Dr. Luis Vazquez, DO

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 39

Dr. Luis Vazquez, DO is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Phoenix, AZ. Dr. Vazquez has more experience with Sleep Apnea and Otologic Conditions & Procedures than other specialists in his area. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Vazquez to book an appointment.

Elite. Ent.

2340 E Beardsley Rd Ste 260 Phoenix, AZ 85024
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists

Compare Dr. Vazquez with our nearby Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists at Mayo.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Mayo.

Dr. Vazquez's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Vazquez

2.2

Dr. Vazquez
I'm 58 years old, I've experienced plenty of pain in my life, I tore my knee up snow skiing (my foot was facing backwards) I've had a dislocated shoulder, so I know what pain is, but yesterday when this egotistical idiot did my debrigement, he did not use any local anesthetic at all and was getting angry at me for moving while he was preforming the debridgement. IF YOU READ ANY INFO ABOUT A DEBRIDGEMENT ITS SAYS THEY USE A LOCAL ANESTHETIC BEFORE THE PROCEDURE. This was one of the worst things I've ever been through. So i would not recommend this Doctor to my worst enemy, just look at all the other reviews (SURE WHICH I WOULD HAVE)!!!!!!! It will not let you put no stars for a rating or I would have.
Bryan – Jun 17, 2021
Avoid at all costs, you may be able to get an appointment here very quickly compared to other ENT's, however this is for good reason. Doctor Vasquez saw me for less than 5 minutes total, suggested 3 things to fix my issues, 2 of which I said I didn't think I wanted because they were unnecessary, however I was pushed into making appointments regardless. I was also shown another doctor who ran tests and not told this doctor was outside of my insurance network. Even if you ignore the reviews saying that this is a surgery mill (2 of the 3 things suggested to me were surgeries by the way), you will absolutely get subpar care with a doctor that spends less than 5 minutes with you. If you're curious, this 5 minutes of time was billed for $600+ to my insurance.
  • Long wait times
Jun 17, 2021
Dr Vazquez walked in with a rehearsed script . He never asked me one question. He had no idea what my goals or concerns were . He never asked if my hearing was impaired but tried to refer me for hearing aids. I would definitely not recommend this doctor. I have worked in medical care for almost 30 years. This is the type of doctor to avoid.
Feb 25, 2021
We do not recommend this office/dr. Both times we went, he was rude and unpleasant to his assistant, who was clearly unhappy. During the procedure, he actually cussed at me and told me to hold still. "Damn it! Hold still!" (I later learned from a friend who had the same procedure at a different dr, that they actually put his head into a sort of harness to assure stillness and accuracy, which this dr did not do.) When he was done, he said, "We'll just do one ear today and if you like it, come back and get the other, because I need money to pay for my divorce." It was worse than ever for weeks, (which can indeed be a part of the procedure). But months later, still no better than before. I have no way of knowing if it was a faulty job, or just my bad ears/luck. I think he hates his job. You don't want someone poking holes in your head/ear who is so miserable and angry. There is an atmosphere of misery in the office, in spite of nice decorating. I pity the workers. Find a kind one.
Jewell – Feb 16, 2021
Not sure if Dr. Vasquez is an idiot or inconsiderate! The staff and medical workers at Elite ENT are great. I Took my son in for an ear infection. Dr. Vazquez seemed very annoyed that we wore goggles for eye protection. Seeing that covid is aerosolized, this is reasonable. Apparently Dr. Vasquez found this offensive and was very rude to me and my son. I found the fact that Dr. Vasquez had cut holes at the nose of his face mask offensive. Not sure if he is an idiot about how virus spread or just inconsiderate of his patients and staff.
Nov 25, 2020
DR VAZQUEZ IS AN AMAZING AND CARING DOCTOR. HE TAKES THE TIME TO LISTEN AND ANSWERS ALL YOUR QUESTIONS WITH NO HESITATIONS. HE RECOMMENDS WHAT IS BEST FOR THE PATIENT, WHETHER IT IS SURGERY OR NOT. I HAVE READ MOST OF THE "BAD" REVIEWS THAT THEY HAVE LEFT AND TRULY I DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY OF THEM. I EVEN READ ONE REVIEW COMPLAINING ABOUT CHARGING THE INSURANCE COMPANY. I'VE ALWAYS SAID PEOPLE NEED TO TRULY UNDERSTAND THEIR INSURANCE AS FAR AS COPAYS, DEDUCTIBLES, CO INSURANCE, PRIOR AUTHORIZATIONS, REFERRALS ETC. DOCTORS OFFICES DO EVERYTHING NECESSARY TO TREAT A PATIENT AS WELL AS THEY CAN IN AN ALLOTTED TIME FRAME, UNLESS IT IS A BIG PROCEDURE A DR'S OFFICE CANNOT CHECK EVERY LITTLE DETAIL WITH INSURANCE. AS A PATIENT IT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW OUR POLICY, OR WE CAN SIMPLY SAY "NO" IF YOU DON'T WANT IT DONE OR IF YOU WOULD WANT TO DOUBLE CHECK WITH YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY. JUST MY OPINION... BUT DR VAZQUEZ IS TRULY AN AMAZING DR! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM! :)
Feb 07, 2020
Great staff, never have to wait to see doctor, great prices (even without insurance), super cute office space
Jan 24, 2020
Great Doctor. Very kind, patient and knowledgeable. Would recommend!
Shelly – Jan 24, 2020
Dr Vazquez at Elite ENT was very condescending when I questioned the treatment plan. As we left the exam room I asked politely if in the future could he see my daughter who happens to have Down Syndrome without subjecting her to the exam chair that moves and upsets my daughter and his response, no because it hurts my neck to look down. Clearly a doctor that can not accommodate his patients. I question why a doctor in a caring profession cease to show care.
Mar 22, 2019
If you have a copay- make sure you put in writing in your file that you do NOT want any procedures performed that aren't covered under your copay unless they disclose prior to the procedure or you may just get a bill like we did. They blame it on the medical insurance which is partly true however they submit the code to the insurance company telling them to charge it separate and have done it a million times and know whats going to happen!!
Feb 26, 2019
Very quick to give diagnosis. Very quick to recommend extended services. Does not give estimate pricing for services - so be ready for $$$$$$$$ surprise when you get the bill. Mediocre doctor at best. Short professional experience shows.
SCOTTSDALE – Jan 10, 2019
Scheduling the appointment for his office was shockingly easy. They had one same day and an immediate one the next day. I scheduled and was surprised there were a lot of people. Wait was long. I waited a while to see the doctor. Doctor did just a few texts and then spent the rest of my visit talking down to me and trying to pressure me into getting surgery. He disputed facts that were readily available and kept pushing for a controversial surgery. I felt more like cash to him than a patient.
  • Long wait times
Dec 21, 2017
I was experiencing ear pain and Dr. Vazquez was able to see me quickly and diagnose my problem. He was. Wet professional, clearly explained what was going on, and what my treatment would entail. I would highly recommend him.
Phoenix, AZ – Feb 21, 2017
I saw Dr. Vasquez for unexplained dizziness, massive headaches, ear pressure, and ear pain. Previously diagnosed with fluid in ear. Auditory test revealed some hearing loss. Dr. Talked with me and told me I had nerve damage. I suggested he look in my ear. Said he thought he did. Looked in ear, no fluid. Said he would send me for balance testing. Staff member came in and told me many patients had complained about him including several that day about poor explanations of diagnosis with patients.
Cheryl Lee in Anthem, AZ – Sep 15, 2016
Dr. Vazquez has terrible bedside manner. He messed up a fungal ear infection claiming it to be bacterial. Had to see a real MD who was amazed he treated it as bacterial infection. He said he had never seen quite a "fungal" flower patch, whatever that means.
Matt D in Glendale – Aug 05, 2016
Continued from previous survey because I ran out of room. Dr. Vazquez should not be scheduled to see patients who have hearing loss. He speaks fast, softly and does not speak directly to the patient which just doesn't work. He seemed in a hurry to get done with my appointment and sell me hearing aids.
Jane D. in Surprise, AZ – Apr 19, 2016
Lack of experience, which could be a deal breaker for a medical procedure.
PHX in Phoenix, AZ – Mar 05, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Vazquez?

Luis F. Vazquez, DO, FAAOA, offers top-notch professional ENT (ear, nose, and throat) services to the Phoenix, Arizona, community at Elite ENT. He specializes...Read more

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Does Dr. Luis Vazquez, DO offer telehealth services?

Dr. Vazquez has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.

Is Dr. Luis Vazquez, DO accepting new patients?

Dr. Luis Vazquez, DO generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Vazquez's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Luis Vazquez, DO accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Vazquez accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Luis Vazquez, DO's top areas of care?

Dr. Vazquez frequently treats Sleep Apnea and Otologic Conditions & Procedures. See all practice areas where Dr. Vazquez specializes.

Where is Dr. Luis Vazquez, DO's office located?

Dr. Vazquez's office is located at 2340 E Beardsley Rd Ste 260, Phoenix, AZ 85024. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Luis Vazquez, DO?

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Frequently Treated by Dr. Vazquez

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Vazquez treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Vazquez treats other conditions, please contact the office at (602) 802-8240.

Sleep Apnea

Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other Sleep Apnea specialists.

Dr. Vazquez is experienced in the area of Sleep Apnea. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Similar Providers
Sleep Apnea
Normal
High
Very High

Otologic Conditions & Procedures

Otolgic care is s subspecialty of otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) that focuses on symptoms and conditions of the ear, including hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and infections.Compare with other Otologic Conditions & Procedures specialists.

Dr. Vazquez is experienced in the area of Otologic Conditions & Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 20 conditions and procedures

• Acute Tonsillitis
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Anosmia
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Audiometry
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • Dizziness
  • Dysphagia
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Cancer
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Pharynx Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Facial Fracture
  • Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
  • Frenectomy
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Screening
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Home Sleep Study
  • Malignant Otitis Externa
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Middle Ear Implant Candidacy Evaluation
  • Nasal Polyp
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sinusitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Skin Grafts
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Wheezing
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Vazquez accepts

Dr. Vazquez accepts the following insurance:

Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Elite. Ent.2340 E Beardsley Rd Ste 260 Phoenix, AZ 85024
Desert Ridge Outpatient Surgery Center20940 N Tatum Blvd Ste 100 Phoenix, AZ 85050

Compare with other Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Mayo.