Dr. Luis Nieves, MD

Dr. Luis Nieves, MD

Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Luis Nieves, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Hurst, TX. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years.

1717 Precinct Line Rd Ste 200

Hurst, TX 76054

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Prime Health Services

Learn about Dr. Nieves

See how frequently Dr. Nieves performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
Chronic Pain
Low Back Pain

Dr. Nieves's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Nieves "Patients in pain require the most attention because their pain affects their daily lives from the time they wake up to the time they sleep. Pain management can provide patients with alternatives to narcotics that can change their lives. Seeing a patient go from disabling pain to being active again is extremely rewarding to me."

• Pain Medicine

• Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Chronic Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Dystonia
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lyme Disease
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Chronic Pain Management
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epidural Steroid Injections

• Baylor Medical Center
  • Jps Health Network
  • John Peter Smith Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Nieves has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nieves does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nieves and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nieves' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nieves to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Nieves' Performance
in Grand Prairie |
If I could give zero stars I would ! They purposely started drug testing me 3 times a month the get more money out of me knowing my insurance only covered 1 and each drug test after that was $1,000 and they kept giving me false positive tests because they were at fault for not giving me my medication for a month because I was breastfeeding and said it was an issue I didn't have my medication in my system even though they didn't give me any I now left their practice and because of their reports I
Ft Worth, TX |
STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!! (He is not board certified and unprofessional) I had an appointment today at 3:00pm. I was told to arrive 30 minutes eyarlier to fill out paperwork. I was there at 2:24 waiting in line. They cancelled my appointment because I had not finished the stack of paperwork by 3:00, NO ONE even told us. They just let us wait. They said I needed to reschedule. WHAT!! Why? They said the doctor cancelled my appointment. What kind of doctor cancels an appt because of paperwork?
in Grapevine, Texas |
This Doctor has medical assistant perform procedures in office that should be performed by licensed physician. He I not board certified in pain management only has a fellowship. He performed a ESI on my wife that left her with paralysis in her right hand. Assuming he actually performed the procedure, he injected steroid into her spinal cord. My wife can no longer work and has difficulties getting dressed or doing household chores. Please stay away from physician, Texas Pain Relief Group.
Euless, TX |
Very warm personal tone. Listens. Sympathetic. Wants to help patient.
in Hurst, TX |
Dr Nieves seems like a capable doctor but the operation is a meat shop. Get them in shoot them up get them out. Office is the reason I left. They scheduled my MANDATORY 30 day visit on the same day Nieves gave my spinal shots. So they said I didn't make the 30 day visit ,even though I saw the doctor and had a procedure done, I couldn't get refills and there were not appointments available for 6 weeks. Don't sound like treating the person to me.
in Dallas, TX |
I first saw Dr. Nieves in mid-July. He's very nice, but his office staff is awful. We agreed on 1st visit that spinal cord stimulator was the way to go. Only took them 6 months to get my case rejected by my insurance bc they never contacted my old Dr for my records. I gave them that info TWICE & said call me if there's a problem. I confronted them & they ARGUED with me instead of trying to help! Finally saw different dr, took 2 weeks to get scheduled for the same procedure.
in Irving, TX |
Dr Nieves himself appears to be a good doctor. However this office staff is one of the worst I've ever had to deal with. It took 2 months from getting an MRI before the follow up visit. There were multiple phone calls in between trying to get results. Then they tried to get a pre-authorization done for a procedure but never bothered to request records from a previous Dr. that they knew they needed. They basically wasted 6 months of time and several hundred dollars in co-pays to do nothing.
in North Richland Hills |
Always have to wait at leas 1.5 hours past my appointment time to be seen and staff does not seem to actually care about patients, just getting their money
in Ft Worth, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Nieves for around one year. At my last appointment, I was informed that they would no longer be accepting self pay patients. I do not have Health Insurance. Apparently the slogan We don't just treat the pain, we treat the person is a lie. I am on significant pain meds and, unless I have medication, I'm going to hurt badly. I'm VERY disappointed!
in Ft Worth, TX |
After battling neck pain for many years from wear and tear from playing college sports, I thought opiates were the answer. I became addicted to pain killers and it almost ruined my life. All from my neck pain. I got sober but I still had to resolve my neck pain. Dr. Nieves listened to my concerns and recommended a cervical facet joint injection. His caring personality assured me that I would be Ok. After the shot, I have not felt this good since my early 20's. Thank You, Dr. Nieves! You Saved me
Have you seen Dr. Luis Nieves, MD?
Are you Dr. Nieves?