Dr. Lynn Canavan, MD

Dr. Lynn Canavan, MD

Breast Surgical Oncology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Lynn Canavan, MD is a breast surgical oncology specialist in McKinney, TX and has been practicing for 28 years. She graduated from University of Nebraska / College of Medicine in 1990 and specializes in breast surgical oncology.Read her story

5236 W University Dr Ste 1700

McKinney, TX 75071

• Ambetter
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Canavan

See how frequently Dr. Canavan performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Breast Cancer
Cancer
high

Dr. Canavan's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Canavan's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Canavan "Dr. Canavan attended medical school at the University of Nebraska Lincoln graduating with a bachelors in Biology. She then completed medical school at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. After graduating from Nebraska she completed her internship and residency at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Parkland Hospital. She has practiced in Collin County since 1995. Dr. Canavan is married with 4 children."

This content was provided by Dr. Canavan "The physicians of Texas Breast Surgeons are committed to the prompt evaluation and management of your surgical problems. Our goal, in addition to accurate diagnosis and state of the art treatment, is to educate our patients and their families. We want our patients to understand their disease process and have faith in our level of expertise. We invite questions and discussions regarding our treatment recommendations. At Texas Breast Surgeons, we function as a team to make your experience less stressful. Our staff, from the office manager, to the nurses, to the support personnel, are with us not only because of their experience, but because they truly care about you and your family."

• Breast Surgical Oncology

• University of Nebraska / College of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
    Internship Hospital | Completed
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Canavan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Canavan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Canavan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Canavan's Reviews

3.6
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Canavan to family and friends

Dr. Canavan's Performance

Dr. Canavan Says:
"

We pride ourselves on being the cornerstone of your care team when it comes to breast health.  Your overall health, accurate diagnosis and successful outcome are our priority.  If there is anything we can do better or different to help you through this process please do not hesitate to contact our office.  We are striving for Excellent care for our patients and their families.

"

I would not recommend this doctor. She has limited bedside manner, came across as rushed, and is a bit condescending. I am an RN and know how doctors should treat their patients. I wanted a biopsy and she decided I didn't need one, even though I asked twice. I have the same issue recurring...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Horrible experience. Would not recommend. No compassion for her patients either.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

I apologize that you did not have a good experience. I and my office are more than willing to discuss this with you. Our goal is to decrease your stress and bring you to a successful conclusion with your breast issues. If I failed in that I am sincerely sorry and would be willing to listen to how I fell short.

Something has changed in this office. Several years ago, when I was diagnosed, I found Dr. Canavan and her staff to be wonderful. The last few years, the office has declined and Dr. Canavan seems to be a different person. I do not recommend this doctor.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0

We did go through some major changes last fall. Things have returned to normal and I apologize for any anxiety I or my office caused. Please call our office to talk to Mary and discuss so that we can make sure this never happens again.

Few things turn life upside down like a cancer diagnosis! It was comforting to know that I had an experienced & determine "fighter" to help fight on my side. From surgeries to consultations, Dr Canavan always took the time I needed, came by the hospital, listened to my concerns & offered advice...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I do not recommend and if I could put less stars I would. Dr. Canavan has no regard for the patients feelings in such a difficult time in their life. She refused to show me my results or explain the data of my cancer & was ready to push chemo on me stating that im on a need to know basis. Not only...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option5thumbs down icon option0