Dr. Lukasz Curylo, MD

Dr. Lukasz Curylo, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Curylo is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who graduated from the Gdansk Medical Academy in Poland. He completed his externships at Harvard Medical School, Baylor College of Medicine, and Northwestern. Dr. Curylo completed his residency in Orthopedics at Case Western Reserve University and his Spine Fellowship at Rush and Shriners Hospitals in Chicago. In addition to being a spine surgeon, Dr. Curylo speaks fluent Polish, German, and Russian.

Dr. Curylo's Experience

See how Dr. Curylo's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Curylo

Dr. Curylo accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Curylo has admitting privileges.

Dr. Curylo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Curylo to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Curylo's Performance
    GOOD
in St. Louis, MO |
I had a microdiscectomy in 2008 for ruptured disc on left side. About 2 years ago ruptured same disc on opposite side. I tried osteopath, PT and neurologist at Barne's Siteman Center (twice). I was referred to Dr. Curylo and so glad I went. He listened intently to my history and symptoms. Go figure, set me up for a myelogram Unlike 2008 nightmare, I woke in recovery without pain. His post op instructions were very thorough. A+ to Dr. Curylo.
in Ellisville, MO |
The very best spine surgeon. I could only walk 100 yds before surgery, now I can walk FOREVER!!!!
Hackettstown, NJ |
I found Dr. Curylo to be uninterested in my well being. After determining that he could not help me with surgery his lack of interest in my history or next steps made me feel as if I was now inconveniencing him. After inquiring if an xray was necessary since I just had an MRI and am on a tight budget his response was a patronizing, "We don't perform unnecessary tests." Later he admitted that an xray would not change his treatment recommendation so I decided to wait to see the next Dr.
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Curylo was fantastic with me before during and after my surgery. He is very informative and genuine with his patients. I would highly recommend him. I can't thank him enough for getting my life pain free again. Thank you Trevor
in Chesterfield, MO |
Excellent surgeon! Very good results after surgery.
in St Louis, MO |
I met Dr. Curylo 10 years ago when my back got so bad I had to retire from my work. He saw me and thoroughly explained my options to me. I agreed to undergo a 2 level fusion with instrumentation. I did recover extremely well from this surgery. Due to my extensive arthritis with pain, I returned to this surgeon and had a 3 level surgery in my lower spine on 3/15/17. I'm almost 3 weeks post op and I'm mobile, no pain meds, can go up and down stairs without difficulty and function well.
in Fenton, MO |
Dr. Curylo is a wonderful and caring doctor. I am so grateful for the two spinal fusions he did. He always explains what's going on with my back. I've suffered some bad falls and been rear-ended in my car several times. When that happens, I get an appointment quickly. There is only one receptionist who is a bit crabby. The rest of the staff are wonderful.
O'Fallon, MO |
Dr. Curylo was excellent, and took the time to answer every question before a surgery that was a bit frightening for me. I needn't have been frightened. Not only did I have an excellent result, my pain wa controlled as well it possibly it could have been.
in St.Louis, Mo |
Dr.Curylo Do A wonderful job I'm very pleased .
in Florissant, MO |
Was very comforting. Explained everything. took personal time to visit with me in hospital. Follow and procedure was amazing.
in St Louis, MO |
Dr Curylo is knowledgeable and compassionate. He saved my ability to walk in an emergency situation, when he didn't have to take me on as a patient. He spoke to me. Score and after the surgery, telling me exactly what he was going to do. I will. E forever grateful that he was my doctor.
in Washington, MO |
I would not recommend Dr. Curylo to anyone. He sent a letter to my insurance company which contained false information which, in turn, caused the denial of my surgery. He was very arrogant. rude and smug during our entire second visit and then again sent out a false account of the content of the visit. He claimed he advised me to do certain things which were never even remotely discussed and excluded everything which was discussed. His support staff tends to be rather rude as well.
in St Louis, MO |
I had a very positive experience with having Doctor Curylo doing my back surgery. The only regret is that I didn't have the surgery sooner. Everything went well with the surgery and I am now without having back pain for the first time in 30 years!
Florissant, MO |
Good surgeon but won't help with disability.His nurse said only if you are an amputee can they be sure the patient isn't lying, and doctor unsympathetic about pain from permanently damaged nerves.Nurse is a passive aggressive like Nurse Ratchet.Didn't want to give me a handicapped parking sign.Had to beg.Nurse said don't ask for another one.Doctor has no compassion or empathy. Bedside manner sucks. I wish I had gone somewhere else. Doctor arrogant & does not err on side of patient, uncaring.
in St Charles, Mo |
Dr Curylo explained everything to me. Once he performed the surgery to my next, relief was instantaneous as soon as I woke from anesthesia. I only went back for follow up and have never had another issue.
Have you seen Dr. Lukasz Curylo, MD?
Are you Dr. Curylo?

Compare Dr. Curylo

}

Dr. Curylo says...

Dr. Curylo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Missouri not available

Dr. Curylo has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

Why It Matters: Dr. Curylo's Board Certifications

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Rush and Shriner's Hospital

• German
  • Polish
  • Russian

Dr. Curylo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Curylo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Disc Replacement