Dr. Lucy Dey, MD

Dr. Lucy Dey, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Lucy Dey, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Joliet, IL. She is 58 years old and has been practicing for 35 years.

202 N Hammes Ave Unit C

Joliet, IL 60435

• HAP Insurance
  • HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Dey

See how frequently Dr. Dey performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
Hypoglycemia
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Dr. Dey's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Dey does not have any board certifications listed.

• Abnormal Thyroid
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Diabetes Counseling

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Branch Faculty Of Medicine, University Of Rangoon
    Medical School | Graduated 1982

Dr. Dey has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Dey has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dey to family and friends
2.2
Dr. Dey's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in New Lenox |
Dr. Dey is very knowledgeable, and I feel she took good care of me, but she is always late. Even if I have the first appointment of the day (which I usually do), I wait at least half an hour. The average wait is 45 minutes.
SHE IS AN AWFUL DOCTOR, DO NOT GO TO HER SHE WILL NOT HELP YOU. SHE WILL NOT EXPLAIN TESTS. She told me in the first visit that i would have trouble later having children and left the room sending me to get tests run. I got the results back and she was wrong, everything is normal She had told me that a result was high for one test and refuses to treat the issue making things get worse. I had called to get my medical records faxed to another doctor and was told that i am not able to pick them up.
Morris, IL |
That's all she is concerned with is money!!!!! Dr Dey will NOT take patient phone calls. I had a zero balance but they demanded I pay my "deductible", not my co pay but my yearly deductible!!!!! Seriously, there are better doctors out there and way better office staff! She will only answer a few questions, she herds patients in and out like cattle.
in Shorewood, IL |
Ridiculous. I called to talk to the doctor but instead of asking about my concerns, the receptionist proceeded to tell me first me that I owed them money. I called my insurance and Dr. Dey had already been paid by electronic funds transfer. Then the doctor had the receptionist call me back with a message to stop taking the medication I was on. No blood work, no office visit, nothing. I felt like she didn't care about me because she thought I owed her money. I was very disappointed her.
in Chicago, IL |
If you see her as a diet dr she is very money hungry her staff is not friendly at the Frankfort office rules change each time you go back and her staff that was nice is leaving she charges a ridiculous membership fee of $300 They do lie I talked with my insurance and medicine place all she has to do was a pre approval and they would of paid for my visits and meds. SHE TOLD ME THEY DO NOT DO THAT AND THEY DO WAS COMFIRMED TODAY!!!!! THERE ARE OTHERS OUT WITH BETTER REVIEWS
in Joliet, IL |
Although I have never been a patient, I feel necessary as an immediate family member of one of her patients in leaving this review. Very unorganized and unknowlegeable. She does not follow up with test results she has ordered for her patients and never has answers as to why levels would not be rising when taking medication for extended periods of time. She dismisses any concerns the patient has regarding their health. Save yourself the time and don't bother with this doc who doesn't listen.
in New Lenox il |
I found this doctor online and I regret reading the reviews before seeing her! As soon as I walked in the receptionist was so nice and helped make my check in process a breeze! The other girls were nice as well! I read the reviews that said the office staff was rude which I can't believe. Dr was very informative! I felt like she took her time explaining my hashimoto's disease and helped me better understand it. I highly recommend her and ignore the bad reviews !
in Beecher, IL |
Doctor Dey is very well knowledgeable person as for her staff members. They are very friendly, kind and always made sure I was very well taken care of, I'm always treated with respect and kindness every time I walk into the office. The lead medical assistant is very knowledgeable in her duties as for others can use little more training, but overall the staff is awesome...
in Lockport, IL |
I found Dr. Dey to be thorough, professional and quite caring. In addition, I was anticipating some issues with the office staff based on previous reviews, but the staff that I interacted with could not have been more friendly, compassionate and polite. Overall, I would absolutely recommend Dr. Dey. I don't understand the negative reviews. I have had nothing but pleasant experiences each time I have scheduled or attended appointments. More importantly, Dr. Dey knows what she's doing.
in Joliet illinois |
I have been seeing Dr. Dey for about a year now. She diagnosed my hashimotos thyroiditis & thoroughly explained everything to me. I ended up having to have my thyroid removed but she was with me through the whole thing & always made sure I understood what was going on & answering any questions I had. I've had nothing but good experiences with her & her entire staff. I'm not sure how people can say her staff is rude, they have always been very nice to me & friendly as well.
in New Lenox IL |
Money hungry! Every time I go there it costs me over a hundred dollars and she makes me come back every two months! She got on me that I was using the generic of my prescription and how this contributes to my condition so I need to switch to the name brand which is 30 dollars a month compared to five. The office staff is so rude and unprofessional. The visits last less then five minutes and she is late for all appointments! I'm 5'4 and 130 lbs and she told me to lose four pounds!
Iwent for 2 appointments with this Dr. Once I declined to have test done in her office and opted to have them at the hospital I felt like Dr Dey didn't care about my health. The lack of follow up is beyond ridiculous. The office staff could care less about your complaints. I was told to get blood work and an ultrasound done. I waited 2 weeks no call back. I called 2x no call back. I never got any clarification on tests I supposedly needed done. I truly feel this Dr only cares about her wallet.
in Manhattan |
The office is terribly disorganized. My test results were not in my file when Dr. arrived in the room and she could not find the complete results after leaving the exam room to try to find them. When they called to verify the second appointment, they told me a different time than what I had scheduled a day earlier. They said they could look to see if there was another day that had the first appointment time. Again, terrible organization. First visit was $475!!! for less than 10 minutes.
in New Lenox, IL |
I can't say anything good, I was taught not to say anything at all.
Minneapolis, MN |
She is more reactive than proactive. Always states lets just keep an eye on it....see you in 3 months. Doesn't explain her rationale at all. Reviews your labs quickly and is out the door. Doesn't ask any questions about your current health or concerns. I've called requesting a call back from either Dr. Dey or the nurse and no one has ever called me back. Staff is quite rude. She always has someone in the room with her ordering your labs. The entire appointment takes 5 minutes, tops.
in Custer park, Il |
She doesn't keep her appt.'s and they don't call. Arrogant staff & doctor. Unprofessional service & a rude attitude.
When I first went to see her she was friendly and nice. Her staff is rude and ignorant. They have no people skills. After seeing Dr. Dey for two years she gave me the option of radiation or surgery. She had little to zero information on either procedure. When I chose surgery she was very unhappy and made rude remarks to my husband about how he should be helping more around the house. So I decided to go to another doctor that was knowledgeable on the thyroid. Her people/verbal skills are poor.
in Lockport, IL |
I liked 1st time I saw her. She said we would deal with my other issues once I was done with RAI. Well I f-up with her & was told that I needed to f-up in 3 months. Did not take much time to cover my results & explain what it meant if the level of on blood test didn't come down. When asking about my symptoms, felt ignored. In my mind if there is anything we can do to help me feel better now, why not check it now. Have called her office 3xs this week, 1 return phone call. Feel ignored. Switching
Olympia Fields, IL |
DO NOT use Dr. Dey. The staff is rude, every time they call to confirm appointment the 1st thing they state is the enormous check you are REQUIRED to write BEFORE Dr. Dey will see you. My last appt I did not have the $250 even though they bill my insurance I asked could they bill me the balance and the appt was CANCELLED....yes cancelled. The girl stated they do not bill the patients nor can a patient talk to Dr. Dey. Dr. Dey cares only about your money not you...she is an awwwwful doctor!
Have you seen Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
Are you Dr. Dey?