Dr. Lynda Crawford, MD

Dermatology | Female

Dr. Lynda Crawford, MD

Dr. Lynda Crawford, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Bowie, MD. She is 54 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Crawford is affiliated with Fort Washington Medical Center.

Dr. Crawford's Experience

See how Dr. Crawford's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Crawford

Dr. Crawford accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Crawford is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Crawford has admitting privileges.

Dr. Crawford's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Crawford to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Crawford's Performance
    FAIR
in Bowie, MD |
I found Dr. Crawford after a google search of "best dermatologists in Bowie, MD" Good enough for me, as I had a pressing dermatology issue that needed to be addressed. The fact that I had to wait three weeks for an appointment convinced me even more that I'd found the right doctor and I was right! My time with the doctor was very pleasant, informative and most importantly, VERY effective. I am seeing immediate results and have recommended her to a friend. I rate her a 20 of 10.
Bowie, MD |
I wish I had read the reviews before I made an appointment. Dr. Crawford has NO BEDSIDE MANNER and has her own agenda. You can't even ask a question or comment without offending her as she has control issues. Did not even look at the reason why I made the appointment and insisted on a full body scan (which I didn't want). Waste of time. Terrible doctor!!!!!
in Bowie, MD |
I was told my daughter's deductible was not met, yet my husband said it definitely was, so I requested the front desk to speak directly to my husband. She said she was too busy and quickly disappeared. I asked again for them to speak to my husband who is more knowledgeable about the insurance and they refused, so I saw crawford in the hall and asked her if she knew we were actually discussing the difference of $40. Crawford said she didn't know the details and refused to hear them from me.
in Bowie, MD |
If I could give 0 stars, that would be the option I chose. The office/provider is the worst I've ever encountered in my life. The front desk/administration is a perfect example of horror stories you hear about doctor visits. They were not personable nor were they helpful. I over heard staff in another room talking on the phone, demeaning patients and other staff. The provider herself is short, arrogant, and down right rude. It's no wonder this office has such horrid reviews every where you look.
in Falls Church, VA |
I would give 0 stars. Stay away from this office. Lynda Crawford has 0 professionalism. I saw her kick out a patient for asking a question about her prescription. I felt so uncomfortable and decided to leave too. She literally stormed in the lobby and screamed at her patient who was calmly seated , speaking down to her. Very arrogant and condescending. Who talks to another woman like that? If I can't ask a question without her getting offended then what is the point/ BOTTOM LINE-STAY AWAY!
Dr. Crawford was very straight forward. She wasn't very personable and didn't really seem to care. Our encounter was five minutes, if that. Hopefully what she prescribed helps but I will not be going back to her.
Arlington, VA |
Attentive front desk; Dr. Crawford is responsive and attentive to patient needs and concerns. Would recommend.
Collegeville, PA |
I like how I can get an apointment easily, but the front desk talks about clients like they are trash and gossips. Dr. Crawford herself has an ok bed side manner.
in Bowie, MD |
I had a bad experience with Dr. Crawford. She's knowledgeable but lack the characteristics of a doctor who really watch for the best interest of the patient. She's not friendly and doesn't communicate well and her tone is rude and makes you feel that you're nobody. No wonder there are a lot of bad reviews here. She had my son come back many times for a follow-up without explaining the process from the very start, very frustrating. Never going back there again.
in Washington, DC |
I was very pleased with my daughter and my first visit with Dr. Crawford. She was very patient and provide clear explanation I'd treatment and recommended medications.
Bowie, MD |
Dr. Crawford is rude and aloof. Be prepared to wait over an hour and to have multiple visits and co pays to get your issue resolved. Additionally she is extremely condescending when you ask a question. Needless to say I will not be going back.
Bowie, Maryland |
Horrible! Wait over 1/2 an hour to be seen. To later be told by her that in average there is always an 1hr wait. I don't know about her other patients but my time is also valuable! Dr. Crawford was cold/distant/short & arrogant. Her exam room was freezing cold! While you stand there undressed she & her medical asst. are nicely layered I was freezing! Guess she's trying to lower cost on her heating bill. As a patient w a history of skin cancer and being seen by many MD's she's by far the worst!
Hyattsville, MD |
Dr. Crawford is the worst doctor I have ever encountered in my life. She is impatient, unprofessional and her bedside manner is horrendous. She would not even look me in my eye during the appointment. Please educate yourself and review her other reviews before visiting.
Initially Dr Crawford seemed to be rushed. However, as the appointment went on and during follow up appointments, I saw her as relaxed, with good interpersonal skills, and significant knowledge about my problems. Her staff was excellent.
Dr.Crawford and her staff was very, rude, impatient, condescending and she violated my patient rights. I should have read all her reviews before making an appointment. It's a wonder why she's still in business. I'm assuming due to her and staff attitude her dirty office was empty. I should have followed the patient earlier that day when she said the Dr. And staff were rude.
Have you seen Dr. Lynda Crawford, MD?
Are you Dr. Crawford?

Compare Dr. Crawford

Dr. Crawford's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology
  •  Malpractice claims in Maryland not available

Dr. Crawford has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

Why It Matters: Dr. Crawford's Board Certifications

• Itchy Skin
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, or Poison Sumac Poisoning

Howard University

Completed in 1995

Howard University

Completed in 1992

Dr. Crawford does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Crawford and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology