Dr. Luke Nordquist, MD

Oncology | Male

Dr. Luke Nordquist, MD
Dr. Luke Nordquist, MD is an oncology doctor who practices in Omaha, NE. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Nordquist is affiliated with Chi Health Lakeside, The Nebraska Methodist Hospital and Chi Health Bergan Mercy.

Dr. Nordquist's Care Philosophy

I take the fight against cancer personally. I lost my father to esophageal cancer. I understand the disruption cancer causes in a family. Attempting to understand the disease, treatment options, and make life changing decisions can seem overwhelming. I strive to help each patient and family gain knowledge of their disease and treatment options so they are well prepared to make the best decisions possible. We offer one of the top urological cancer research programs in the country.

Dr. Nordquist's Experience

See how Dr. Nordquist's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Nordquist

Dr. Nordquist accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Nordquist is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Nordquist has admitting privileges.

Dr. Nordquist's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nordquist to family and friends
Dr. Nordquist's Performance
in Omaha, NE |
I have been very impressed with Dr. Nordquist and his staff. As one can imagine, being faced with a cancer diagnosis is something that changes your life drastically. When my family and I sat down with Dr. Nordquist for our first meeting, we knew we were in the right place. He went above and beyond what we expected spending time educating us and assuring me of all the treatments that were available to treat my cancer.
in Omaha, NE |
Plain and simple, Dr. Nordquist and his staff have saved my life. Dr. Nordquist is a straight shooter, and he blends in humor to help me with my anxiety. He explains everything to me in an understandable manner. Dr. Nordquist answers all my questions and I leave with a sense of satisfaction. The nurses and support staff are considered friends, they are always courteous and polite.
in Lincoln, NE |
i have been a patient of Dr. Nordquist for a year and a half , i have been counseled , treated , and participated in an immune therapy drug study . He and his staff have always been courteous, professional , and caring.. He is a great explainer and a listener, and he is always up-to-date about the latest and greatest opportunities in prostate cancer treatment. Make no mistake, this man and his clinic are truly a gift to those of us that suffer from this disease..
If you are looking for pharma care, this is the doctor for you. If you want to get better, get a second opinion. He misdiagnosed my dad. He only pushed pharmaceuticals and didn't mention anything about my dad's diet and nutrition (which is critical for smothering cancer). Go to a natural nutritionist. Research alternative cancer treatments. They work!!!!
in Platte Center Ne. |
Vary nice, vary informative and in terms that are understandable.
in Omaha, NE |
Dr. Nordquist was very knowledgeable about my cancer and took the time to spoon feed me all the information I needed. He also drew diagrams and sketches to help explain and give a visual explanation of things. He was very thorough and kind and laid out all the options for me. He was also assuring and gave me helpful statistics to hold on to. I'll be honest and say I'd rather not have to be treated for cancer. But since I do, I'm happy to be treated by Dr. Nordquist and his staff.
Lincoln, NE |
I can't explain all the reasons I would not recommend Dr. Nordquist in less than 500 characters. I was very unhappy with the care my father received from him. He's rude and did not want to spend too much time with the patient and was more concerned with pushing costly pills that had no real proof of success, which was told to me by another Oncologist. This is not just written in anger that my father's cancer was treated like "diabetes" by Luke, I just want others to seek a 2nd opinion.
in Omaha, NE |
dr nordquist takes the time to explain your situation, is very easy to talk to, and the place to be if you need treatment for prostate cancer - his entire staff is so warm and friendly and helpful, whether in person or on the phone.....it's a great place to be treated.
in Omaha, NE |
Dr Nordquist is a great Doctor. He is very knowledgeable in his field. He explains things in a way that is very easy to understand. He goes out of his way to make you feel at ease and that you are in good hands. He and his staff are very courteous and friendly. I would recommend Dr Nordquist to anyone going through urology cancer.
in Bellevue, NE |
Dr. Nordquist talks to you like a person!! He takes the time to explain EVERYTHING and answers every question that you have. The staff is super friendly and simply amazing! I had intended on getting another opinion but I knew he was "the right guy" after a few minutes. I went in wondering if my cancer had been caught too late. I now have a solid plan and feel like I am more likely to be struck by lightning than dying from cancer! Do NOT go anywhere else!
in Lincoln, NE |
Dr. Luke Nordquist is extremely patient focused. He explained cancer in terms that were understandable to me ... but he did not "talk down" to me or my significant other. He was patient and kind and answered all our questions and addressed all of our concerns. The Nordquist clinic is clean, modern and comfortable. His staff members are ALL pleasant and professional. His clinic is easy to find and there is ample parking.
in Omaha, NE |
My husband was first diagnosed with prostate cancer 13 years ago and it's been horrible - radiation that went very badly, surgical removal of the prostate, and then several additional surgeries to repair damage from the radiation. After all that, the cancer is back. I'm so glad we found Dr. Nordquist and have total faith in his ability to provide my husband with the best (and most current) treatment available. I honestly believe his prostate cancer research will make him world famous someday.
Omaha, NE |
Took his time to explain very clearly the situation in easy terms that we understood.
in LaVista, NE |
Dr Nordquist and his staff are amazingly efficient and take patient care to an extreme I have not been exposed to previously. He and his staff care and put extra effort into helping you. They double check everything to ensure accuracy. He devotes all the time necessary with each patient and family to explain their prognosis, their options and to help them make the best decision for them. He is very comforting and you de-stress and become part of an action team to treat your problem. Excellent!
in Omaha, NE |
Dr. Nordquist was so down to earth! He explain how kidney cancer works and how you can treat it. After talking to Dr. Nordquist I felt so understanding of how everything works. I would recommend him to anyone going thur cancer. Dr. Nordquist and Staff was so friendly and made you feel like part of the family! Thank You Dell
in Lincoln, NE |
We went to see Dr. Nordquist after a cancer diagnosis for my husband and we have no regrets. From the office staff to Dr. Nordquist they all provide excellent customer. We love Haley and Ann and Kelley and Jill are wonderful. Matt is friendly and always makes it a point to say hello. Dr. Nordquist knows his stuff and we have had great results with his treatment plan. We love that he is innovative and he listens to his patients and their concerns. We are very happy we chose Dr Nordquist
in Omaha, NE |
I never had such a thorough and understandable consultation with a doctor before. The whole experience was pleasant, comfortable and helped me to really understand my situation and options. He treated us as though he had all the time in the world to talk with us. Excellence in care.
Have you seen Dr. Luke Nordquist, MD?
Are you Dr. Nordquist?

Compare Dr. Nordquist

Dr. Nordquist's Care Philosophy

Dr. Nordquist's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oncology
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology and Oncology
  •  Malpractice claims in Nebraska not available

Dr. Nordquist has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Nebraska.

Why It Matters: Dr. Nordquist's Board Certifications

• Medical Oncology
  • Oncology

• Adrenal Gland Cancer
  • All Lymphoma
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Genitourinary Cancers

Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Completed in 2004

Creighton University

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Nordquist does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nordquist and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oncology