Dr. Luke Nordquist, MD

Dr. Luke Nordquist, MD

Oncology  |
Dr. Luke Nordquist, MD is an oncology doctor who practices in Omaha, NE. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Nordquist is affiliated with Chi Health Lakeside, The Nebraska Methodist Hospital and Chi Health Bergan Mercy.

17607 Gold Plz

Omaha, NE 68130

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Nordquist

See how frequently Dr. Nordquist performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Urinary Disorders
Prostate Cancer
Cancer

Dr. Nordquist's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Nordquist "I take the fight against cancer personally. I lost my father to esophageal cancer. I understand the disruption cancer causes in a family. Attempting to understand the disease, treatment options, and make life changing decisions can seem overwhelming. I strive to help each patient and family gain knowledge of their disease and treatment options so they are well prepared to make the best decisions possible. We offer one of the top urological cancer research programs in the country."

• Oncology

• Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Genitourinary Cancers

• Bone Marrow Biopsy
  • Chemotherapy
  • Radiation Oncology Procedures
  • Thoracentesis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Nebraska.

• Creighton University
  • H.Lee Moffitt Cancer Center/University Of South Florida
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Nordquist has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nordquist does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nordquist and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nordquist's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nordquist to family and friends
Dr. Nordquist's Performance
in Omaha, NE |
First class facility, very caring staff, highly recommended.
in Omaha, NE |
Dr. Nordquist has been a tremendous blessing to our family. From the first visit, he spent time with us going through the diagnosis and explained the treatment options, what the cancer does specifically in the body, and what we could expect. He has enrolled me in research studies that would not have been available otherwise. He has changed my course of treatment when I was no longer responding to other forms of treatment. He is incredibly knowledgeable and has tremendous bedside manners.
in Papillion, NE |
Outstanding information provided in a caring way. Excellent overview of options and possible treatments. He took plenty of time to make sure we understood the situation and answered all our questions. I'm looking forward to having him on my team as I battle this disease.
in Omaha, NE |
The true care and compassion that my family received was amazing,every single person from the office people and nurses to Dr. Nordquist took amazing care of my husband making it easy to walk in there on a regular basis. He had extreme anxiety after being diagnosed with kidney cancer but he almost enjoyed going into the office to see all of HIS nurses and Dr. Nordquist..when faced with such a devastating diagnosis it's good to know that we have honest people like Dr. Nordquist and his staff.
Lincoln, NE |
You can always count on his office staff to be there and support you in any way. Whether you need a prescription or an appointment or simply have a question, you will always get an answer quickly. The staff really takes the time to know the patients and their families which is deeply appreciated when dealing with cancer. Matt is awesome. Ann is fantastic. We love the coffee and snacks specially on long appointment days.
in Audubon, IA |
Dr. Luke is very knowledgeable in the treatment of prostate cancer. He knows about the latest developments and if you are willing and qualify, he will help enroll you in a research study. He explains options for treatment very thoroughly. Lab and test results are shared the during the appointment, The office staff, ARNPs, lab and x-ray personnel and RNs are all very personable and caring. They know who we are and greet us even, if they are not scheduled to see us.
in Kearney, NE |
Dr. Nordquist and his staff were professional and friendly. Dr. Nordquist took the time to thoroughly explain my diagnosis, my prognosis, and my options before allowing me to make my own decision regarding my care. I feel at ease with his entire staff; patients really do come first at the Urology Cancer Center. I can't recommend them highly enough!
in Omaha, NE |
I have been very impressed with Dr. Nordquist and his staff. As one can imagine, being faced with a cancer diagnosis is something that changes your life drastically. When my family and I sat down with Dr. Nordquist for our first meeting, we knew we were in the right place. He went above and beyond what we expected spending time educating us and assuring me of all the treatments that were available to treat my cancer.
in Omaha, NE |
Plain and simple, Dr. Nordquist and his staff have saved my life. Dr. Nordquist is a straight shooter, and he blends in humor to help me with my anxiety. He explains everything to me in an understandable manner. Dr. Nordquist answers all my questions and I leave with a sense of satisfaction. The nurses and support staff are considered friends, they are always courteous and polite.
in Lincoln, NE |
i have been a patient of Dr. Nordquist for a year and a half , i have been counseled , treated , and participated in an immune therapy drug study . He and his staff have always been courteous, professional , and caring.. He is a great explainer and a listener, and he is always up-to-date about the latest and greatest opportunities in prostate cancer treatment. Make no mistake, this man and his clinic are truly a gift to those of us that suffer from this disease..
If you are looking for pharma care, this is the doctor for you. If you want to get better, get a second opinion. He misdiagnosed my dad. He only pushed pharmaceuticals and didn't mention anything about my dad's diet and nutrition (which is critical for smothering cancer). Go to a natural nutritionist. Research alternative cancer treatments. They work!!!!
in Platte Center Ne. |
Vary nice, vary informative and in terms that are understandable.
in Omaha, NE |
Dr. Nordquist was very knowledgeable about my cancer and took the time to spoon feed me all the information I needed. He also drew diagrams and sketches to help explain and give a visual explanation of things. He was very thorough and kind and laid out all the options for me. He was also assuring and gave me helpful statistics to hold on to. I'll be honest and say I'd rather not have to be treated for cancer. But since I do, I'm happy to be treated by Dr. Nordquist and his staff.
Lincoln, NE |
I can't explain all the reasons I would not recommend Dr. Nordquist in less than 500 characters. I was very unhappy with the care my father received from him. He's rude and did not want to spend too much time with the patient and was more concerned with pushing costly pills that had no real proof of success, which was told to me by another Oncologist. This is not just written in anger that my father's cancer was treated like "diabetes" by Luke, I just want others to seek a 2nd opinion.
in Omaha, NE |
dr nordquist takes the time to explain your situation, is very easy to talk to, and the place to be if you need treatment for prostate cancer - his entire staff is so warm and friendly and helpful, whether in person or on the phone.....it's a great place to be treated.
in Omaha, NE |
Dr Nordquist is a great Doctor. He is very knowledgeable in his field. He explains things in a way that is very easy to understand. He goes out of his way to make you feel at ease and that you are in good hands. He and his staff are very courteous and friendly. I would recommend Dr Nordquist to anyone going through urology cancer.
in Bellevue, NE |
Dr. Nordquist talks to you like a person!! He takes the time to explain EVERYTHING and answers every question that you have. The staff is super friendly and simply amazing! I had intended on getting another opinion but I knew he was "the right guy" after a few minutes. I went in wondering if my cancer had been caught too late. I now have a solid plan and feel like I am more likely to be struck by lightning than dying from cancer! Do NOT go anywhere else!
in Lincoln, NE |
Dr. Luke Nordquist is extremely patient focused. He explained cancer in terms that were understandable to me ... but he did not "talk down" to me or my significant other. He was patient and kind and answered all our questions and addressed all of our concerns. The Nordquist clinic is clean, modern and comfortable. His staff members are ALL pleasant and professional. His clinic is easy to find and there is ample parking.
in Omaha, NE |
My husband was first diagnosed with prostate cancer 13 years ago and it's been horrible - radiation that went very badly, surgical removal of the prostate, and then several additional surgeries to repair damage from the radiation. After all that, the cancer is back. I'm so glad we found Dr. Nordquist and have total faith in his ability to provide my husband with the best (and most current) treatment available. I honestly believe his prostate cancer research will make him world famous someday.
Omaha, NE |
Took his time to explain very clearly the situation in easy terms that we understood.
in LaVista, NE |
Dr Nordquist and his staff are amazingly efficient and take patient care to an extreme I have not been exposed to previously. He and his staff care and put extra effort into helping you. They double check everything to ensure accuracy. He devotes all the time necessary with each patient and family to explain their prognosis, their options and to help them make the best decision for them. He is very comforting and you de-stress and become part of an action team to treat your problem. Excellent!
in Omaha, NE |
I never had such a thorough and understandable consultation with a doctor before. The whole experience was pleasant, comfortable and helped me to really understand my situation and options. He treated us as though he had all the time in the world to talk with us. Excellence in care.
Have you seen Dr. Luke Nordquist, MD?
Are you Dr. Nordquist?

Visit Dr. Nordquist

Dr. Nordquist accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Group Plan PPO