is a trustworthy neurosurgeon.
Irma, We are happy you have received your life back. Sometimes it is Divine intervention, turning over a different rock or luck, but we are glad you were referred to Dr. Miller from one of her former partners. We are excited you are doing so well. Let us know if you need anything else. Chaz Miller MN Disc Replacement Administrator
in Burnsville, MN |
I had a very complicated situation with neck fractures. Doctors and surgeons cannot believe I'm walking due to the severity of my case. Dr. Miller took my case and gave me the confidence I need to go through the journey of recovering my health. Dr. Miller did and excellent job, I am walking, talking, moving thank's to the effort we both put in. Many Doctors were afraid to treat me, but Dr. Miller brought her expertise and was able to provide me with the best care for my case. Thank you Dr. Mille
Claudia, We are very happy you are doing so much better than before. Dr. Miller's goal is to never see you again, but if there is every anything you need let us know. Keep walking and moving! Chaz Miller MN Disc Replacement Administrator
in Northbranch, mn |
Dr. Lynn Miller is the most caring and personable surgeon I've ever worked with. She was very understanding about the way I wanted to do everything possible to avoid surgery and we followed that path.
Jeremy, We are glad you were happy with the level of communication you had with Dr. Miller. There are times when surgery is avoidable. When possible, Dr. Miller will take conservative avenues of treatment and avoid surgery if she can. We are glad you are doing better. Let us know if you need anything else. Chaz Miller MN Disc Replacement Administrator
in Maple Grove, MN |
I had more pain after my surgery, performed by this witch doctor, than I had before meeting her. I followed up with a new doctor after she abandoned me post surgery and he looked at my images and said that she completely hosed up my spine. I have had two surgeries with the new doctor and am finally starting to feel good. SHE SHOULD BE BANNED FROM PRACTICING MEDICINE.
Thank you for reaching out. We are very sorry you feel "abandoned" by Dr. Miller. She would like to speak with you regarding your feeling of abandonment. Please contact her office as soon and you are able to. Dr. Miller is very concerned and would like to understand what happened to make you feel abandoned. She is glad you are feeling better now. Patient wellbeing is the highest priority. Please contact her so she may discuss these issues. Thank you
Gave me a spinal infection after having surgery at her Greenway Surgical Center!
Thank you for the reply. Patient care is extremely important. Dr. Miller would like to speak with you regarding this issue. This being an anonymous post, she has no way to contact you. Please contact Dr. Miller's office as soon as you can so she may help resolve this.
Have you seen Dr. Lynn Miller, DO?

Visit Dr. Miller