Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Male • Age 56

Dr. Manov
1100 E 1387 S Salt Lake City, UT 84105

Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in Salt Lake City, UT and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from Sofia Medical Academy / Faculty Of Medicine in 1987 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry and psychiatry.

• Hospital satisfaction Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals
  • Low wait times Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Friendly staff Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

Dr. Manov accepts

Dr. Manov accepts the following insurance:

Commercial Insurance Company
Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield of Utah
Value Care
SelectHealth

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Utah

Check Dr. Manov's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Manov's Top Procedures and Conditions

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

Dr. Manov treats Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) more than 56% of his peers

Dr. Manov treats this condition more than 56% of his peers

Dr. Manov treats this condition more than 53% of his peers

Dr. Manov's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

3.9

Dr. Manov?
Dr. Manov's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD
I have been seeing Dr Manov or my medications or nearly a year and he is the best doctor I've been to in over 20 years. He is personable and warm yet knowledgeable. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
Trustworthy physician. Provides compassionate understanding and caring support. Benevolent and kindhearted. Thoughtfully higher minded. Enjoyable sessions. Gained confidence and belief in myself. Office is comforting and staff is excellent. Recommended to all of my family and they share the same impression. I am blessed to be in the care of such a delightful practitioner of emotional healing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
I'm shocked Dr Manov has any decent reviews because my experience with him has been horrible. I've dreaded every appointment I have made with him, which is probably a sign that I should have switched psychiatrists a long time ago. He has been insensitive and rude about very delicate personal issues that I've expressed with him numerous times. It got to a point where I stopped bringing anything up because he would just make me feel awful about it. I would just go for the RX refills. I'm not sure if he is just very forgetful even after dozens of appts, or if he is really just rude and arrogant? I don't expect him to remember every detail about my life, but it would be nice if he would at least review his notes every once in awhile. It's hard to share mental health issues to someone who is so imperceptive, inconsiderate, and thoughtless. If you just need someone to write an RX, he's as good as anyone else. But don't share anything too personal and expect him to even pretend to care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
We have been seeing Dr Manov for over a year, and he has been great with my kids, after our pediatrician was out of resources. Mental health medication has been a rough road for our family, and I am so glad that Dr Manov takes the time to listen to our verbal (and my non-verbal sometimes) feedback. The first appointment was of course longer to get the complete background and to make sure everything was recorded. Follow ups are quicker, but still very efficient for medication changes if needed. His staff has been very helpful when we had to rearrange schedules and when we needed an extra refill because of bad planning on my part. Very accommodating. If you are looking for a no-nonsense, well qualified doctor, and if you can be clear about your questions and desired results - he's the one to go to. We have felt well cared for and have recommended him to friends that have asked.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
Have been seeing Dr. Manov for little over a year for Bipolar was doing really well then developed allergies to medication. Dr. Manov worked with me over several months until finding a suitable replacement medication that works.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
If you want superfluous appointments, lots of hand holding, and a soft, melancholic bedside manner—Dr. Manov is not your man! He is efficient, expert, and will not waste your time (like doctors we’ve had before—with 2/week appointments for months on end). He helped my teen immensely and worked around our busy schedules. He accepts almost all Insurance, and we’ve never paid more than a simple $20 Co-pay. Attractive office. Easy access to I-15. And he’s the best and the brightest. Five stars!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
I have seen doctor Manov two times. The first time the care was top notch and the Bulgarian Dr. spent adequate time asking questions, listening, and personalizing the appointment. The second appointment Dr Manov was rude, did not listen to concerns I was having with the medication he prescribed, and was completely closed minded and in a rush to get on to the next patient. He had the nerve of verbalizing his impatience “saying we need to hurry this up I have other patients waiting.”
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
I honestly don’t know how he has any high reviews. Maybe from people with very simple complaints? He just does not listen well. He thinks he knows best when he really can’t even remember what you’ve ever talked about. Barely remembers my name after 4 visits. He once said to me, you don’t need counseling until after we figure out your medications. What?? Don’t they go hand in hand? Considering he spends 20 minutes represcribing my medications, I don’t think that’s working through my issues much.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
Dr. Manov believes he is right & everyone else is wrong. He lectures you for having a difference of opinion. This man over medicates. He put our child on 3 different drugs at one time. Our son was asleep most of the time and couldn't concentrate in school. We tried to speak to him about it but no he wouldn't listen. His office staff is as rude as him. We've had problems with Latasha his billing specialist who told us our bill was paid then tried to go back on it. Don't go here!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
This man over prescribes medications. He would rather have a doped up child than a functioning one.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Manov?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Sofia Medical Academy / Faculty Of Medicine

• Bulgarian
  • Russian
  • Serbo-Croatian

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Manov treats patients.

75% Patient experience rating, 6% higher than the national average