Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD

Dr. Manov
Telehealth services available

Ludmil K Manov MD PC

21 N 490 W American Fork, UT 84003

Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in American Fork, UT and has over 34 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Sofia Medical Academy / Faculty Of Medicine medical school in 1987. He is affiliated with Utah Valley Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Manov to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Friendly Staff
    Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Utah

Check Dr. Manov's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Manov's Top Procedures and Conditions

Anxiety

Dr. Manov treats Anxiety more than 51% of his peers

Dr. Manov treats this condition more than 51% of his peers

Adjustment Disorder

Dr. Manov treats Adjustment Disorder more than 50% of his peers

Dr. Manov treats this condition more than 50% of his peers

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

Dr. Manov treats Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) more than 49% of his peers

Dr. Manov treats this condition more than 49% of his peers

Dr. Manov's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

Dr. Manov accepts

Dr. Manov accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Manov

3.8

Dr. Manov?
  • Wait times (74)
  • Office environment (73)
  • Staff friendliness (73)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (28)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (27)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (27)
Absolute worst dr I have ever seen. I have been seeing him for over a year and I don’t know how I still go. He is so insensitive about person issues, brings them up in a very rude and upsetting way. He asks questions and does not listen to you. I have told him every single appointment I am a hairdresser and he has never remembered. What he does remember is things I’ve struggled with and he likes to point them out to me in a mean way. A couple of real comments from him (no joke) “Bipolar people are immoral” “I don’t want your brother to waste as much time as you did with figuring out your bi polar.” He also diagnosed me with bipolar after talking to me for 3 minutes. Please DO NOT go to him. Do yourself a favor get a real doctor!
Feb 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
Dr Manov should not be a doctor. He is rude, belittling and doesn’t listen. His poor decisions landed my son in the psychiatric hospital twice!
Oct 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
I'm an adult who saw Dr. Manov for over a year before switching psychiatrists. I found him cold and arrogant and unwilling to listen to my input. At first I thought the relationship would work because I enjoy quirky people, but after a few visits I realized it would be rocky. He told me that he can tell within the first few seconds of a patient walking through the door--even before they said anything, he knew their diagnosis and what he was going to do, but people want to talk so he has to make useless small talk. I am not making this up. When I see any doctor, I expect the doctor to make a genuine effort to listen to me and understand my experience, then work out a treatment plan that they and I both agree with. Dr. Manov just made his decision and told you what it was. After a while I gave up trying to make my voice heard and looked for another psychiatrist. One last note: He tends to err on the side of more medication than less. Whether that's a good thing or bad is your call.
Jun 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
Dr. Manov has helped me learn effective coping mechanisms. He expects a lot out of his patients, in a good way. If you keep your appointments and work hard along with him, you will achieve peace. I highly recommend him, and I highly recommend therapy in general. It saved my life.
Caroline – Apr 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
I have been taking my adult disabled son who is totally non-verbal and who has multiple psychiatric and neurological issues to Dr. Manov for several years now and our (my son and I) experience has been excellent. Dr. Manov is very professional and detailed in his approach, making sure to work with both My son's Neurologist as well as his Primary Care Physician (a Doctor of Internal Medicine). I give Dr. Manov 5 enthusiastic stars!
Craig – Mar 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Manov or my medications or nearly a year and he is the best doctor I've been to in over 20 years. He is personable and warm yet knowledgeable. I highly recommend him.
Dec 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
Trustworthy physician. Provides compassionate understanding and caring support. Benevolent and kindhearted. Thoughtfully higher minded. Enjoyable sessions. Gained confidence and belief in myself. Office is comforting and staff is excellent. Recommended to all of my family and they share the same impression. I am blessed to be in the care of such a delightful practitioner of emotional healing.
Jul 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
I'm shocked Dr Manov has any decent reviews because my experience with him has been horrible. I've dreaded every appointment I have made with him, which is probably a sign that I should have switched psychiatrists a long time ago. He has been insensitive and rude about very delicate personal issues that I've expressed with him numerous times. It got to a point where I stopped bringing anything up because he would just make me feel awful about it. I would just go for the RX refills. I'm not sure if he is just very forgetful even after dozens of appts, or if he is really just rude and arrogant? I don't expect him to remember every detail about my life, but it would be nice if he would at least review his notes every once in awhile. It's hard to share mental health issues to someone who is so imperceptive, inconsiderate, and thoughtless. If you just need someone to write an RX, he's as good as anyone else. But don't share anything too personal and expect him to even pretend to care.
Jun 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
We have been seeing Dr Manov for over a year, and he has been great with my kids, after our pediatrician was out of resources. Mental health medication has been a rough road for our family, and I am so glad that Dr Manov takes the time to listen to our verbal (and my non-verbal sometimes) feedback. The first appointment was of course longer to get the complete background and to make sure everything was recorded. Follow ups are quicker, but still very efficient for medication changes if needed. His staff has been very helpful when we had to rearrange schedules and when we needed an extra refill because of bad planning on my part. Very accommodating. If you are looking for a no-nonsense, well qualified doctor, and if you can be clear about your questions and desired results - he's the one to go to. We have felt well cared for and have recommended him to friends that have asked.
May 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
Have been seeing Dr. Manov for little over a year for Bipolar was doing really well then developed allergies to medication. Dr. Manov worked with me over several months until finding a suitable replacement medication that works.
May 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
If you want superfluous appointments, lots of hand holding, and a soft, melancholic bedside manner—Dr. Manov is not your man! He is efficient, expert, and will not waste your time (like doctors we’ve had before—with 2/week appointments for months on end). He helped my teen immensely and worked around our busy schedules. He accepts almost all Insurance, and we’ve never paid more than a simple $20 Co-pay. Attractive office. Easy access to I-15. And he’s the best and the brightest. Five stars!
Forkster in Pleasant Grove, UT – Dec 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
I have seen doctor Manov two times. The first time the care was top notch and the Bulgarian Dr. spent adequate time asking questions, listening, and personalizing the appointment. The second appointment Dr Manov was rude, did not listen to concerns I was having with the medication he prescribed, and was completely closed minded and in a rush to get on to the next patient. He had the nerve of verbalizing his impatience “saying we need to hurry this up I have other patients waiting.”
Etan in SLC, UT – Aug 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
I honestly don’t know how he has any high reviews. Maybe from people with very simple complaints? He just does not listen well. He thinks he knows best when he really can’t even remember what you’ve ever talked about. Barely remembers my name after 4 visits. He once said to me, you don’t need counseling until after we figure out your medications. What?? Don’t they go hand in hand? Considering he spends 20 minutes represcribing my medications, I don’t think that’s working through my issues much.
American fork, Utah – Jan 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
Dr. Manov believes he is right & everyone else is wrong. He lectures you for having a difference of opinion. This man over medicates. He put our child on 3 different drugs at one time. Our son was asleep most of the time and couldn't concentrate in school. We tried to speak to him about it but no he wouldn't listen. His office staff is as rude as him. We've had problems with Latasha his billing specialist who told us our bill was paid then tried to go back on it. Don't go here!
Apr 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
This man over prescribes medications. He would rather have a doped up child than a functioning one.
Draper, UT – Apr 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
Dr. Manov is very knowledgeable and thorough. I never felt just another number waiting in line. Office staff is very friendly and helpful. Longest I ever waited in office for my appointment was 15 min. Usually a 5 to 10 min wait.
Emily in Pleasant Grove, UT – Mar 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?
I would highly recommend that you do your research before seeing Dr. Manov. He tends to be very rude when you question his opinion even if you have facts to show that you may have some insight. He is quick to diagnose before gathering all the information and tends to have a general lack of knowledge when you try to inquire on alternate possibilities.
American Fork, UT – Feb 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ludmil Manov, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Manov?

2001