Dr. Lucius Blanchard, MD

Dr. Lucius Blanchard, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Lucius Blanchard, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Las Vegas, NV. He is 75 years old and has been practicing for 49 years. Read his story

4488 S Pecos Rd

Las Vegas, NV 89121

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Blanchard

See how frequently Dr. Blanchard performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Excision of Skin Cancer
Cancer
Actinic Keratosis

Dr. Blanchard's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Blanchard's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Blanchard "Luke Blanchard, M.D., graduated from the University of North Carolina, School of Medicine in 1968. He completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the Medical College of Georgia. Following service in the U.S. Army, he became Chief Medical Resident at the University of Louisville Kentucky, and remained there for his residency in Dermatology. He completed a post-graduate fellowship in Mohs Skin Cancer Micrographic Surgery at the University of Wisconsin with Dr. Frederic Mohs. Dr. Blanchard is board certified in Internal Medicine and Dermatology, and is a fellow in the American College of Mohs Micrographic Surgery. He is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and is active in other professional organizations and civic clubs. Dr. Blanchard is on the faculty of the University of Nevada, School of Medicine, and the University Medical"

• Dermatology

• Allergic Reaction
  • Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Radiation Therapy
  • Restylane® Injections
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Tag Removal

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• University Of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, School Of Medicine
  • Med College Of Georgia
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1970
  • University Wisc
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1978

Dr. Blanchard has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member
  • American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Member

Dr. Blanchard's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Blanchard to family and friends
2.4
Dr. Blanchard's Performance
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Blanchard is the best!!! Highly recommend him...
Robert, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! Have a great day.
Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Blanchard was extremely professional and very well educated. Felt very comfortable and at ease leaving with all the answers provided to my questions. Was in and out of the office in about 20 minutes! Great service!!
Las Vegas, NV |
Dr Blachard was running behind schedule, but the wait wasn't too long so I didn't mind. He went right to my issues and I walked out pleased with my visit.
Henderson, NV |
Dr. Blanchard was very professional and the exam went nicely. He answered questions I had in a very professional way. He is very knowledgeable in his field.
in Las Vegas, Nevada |
I was originally seeing Dr Paulson, however, he moved away and I was placed with Dr Blanchard. I've also seen the reviews about his bedside manner and was a little worried. True he doesn't have the best bedside manner, however, he knows what he's doing and that's what matters to me the most. He noticed a mark on my skin before I could even tell him. He immediately did a biopsy and ended up being skin cancer. He will now be permforming the MOHS surgery in a few weeks. I'm confident in his work
Las Vegas, NV |
worst doctor I've ever been. very unhappy with my visit I waited for 3 months. did not even bother to examine my acne and when I asked to order test, he refused and stated that my primary Dr. had to order them, so why did my primary Dr. referred me to a dermatologist?..... waste of time......
Hello Anonymous, we're sorry that there may have been confusions with the tests available to you during your visit. We will use your information to improve our patient experience, thank you!
Las Vegas, NV |
Worst doctor ever, needs to retire and learn to treat patients with respect. Doesn't care about the patient or their health or skin, doesn't listen, let alone allow you to even speak. No empathy, no bedside manner & to be frank, just plain rude. Very condescending & judgemental. Doesn't bother to look at the skin, but a glance, let alone touch it. Dermatologist not even touching skin or examining it in anyway-don't waste your time scheduling w/this dr. unless you need a round of antibiotics.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr Blanchard didn't even know that you could test for sweating issues with a starch test. He had me call my neurologist to see what test to perform. Needless to say, I left the office, and won't be going back to this doctor.
Hello Michael, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a positive experience, but we will take your information to better improve our patient experience, thank you.
Las Vegas |
Had a 3 o'clock appointment. Took 2 buses to get there. Was told by nasty receptionist that he spent allot of time with the previous patient, and he had an appointment. Receptionist said I 'd need to reschedule. I would not recommend this guy to my worst enemy
in Las Vegas, NV |
I don't know who this doctor thinks he is but it sounds like not only me but treats everybody else horribly . This doctor is very rude maybe he needs to retire . He does not even deserve one star
in Las Vegas, NV |
excellent surgeon and very knowledgeable
in Las Vegas, NV |
I think he may have forgotten to sterilize/swab one of the cancers he removed. His bedside manner is the worst I have ever experienced. I had 5 areas treated the second time I was there - did not take very long but he DID NOT SPEAK TO ME the entire time. He talked to the assistant - period. I was referred by GP. I let them Blanchard's office know when I left that I would not be back and was still unhappy when I got home so called my GP and let them know as well.
in North Las Vegas, NV |
Would never recommend Dr.Blanchard.His bedside manner is what gives doctors their bad reputation. He was pompous and condescending speaking to his assistants and ignoring me not to mention his gruff examination. He misdiagnosed me with malignant skin cancer before any biopsy was done and directed the information to the technician,not me, that I overheard because he was standing right in front of me.
Las Vegas, NV |
Been a patient for many years. always very satisfied with treatment.
in Las Vegas, NV |
My experience w Dr. Blanchard & LVSCC staff were exceptionally terrible. I don't think Blanchard ever came to a full stop in and out of the office the number of times we met. I was nervous to start accutane & asked for a brief rundown of expectations. He answered literally none of my questions. After a few unhelpful/rushed appointments, I completed all extensive paperwork required & staff lost it ALL. I have never death with such an inefficient/uncaring staff. Avoid, save your time & copays.
in Las Vegas, NV |
These doctors, the entire group, are scum. They have contracted with the Medicare Advantage plans and treat the patients like they are the enemy. My mom had a severe lesion and Dr. Blanchard, after HIS staff, made an appointment with him, told her he didn't see Medicare Advantage patients and walked out of the exam room. His physician assistant came in and did the biopsy. A week later we learned she had cancer and we canceled her Medicare Advantage plan and took her to a private dermatologist.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr Blanchard did a Mohs procedure on a basal cell lesion I have had for far too long. He was swift and quick and thorough with the removal of the lesion. He explained to me what to expect as far as follow up and scarring. He asked me personal questions while he worked to take my mind off the digging/scraping he was doing. I liked him. He was very good. He got it in one shot. Did not have to go back to remove more after the initial removal (google mohs procedure to understand more)
in Henderson, NV |
This is a busy office run by a competent, efficient staff. It is a paperless office; the usual repetitive forms have been replaced by a user-friendly computer system. Dr. Blanchard is polite, knowledgeable, and took the time to give me a more thorough examination than I expected . He solved my problems in one visit, and said there is no reason to even have a follow-up, that most doctors would have required, usually seemingly to pad their bill. This office is top notch and professional.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Had skin cancer remover from my right ear. Very pleased with the DR. and his staff
TERRIABLE,TERRIABLE Doctor
in Las Vegas, NV |
Worse Doctor i have ever seen in my life, his bed side manners are terrible,went there for an appointment , waited an hour and 15 minutes, saw him for 1 minute and 14 seconds , there was blood on the bad, i had a discoloration on my butt , no privacy at all ,he told me to strip which made me very very uncomfrtable, he was rushing to get out of the room i thought he might come back but never did, left his office with a million questions in my head, it was just a waste of time and money.
Have you seen Dr. Lucius Blanchard, MD?

Visit Dr. Blanchard