Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD

Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD

Vascular SurgeryMaleAge 68

Vascular Surgery

Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD is a Vascular Surgery Specialist in Brooksville, FL. Dr. Breeding has extensive experience in Carotid Artery Disease or Carotid Endarterectomy, Peripheral Vascular Disease, and Aortic Aneurysm or Dissection. He is affiliated with Hca Florida Oak Hill Hospital. His office is not accepting new patients.

Suncoast General Surgery

Suncoast General Surgery11373 Cortez Blvd Ste 202 Brooksville, FL 34613

• Practices at Top Hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Breeding's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Breeding

4.5

Saved dad's life
Amazing miracle worker. Title says it all. Whatever this doctor needs, call me any time.
Eric DeSouza – Mar 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?
Staff and medical assistants were very professional and helpful. The PA was courteous and professional. Dr Breeding was professional and communicated well. I would not hesitate to return and seek his services at any time they may be needed.
Jan 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?
Dr Breeding was the nicest, most genuine doctor that cared for my mother in the hospital. We met A LOT of doctors at 2 different hospitals, and this Doctor was the only one who spent time to educate us on the recommended procedure, and returned multiple times in his busy schedule to answer questions. I highly recommend Dr. Breeding.
Bridget Butler – Jul 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?
Dr. Breeding is such a caring and professional doctor. He will figure out what's wrong if not direct you to the right speciality to help you. Done multiple Surgeries on me and all been great experiences. He also have a wonderful staffing.
Christina Serrano – Jun 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?
He removed my left leg below the knee in 2015 it has been great no after problems . He is the nicest person he cares.
Edwina Halstead – Apr 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?
Dr Breeding did my bowel surgery , and 2 days later saved my life when he found PE in my Lungs ... Don't have surgery without him...THE BEST thank you Dr, Breeding
Sharon Mackey – Jun 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?
Dr. Breeding took care of my husband from complicationof surgery. He is wonderful Dr. who cares for his patient. I rate him a 5 star.
Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?
Dr. Breeding operated on my mother a few months ago, just before her 50th wedding anniversary. Several unrelated medical conditions complicated the procedure and recovery but he made certain she recovered fully. As a result, in November my 90-year-old dad and 81-year-old mom were able to celebrate their 50th with a lovely party and a fabulous Caribbean cruise all thanks to this brilliant caring man. But the story does not end there. Twice since then, I have had to visit friends in the hospital. On both occasions, I have run into Dr. Breeding. He is kind and considerate to everyone he meets. Even more impressive are all the people I have encountered that praise him as a human being and as a doctor. Our community is blessed to have Dr. Breeding among its incredible community of healers! Thank you, Dr. Breeding and team. I am sincerely grateful.
Cindy – Dec 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?
I spent 2 weeks in the hospital with a hole in my foot and Dr. Breeding is the most compassionate Dr. I ever had the pleasure to meet. He was straight up with me and explained everything to me so I understood it.His bed side manner is wonderful, He was going to do a procedure on my foot but because I was in so much pain he cancelled until I was feeling better. Dr. Breeding is the only surgeon I trust. Thank you Dr. Breeding...
Dee Guarnera in springhill, FL – Jun 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?
Did not explain surgery results, dr breeding spent his time talking to the intern. No reason for me to have been in room. Waited over 1 hour in over crowded waiting room and then longer in room. Rushed out in minutes with no more info than I came in with. When I tried to ask questions, I was treated like I was interrupting his conversation with intern. Maybe it was an off day for him and I may have been just another patient w/ no importance, but it feels awful to be insignificant w no answers.
  • Long wait times
Sep 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?
My initial visit was frustrating bc the room was full of interns and I was being talked over. Conditions I spent time going over with NP were lost in translation w/ surgeon; confusion when he was teaching interns versus listening to me. Surgery took almost 3xs longer than planned,slow healing. I just left my follow up appt in tears. After waiting over an hour+, then being rushed through another intern lesson, I was swept out with remaining questions, inadequate explanations, and frustration.
Sep 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?
I have had Dr Breeding X's 2 for surgery, he is the best and you can't ask for a more wonderful doctor and staff the are all great.
Sheryl McDaniel in FL – Jul 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?
I'm so thankful GOD put Dr. Breeding in charge to care for me in my time of need. I had to have an emergency operation to get my gallbladder out. He was very caring, gentle with me and compassionateThank you Dr. Breeding for saving my life!!! I have a form of Autism and Dr. Breeding was able to explain the operation to me to where I could understand. When I try talking to him but couldn't get my words out. He'd say what I was meaning to say which made me feel understood. It means everything!!
Homosassa, FL – Jun 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?
This doctor is truly one of those angel sent from heaven at the time of my illness. He is not only an excellent doctor, with the greatest experience in his area, he is really the doctor that every patient needs, to get out of a critical health situation like the one I had a long time ago. I thanks God for putting him in charge of my care. My life was saved by him. Thanks Dr. Breeding.
Spring Hill, FL – Jun 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?
Dr. Breeding is an Angel in scrubs !! My 84 yr old mother's life was saved by this wonderful surgeon ! His bedside manner is the most gentle and caring I have ever witnessed. He is a Doctor who CARES ABOUT his patients! He works tirelessly to help people ! A+++++++
Helen Tschantre Maier in Calhoun, GA – Apr 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?
Dr. Breeding took care of my brother twice, once in Novemeber 2016, and again January 2017. He amputated my brothers leg due to a infection that went into his bone and the second on the same leg due to the infection going into his knee, He is the most compassionate doctor i have seen in a very long time, his bedside manor is impeccable, this doctor knows you when you go into his office and not just by looking over your chart, his son who is his PA has the same demeanor as his father, recommend
Spring Hill, FL – Mar 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?
VERY DISAPPOINTED in his care or should I say not care of my case. I had a appendicitis in 2015 in which he treated me with iv antiobitic in hospital for 5 days. After 3 Cat. Scans and 1 month of oral antibiotics was seen and his office and released. On February 17, 2017, I returned to the ER again. Now my appendix must be removed, but the funny thing about it is he does not have the common courtesy to talk to me when he is there! A different surgeon takes out my appendix and right hemicolectomy
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
Bev Blair in Brooksville – Feb 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?
Dr. Breeding is a very caring and thoughtful surgeon. He listens intently and then completely explains what needs to be done. Excellent vascular surgeon.
Tampa, FL – Feb 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?
Physician stated patient did not have blockages yet foot turned gangrenous. Never spoke with me, had to have nurses read info off notes to find out what was going on.
Sandy in Spring Hill, FL – Jun 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?
Explained in detail and language that was understood by me the gall bladder procedure and the risks involved before preforming the procedure. Also I can not say enough about his bedside manor. All doctors should be like him. Office visit not until next week, but I antisipate it to be the same as his bedside manor.
Jordan Bibicoff in Spring Hill, FL – Feb 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lyle Breeding, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Breeding?

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Frequently Treated by Dr. Breeding

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Breeding treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Breeding treats other conditions, please contact the office at (352) 597-0117.

Carotid Artery Disease or Carotid Endarterectomy

Carotid artery disease specialists diagnose and treat blockages in the main blood vessels to the brain caused by build-up of plaque. One treatment option is carotid endartectomy, in which surgeons remove the clogged lining of the carotid arteries.Compare with other Carotid Artery Disease or Carotid Endarterectomy specialists.

Dr. Breeding is experienced in the area of Carotid Artery Disease or Carotid Endarterectomy. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures

Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA) or Excision of Infected Graft
Carotid Artery Disease

Peripheral Vascular Disease

Peripheral vascular disorder specialists diagnose and treat narrowing or blockages in the blood vessels outside the heart, most commonly caused by atherosclerosis, a buildup of plague inside the blood vessel wall.Compare with other Peripheral Vascular Disease specialists.

Dr. Breeding is experienced in the area of Peripheral Vascular Disease. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 24 conditions and procedures

Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
Venous Insufficiency

Aortic Aneurysm or Dissection

Aortic aneurym or dissection specialists diagnose and treat abnormal bulges or tears in the wall of the aorta, which are life-threatening and require immediate surgery.Compare with other Aortic Aneurysm or Dissection specialists.

Dr. Breeding is experienced in the area of Aortic Aneurysm or Dissection. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 7 conditions and procedures

Aortic Aneurysm
Ruptured Aortic Aneurysm
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
Hide other treatment areas

Check Dr. Breeding's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Breeding's conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
  • Abdominal Pain
  • Abdominoplasty
  • Acute Bowel Infarction
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Carotid Artery Stent Placement
  • Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA) or Excision of Infected Graft
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Venous Embolism Thrombosis
  • Colectomy
  • Colectomy and Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Constipation
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Diaphragmatic and-or Hiatal Hernia
  • Duodenal Polypectomy
  • Embolectomy, Thrombectomy, or Vessel Exploration
  • Embolism
  • Endovascular Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
  • Endovascular Repair of Aorta
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Varices
  • Esophagectomy (Esophagogastrostomy, Esophagojejunostomy)
  • Excision of Esophageal Lesion
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Abscess
  • Intestinal Obstruction
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Ischemic Colitis
  • Lung Cancer
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Lymphedema
  • Meckel's Diverticulum
  • Median Arcuate Ligament Syndrome (MALS)
  • Megacolon
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Artery Bypass
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Primary Biliary Cholangitis
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Removal of Arteriovenous Shunt for Renal Dialysis
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thromboendarterectomy or Excision of Infected Graft
  • Thyroid Nodule
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Ulcerative Colitis
  • Venous Sclerotherapy
  • Ventral Hernia
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Breeding accepts

Dr. Breeding accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Preferred PPO
Select HMO

Individual care and treatment to every patient. Board certified physician serving Hernando county.

Lyle Breeding, MD is Board Certified in General Surgery and Vascular Surgery and received his medical degree from the University of Kentucky. Dr. Breeding...Read more

• Vascular Surgery