Dr. Luko Laptalo, MD

Dr. Luko Laptalo, MD

Oncology  ·

Dr. Luko Laptalo, MD is an oncology specialist in Carmichael, CA and has been practicing for 16 years. He specializes in oncology, hematology, and more.Read his story

Mercy Medical Group

• Networks By Design
  • Pacific Foundation for Medical Care
  • Western Health Advantage

Learn about Dr. Laptalo

See how frequently Dr. Laptalo performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Blood Disorders
Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Cancer
high

Dr. Laptalo's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Laptalo's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Laptalo "I am a Board Certified Hematologist and Oncologist with the Mercy Medical Group and have been practicing here in Sacramento for the last 14 years. Prior to joining Mercy Medical Group, I was in private practice. I completed medical school at Chicago Medical School and obtained my degree in Internal Medicine from the University of Arizona. While there, I conducted clinical research on patients with ovarian cancer and studied the effectiveness of chemotherapy agents on ovarian cancer. As a Fellow at the University of California Davis, I was awarded the American Society of Clinical Oncology Merit award for research in lung cancer. I decided on the field of Hematology and Oncology because I like to help people and find helping cancer patients, in their greatest time of need, is a fulfilling career. I work with a talented team of radiation oncologists and surgical specialists who meet weekly for a multi-disciplinary review of oncology patients to ensure all options are being considered. I reside in Sacramento with my wife and three daughters. In addition to spending time with my family, I enjoy the art of winemaking. Member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the American Society of Hematology, and the Sierra Sacramento Valley Medical Society. Invited faculty of the annual Sacramento Cancer Conference."

This content was provided by Dr. Laptalo "My goal is to utilize all the resources available to me to treat the cancer and to put it into remission. I realize that there is a fine balance between treatment of the cancer and a patient's quality of life, so I listen to my patients needs and value their input. My greatest joy is having a patient who is there to watch their children grow or celebrates another birthday or anniversary."

• Oncology

• Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • PET Scan
  • Radiation Therapy
  • Thoracentesis

No malpractice history found for California.

• Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine Science/The Chicago Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • University of Arizona
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996
  • University of Arizona
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • University California Davis Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Laptalo has no media or publications listed.

• Croatian

Dr. Laptalo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Laptalo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Laptalo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Laptalo to family and friends

Dr. Laptalo's Performance

My first visit with Dr Laptalo and I feel confident that I have put myself in his care. He has a gentle, relaxed manner and kindly answered my question as well as making sure he had met my expectations. I had an unsatified experience with previous oncologist.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Laptalo was my husbands physician during his battle with Mantle Cell Lymphoma. Bruce thought the world of him because he was so intelligent, compassionate and went out of his way to make sure he was comfortable until the end. We lost him but I would like to thank him for my late husband.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I've been a patient of Dr. Laptalo's for almost nine years. He is a very caring physician and always takes the time to answer my questions and share his knowledge of my blood disease with me. I never feel rushed during my appointments and always leave the office trusting that I am in good hands...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
I highly recommend Dr. Laptalo! He is sensitive and caring yet he is that true scientist following all the latest news in oncology. He listens and cares. Even having survived my cancer so far for many years, he understands my fears and understands my questions. He is a gem! You are getting the best...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Since Dr. Luptalo is an oncologist going to see him is not a happy occasion. He is a very nice man who certainly knows what he is doing. I almost died from chemo side effects but Dr. Laptalo was there every morning in the hospital, offering encourement and support. I do not like Mercy's cancer...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option9thumbs down icon option0