Dr. Lucy Dey, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & MetabolismFemaleAge 63

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Lucy Dey, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Frankfort, IL and has over 40 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Dey has extensive experience in Osteoporosis & Screening, Thyroid Disorders, and Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring. She graduated from Branch Faculty of Medicine, University of Rangoon medical school in 1982. She is affiliated with medical facilities AMITA Health Saint Joseph Medical Center Joliet and Silver Cross Hospital. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Lucy Dey, MD

Family Wellness & Healthcare LLC

10289 W Lincoln Hwy Frankfort, IL 60423 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Dey is affiliated with Silver Cross Hospital New Lenox, a highly rated hospital.

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

1 malpractice claim Found
  • Settlement (12/19/2017)View details

Frequently Treated by Dr. Dey

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Dey treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Dey treats other conditions, please contact the office at (815) 714-2240.

Osteoporosis & Screening

Osteoporosis specialists diagnose and treat conditions characterized by low bone density and bone weakness, such as osteoporosis and osteopenia.Compare with other Osteoporosis & Screening specialists.

Dr. Dey is experienced in the area of Osteoporosis & Screening. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Osteoporosis
Osteopenia

Thyroid Disorders

Thyroid disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the thyroid gland, including hyperparathyroidism, thyroid disease, and thyroid nodules.Compare with other Thyroid Disorders specialists.

Dr. Dey is experienced in the area of Thyroid Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 17 conditions and procedures

Hypothyroidism
Thyroid Goiter
Hyperthyroidism
Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases

Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring

Diabetes specialists manage and treat a range of diabetes-related conditions including type 1 and type 2 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis through procedures such as continuous glucose monitoring and insulin therapy.Compare with other Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring specialists.

Dr. Dey is experienced in the area of Diabetes & Glucose Monitoring. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

Diabetes Type 2
Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
Hypoglycemia
Diabetic Ketoacidosis

Gonadal Endocrine Disorders

Gonadal endocrine disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the reproductive and sex glands, including polycystic ovary syndrome, Turner syndrome, and gynecomastia, most often through hormone replacement therapy.Compare with other Gonadal Endocrine Disorders specialists.

Dr. Dey is experienced in the area of Gonadal Endocrine Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures

• Lipedema
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Lipoprotein Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Oral Glucose Tolerance Test
  • VAP Lipid Testing
  • Vitamin D Deficiency
  • Water Deprivation Test

Dr. Dey accepts

Dr. Dey accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dey

2.1

1.0204081632653061%

Never to blame.
Have gone to her for several years, in my opinion she is in practice for the almighty dollar. Did labs and ultrasounds, biopsy which luckily came back negative. Besides doing tests she did not guide me how to treat my Hashimoto. When She asked how I was doing, I replied that I felt my tiredness was becoming an issue, she just stated my “ numbers” were good and the topic was dropped. At my last Ultrasound she said my thyroid had gotten very large and stated I needed surgery. No explanation, just go see this surgeon, only gave me his last name. I requested his full name and his card. Did not have card. I felt she just threw me to the wind. She has had staffing issues for years, and if I ever had any issues, the problem was always a problem with the staff. Obviously I am going to a new endocrinologist that has been recommended by my PCP.
Apr 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
I saw doctors at Loyola for 20 years related to thyroid nodules & hyperthyroidism. I live one mile from Silver Cross, so decided to move over to Silver Cross for convenience. What a mistake. Dr Dey is one of the reasons for this statement. She never did a physical exam of my thyroid, which used to happen every time I saw a doc at Loyola. She apparently feels that making a patient wait 3 weeks to get test results is okay, and her office staff is literally a joke. I will not be continuing my care with Dr Dey. Some brave folks make be okay with seeing a doctor that has 63 one star reviews out of 97, I just wish that I had looked at the reviews before making the appt. instead of following the recommendation of my primary physician. Perhaps I should question whether the primary needs to be replaced, she also referred me to a gynecologist with mostly 1 star reviews at Silver Cross. Thankfully I looked at those reviews before making an appt.
Aug 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
Always go with your gut...we didn't. Knew she had bad reviews but decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. One of the worst decisions ever! Terrible appointment. Went in for diabetes...didn't look at feet even after complaining about pain - "I don't do pain" she said. Very demeaning toward patient...didn't tell us anything we didn't hear from our primary doctor and she is supposed to be the specialist. Charged us up front when it was not necessary, but wouldn't see us without paying first. Don't go to this doctor. You'll regret it!
Feb 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
Nope. Terrible experience with my mom several years ago. Told her she was a "little bit hypo thyroid"....and that she was old. Wrote her off. How is this woman still getting patients? Awful.
Maria B – Nov 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
When needing to talk to the doctor you have to go through Stephanie who in turn talks to the dr and calls you back. Even for an emergency. Also she has charged Medicare for an office call even though she never talked to me. I feel as though she not only drove me away as a patient but also is scamming Medicare.
Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
I took my daughter to her because our primary care doctor recommend her. We were there for my daughter high cholesterol. All she did was give us a booklet on maintaining blood sugar and asked if we knew how to read nutrition labels on food packages. Her advice on what foods to eat and not eat was horrible. Didn't same much about exercising just keep moving.
k – Jun 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
Do NOT go to Dr. Dey if you have hypothyroid. She put me on synthetic thyroid medicine, rather than increasing my natural thyroid medicine, and made me take both. My hair fell out and I was balding as a result, but she said it was an Auto Immune issue. My thyroid numbers were teetering between barely normal and below normal. She would not talk to me about my diet, but told me I should go to her Nutrition and Diet clinic, which insurance does not cover. She is AWFUL!!!!!
Feb 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
Dr. Dey is very knowledgeable, and I feel she took good care of me, but she is always late. Even if I have the first appointment of the day (which I usually do), I wait at least half an hour. The average wait is 45 minutes.
Anne in New Lenox – Nov 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
SHE IS AN AWFUL DOCTOR, DO NOT GO TO HER SHE WILL NOT HELP YOU. SHE WILL NOT EXPLAIN TESTS. She told me in the first visit that i would have trouble later having children and left the room sending me to get tests run. I got the results back and she was wrong, everything is normal She had told me that a result was high for one test and refuses to treat the issue making things get worse. I had called to get my medical records faxed to another doctor and was told that i am not able to pick them up.
Sep 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
That's all she is concerned with is money!!!!! Dr Dey will NOT take patient phone calls. I had a zero balance but they demanded I pay my "deductible", not my co pay but my yearly deductible!!!!! Seriously, there are better doctors out there and way better office staff! She will only answer a few questions, she herds patients in and out like cattle.
Morris, IL – Jul 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
Ridiculous. I called to talk to the doctor but instead of asking about my concerns, the receptionist proceeded to tell me first me that I owed them money. I called my insurance and Dr. Dey had already been paid by electronic funds transfer. Then the doctor had the receptionist call me back with a message to stop taking the medication I was on. No blood work, no office visit, nothing. I felt like she didn't care about me because she thought I owed her money. I was very disappointed her.
JM in Shorewood, IL – Apr 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
If you see her as a diet dr she is very money hungry her staff is not friendly at the Frankfort office rules change each time you go back and her staff that was nice is leaving she charges a ridiculous membership fee of $300 They do lie I talked with my insurance and medicine place all she has to do was a pre approval and they would of paid for my visits and meds. SHE TOLD ME THEY DO NOT DO THAT AND THEY DO WAS COMFIRMED TODAY!!!!! THERE ARE OTHERS OUT WITH BETTER REVIEWS
Connie in Chicago, IL – Feb 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
Although I have never been a patient, I feel necessary as an immediate family member of one of her patients in leaving this review. Very unorganized and unknowlegeable. She does not follow up with test results she has ordered for her patients and never has answers as to why levels would not be rising when taking medication for extended periods of time. She dismisses any concerns the patient has regarding their health. Save yourself the time and don't bother with this doc who doesn't listen.
Jen in Joliet, IL – Jul 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
I found this doctor online and I regret reading the reviews before seeing her! As soon as I walked in the receptionist was so nice and helped make my check in process a breeze! The other girls were nice as well! I read the reviews that said the office staff was rude which I can't believe. Dr was very informative! I felt like she took her time explaining my hashimoto's disease and helped me better understand it. I highly recommend her and ignore the bad reviews !
D.C in New Lenox il – Jun 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
Doctor Dey is very well knowledgeable person as for her staff members. They are very friendly, kind and always made sure I was very well taken care of, I'm always treated with respect and kindness every time I walk into the office. The lead medical assistant is very knowledgeable in her duties as for others can use little more training, but overall the staff is awesome...
Bro in Beecher, IL – Jun 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
I found Dr. Dey to be thorough, professional and quite caring. In addition, I was anticipating some issues with the office staff based on previous reviews, but the staff that I interacted with could not have been more friendly, compassionate and polite. Overall, I would absolutely recommend Dr. Dey. I don't understand the negative reviews. I have had nothing but pleasant experiences each time I have scheduled or attended appointments. More importantly, Dr. Dey knows what she's doing.
H in Lockport, IL – Jun 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Dey for about a year now. She diagnosed my hashimotos thyroiditis & thoroughly explained everything to me. I ended up having to have my thyroid removed but she was with me through the whole thing & always made sure I understood what was going on & answering any questions I had. I've had nothing but good experiences with her & her entire staff. I'm not sure how people can say her staff is rude, they have always been very nice to me & friendly as well.
K.G. in Joliet illinois – Apr 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
Money hungry! Every time I go there it costs me over a hundred dollars and she makes me come back every two months! She got on me that I was using the generic of my prescription and how this contributes to my condition so I need to switch to the name brand which is 30 dollars a month compared to five. The office staff is so rude and unprofessional. The visits last less then five minutes and she is late for all appointments! I'm 5'4 and 130 lbs and she told me to lose four pounds!
MW in New Lenox IL – Feb 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
Iwent for 2 appointments with this Dr. Once I declined to have test done in her office and opted to have them at the hospital I felt like Dr Dey didn't care about my health. The lack of follow up is beyond ridiculous. The office staff could care less about your complaints. I was told to get blood work and an ultrasound done. I waited 2 weeks no call back. I called 2x no call back. I never got any clarification on tests I supposedly needed done. I truly feel this Dr only cares about her wallet.
Feb 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?
The office is terribly disorganized. My test results were not in my file when Dr. arrived in the room and she could not find the complete results after leaving the exam room to try to find them. When they called to verify the second appointment, they told me a different time than what I had scheduled a day earlier. They said they could look to see if there was another day that had the first appointment time. Again, terrible organization. First visit was $475!!! for less than 10 minutes.
T in Manhattan – Feb 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lucy Dey, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Dey?