Dr. Lynn Canavan, MD

General Surgery | Female

Texas Oncology 5236 W University Dr Ste 1700 McKinney, TX 75071 Get Directions
Dr. Lynn Canavan, MD
Dr. Lynn Canavan, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in McKinney, TX. She is 52 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Canavan is affiliated with Medical City McKinney, Texoma Medical Center, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano, Baylor Medical Center at McKinney and Baylor Scott & White - Plano.

Dr. Canavan's Care Philosophy

The physicians of Texas Breast Surgeons are committed to the prompt evaluation and management of your surgical problems. Our goal, in addition to accurate diagnosis and state of the art treatment, is to educate our patients and their families. We want our patients to understand their disease process and have faith in our level of expertise. We invite questions and discussions regarding our treatment recommendations. At Texas Breast Surgeons, we function as a team to make your experience less stressful. Our staff, from the office manager, to the nurses, to the support personnel, are with us not only because of their experience, but because they truly care about you and your family.

Dr. Canavan's Experience

See how Dr. Canavan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Canavan

Dr. Canavan accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Canavan is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Canavan has admitting privileges.

Dr. Canavan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Canavan to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Canavan's Performance
in Frisco, TX |
Few things turn life upside down like a cancer diagnosis! It was comforting to know that I had an experienced & determine "fighter" to help fight on my side. From surgeries to consultations, Dr Canavan always took the time I needed, came by the hospital, listened to my concerns & offered advice but ultimately let me steer my course. Along the way, every where I went (hospitals, radiologists, etc) would asked who my surgeon was... & complimented when I answered. I can't thank her enough.
She knows what she is doing. I was diagnosed in 2010, and she was very thorough and took the time to explain everything to me. She was very kind. Now, I just go to follow-up appointments. I am healthy, so I see her PA. Her staff has always been nice and helpful. The wait is usually 15 minutes. It may be a shorter wait because I see her PA.
in Frisco, TX |
I do not recommend and if I could put less stars I would. Dr. Canavan has no regard for the patients feelings in such a difficult time in their life. She refused to show me my results or explain the data of my cancer & was ready to push chemo on me stating that im on a need to know basis. Not only was the staff rude to me I was utterly appalled by the way my kids and myself were treated and spoken to. This was by far the worse experience of my life not to mention a 2 hour wait minimum. Horrible
in Richardson, TXI |
Dr. Canavan is a superb physician who cares about the outcome of one's life. I was recently diagnosed with stage 1 cancer and Dr. Canavan consulted with me about the best course of action. Her staff were extremely well organized and oversaw my schedule from the day I was diagnosed to the 1-week follow-up appointment. I felt satisfied with her outstanding treatment of me and her knowledge breast cancer. Thank you!!!
Have you seen Dr. Lynn Canavan, MD?
Are you Dr. Canavan?

Compare Dr. Canavan

Dr. Canavan's Care Philosophy

Dr. Canavan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Canavan has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Canavan's Board Certifications

• Breast Cancer
  • Breast Pain
  • Burkitt's Lymphoma
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Lump

University Of Nebraska / College Of Medicine

Graduated in 1990

University Of Nebraska

Graduated in 1986

Dr. Canavan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Canavan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery