Family Medicine  |
Dr. Ludmilla Ionescu, MD
Ludmilla Ionescu, M.D., is a board-certified family medicine physician. She grew up in Moscow, Russia where she attended Moscow Medical Academy. Dr. Ionescu completed her internship at the State Scientific Center of Dermatovenerology (Dermatology) in Moscow, Russia before moving to the U.S. to start her Family Practice residency at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital. Since she was a child, Dr. Ionescu wanted to become a doctor because of her idol, her father, a surgeon and Honored Physician of the Russian Federation. She grew up watching him work in the hospital and wanted to be just like him. Dr. Ionescu approaches her practice with the philosophy that you "treat the root of the tree and not its leaves, and therefore listen to the patient so you can get to the root of the tree." She uses an individual approach to the diagnosis and treatment of each patient in order to get to the root of the problem. Dr. Ionescu treats her patients as if they are family and she enjoys seeing her patients go back to their normal lives, happy and healthy. In her spare time, Dr. Ionescu enjoys spending time with her daughter, traveling, sports, competitive ballroom dancing and Pilates. She is fluent in Russian and English.

16918 Dove Canyon Rd Ste 100

San Diego, CA 92127

(858) 924-1900

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Sharp Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Ionescu

Dr. Ionescu's Experience

Dr. Ionescu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

• General Medical Practice

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

No malpractice history found for California.

• Moscow Medical Academy
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • State Scientific Center Of Dermatovenerology, Moscow, Russia
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Miami/Jackson Mem Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Ionescu has no media or publications listed.

• Russian

Dr. Ionescu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ionescu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ionescu's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ionescu to family and friends
Dr. Ionescu's Performance
San Diego |
I love Dr. Ionescu. She is very pationate and knowledgeable doctor. I came to see her with multiple complaints and she looked for the cause of my problems. She did not prescribe me medication only to cover my symptoms and I am very appreciative of it. She knows how to listen and support. She is not big on drugs. She prescribes more complex treatments and does not relay only on drugs.
San Diego, CA |
Because of Dr. Ionescu, I ended being on way too many medications and was getting sick. 2 years later, I come to find that the two medications she put me on NEVER worked. All I got was a placebo effect. I went to a SPECIALIST that I trust to figure this out. She saw that my symptoms weren't improving. She heard me complain. By the time our patient/doctor relationship was coming to an end, she stopped calling me back and instead was talking with all my other doctors. I do not recommend her.
in San Diego CA |
Honestly, the most thorough, friendly, informative, caring physician I have ever been to. Office is clean and comfortable, staff are are incredibly friendly. I feel lucky that I found an amazing doctor to provide me with medical care. I highly recommend this doctor!
in San Diego, CA |
Excellent doctor, easy to talk to. Extremely professional, knowledgeable, shows much interest. The office is very clean, the staff is amazing, the front desk ladies are greeting you with a smile. What's is important- scheduling an appointment is easy and fast. I strongly recommend Dr. Ionesku as a PCP
in Poway, CA |
Dr. Ionescu is very nice and easy to talk to. She is open minded and expresses interest. Her assistant Amber is attentive as well. The office is very nicely appointed and uses technology well to schedule appointments. I'm slightly less impressed with the Arch Health patient portal, but that's not her fault. I would definitely recommend her as a family medicine or internal medicine doctor.
in Rancho Bernardo, CA |
I absolutely love Dr. Ionescu! I found her by accident when my current GP was on vacation, and after seeing her once, I decided to switch to her permanently. She is very thorough and takes no shortcuts in getting to the root of issues. Her bedside manner is phenomenal - she really cares about her patients, takes time with them and is very caring. I highly recommend her!
in Poway, CA |
I am someone who has resisted doctors as long as possible. When I was in such bad pain and I could be seen almost immediately with her, I jumped at the chance. Well, I now have a doctor for the first time in at least 25 years. She is beyond kind! I can't begin to tell how comfortable she made me. She actually got me to return for a physical, have a mammogram, and all the other care I had put off because of fear and general dislike of doctors. If possible, I now LOVE my doctor!
Have you seen Dr. Ludmilla Ionescu, MD?
Are you Dr. Ionescu?