Dr. Luis Diaz, MD

Dr. Luis Diaz, MD

Neurology  ·
Dr. Luis Diaz, MD is a neurology specialist in Las Vegas, NV and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from LaSalle University in 1980 and specializes in neurology.Read his story

3150 N Tenaya Way Ste 520

Las Vegas, NV 89128

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Health Net
  • HealthSource of Ohio

No malpractice claims found for Nevada

Check Dr. Diaz's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Diaz's Top Procedures and Conditions

Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis

Dr. Diaz treats Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Diaz treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Polyneuropathy

Dr. Diaz treats Polyneuropathy more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Diaz treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Acute Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy

• Hydrocephalus
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Injuries
  • Meningitis
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Stiff-Man Syndrome
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

Each patient is considered to be a life that I am responsible for. Either I will do my best to save that life or improve the quality of life of that person.

• Neurology

3.7

Dr. Diaz?
Dr. Diaz's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Luis Diaz, MD
Dr. Luis Diaz has been my dr for many years. I have referred many people to him because he was the only dr that found the correct diagnosis for my very rare painful condition. He is very thorough. He stays up with neurological research & implements best practices. He is also very caring & compassionate-which I find has become less frequent in the medical community. Everyone I’ve referred him to has been very pleased! Consequently, I don’t agree with any of the negative posts!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Luis Diaz, MD?
Still waiting for the office to call me, 6 months now. When I call I get answering service, when I get someone in the office they tell me they will call me back but never do. Frustrated because I liked the dr and felt he was knowledgeable but what can I do? He needs new office staff. Also, the wait time is hours. No excuses or apologies, it is just that way. Sad to leave this review.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Luis Diaz, MD?
An hour and a half past my appointment time. They said maybe another hour. No courtesy. Asked to reschedule. But the doctor runs late every day. Those of us who work have schedules and have to take off but then have to sit there for 2+ hours. I walked out and will find a new doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Luis Diaz, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Diaz for over seven years. He is thorough in his evaluations, providing top-notch results. He has constantly provide me with the best care and advice. Waiting times may be longer than some other doctors, but you have to realize that is because he takes whatever time is required to fully inform the patient about their diagnosis and treatment options. Anyone who has been a long-time patient of Dr. Diaz knows this, and is more than willing to await our turn.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Luis Diaz, MD?
Long wait times to be seen, when I always called got the answering service which were always very rude. He advised I had Still Persons Syndrome even though blood work came back negative. He want to start me on some IV drip three times a week, four hours each session, stated if I moved out of state I wouldn’t be able to continue treatment cause they’ll say I don’t have it. Which turns out I don’t have stiff persons syndrome. To get copies of your medical records they charge $20-25 crazy, my rec
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Luis Diaz, MD?
90+ minute wait to see doctor. Lady at reception desk was surly to say the least and refused to acknowledge me for 7 minutes because she was busy visiting with a patient (discussing dogs).. Doctor would barely let me get a word in edgewise. Almost got up and walked out multiple times. Wish I had.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Luis Diaz, MD?
He is very empathetic and knowledgeable. I'm looking forward to starting a new treatment for MS. His recommendation that I take very large doses of Vit. D3 has resulted in my feeling better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Luis Diaz, MD?
He is the best neurologist in Las Vegas. He is incredibly kind & empathetic. He took the time to thoroughly test me & find a diagnosis. I had been to many doctors & had run across so many who rushed through the tests & didn't really listen to me. Dr. Diaz really drills down & asks a lot of questions! I was so shocked by his caring manner & intensive testing. I had almost given up on finding help until I met him. You may have a long wait in the waiting room becasue he does this for everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Luis Diaz, MD?
Dr Diaz was suggested to me after 3 years of seeking a solution and reaching a point where i was never going to see another Dr..His warmth and compassion instantly made me comfortable, He listened and actually heard me, He was the one who discovered that I had a malignant brain tumor and had been misdiagnosed for years, referred me to a wonderful surgeon .. He is truly an amazing human being who happens to be a Dr..I now am 21 years away from that diagnoses still grateful to Dr Diaz :)!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Luis Diaz, MD?
Kept us waiting more than an hour. We were told this is the norm, that he runs late. Terrible. No doctor is worth this.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Luis Diaz, MD?
I have a rare autoimmune condition and he is very knowledgeable about it. He explains things so I can understand what I need to do to manage my illness. He genuinely cares about his patients. I give him the highest ratings.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Luis Diaz, MD?
Waited over an hour in a tiny waiting room with a TV running annoying programs and sound!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Luis Diaz, MD?
Dr. Diaz is great. He listens to your concerns and does not like to sugar coat anything. He does not give up until he has an answer for you. I wish I had found him a long time ago.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Luis Diaz, MD?
The wait time can be a little long at times. However, this is because Dr. Diaz always treats his patients with respect and spends as much time as needed with them. A lot of doctors seem to treat you like they're working on an assembly line; in-and-out as fast as possible. You won't see that with Dr. Diaz and his staff. I've been blessed to find some good doctors here in the Las Vegas area. He's among the best and his staff is great too! BTW: I highly recommend him to everyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Luis Diaz, MD?
He makes you feel relaxed which is not easy when you are getting needles in the eye area. Over 10 times done and never a problem feeling like he did his best and I would now function normally. I'm upset my new insurance does not cover Dr. Diaz. His office staff is fantastic and always shows concern for me. I sure miss Dr. Diaz.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Luis Diaz, MD?
Called office to make an appt. and let them know that I had the referral and could email it, but I needed an appt. ASAP. Was told by Sergio he did not have email. I finally went to the office to make my appointment. Unable to get an appointment with Dr. Diaz until late September, it's 6/1. Been dealing with severe memory problems for months, had to go thru appropriate channels before getting referral. I am sure he is GREAT, however, I am in need of help now, he is not in need of patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Luis Diaz, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Diaz for 20 years. In between, I have retired and moved to several states and have gotten Botox injections for my Dystonia/Torticollis from other Neurologists, none of which had the same resolve of symptoms as Dr. Diaz did. I then flew from other states to be treated by Dr. Diaz. I totally find he is the best and will not be treated by any other Neurologist. Also he is very kind, caring, kind and compassionate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Luis Diaz, MD?
It's not the doctor its the appointment personnel. Slow responses to messages left on telephone. They say they answer 300-400 calls @ day and that is why they can't get back to me in a timely basis. I asked that they email me information on my doctors visit and they said they don't email and that I would have to go to their office to pick up my results. Customer service needs to be improved to include timely responses and the ability to forward medical reports to patients via email.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Luis Diaz, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Diaz?

Insurance accepted