Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Female
Dr. Lucia Gilling, MD
Dr. Lucia Gilling, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Wesley Chapel, FL. She has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Gilling is affiliated with Florida Hospital Tampa.

2252 Twelve Oaks Way

Wesley Chapel, FL 33544

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Gilling

Website: http://drluciagilling.com

Dr. Gilling's Experience

Dr. Gilling's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Tulane University Of Louisiana
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Tulane University Of Louisiana
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Gilling has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gilling does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gilling and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gilling's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gilling to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Gilling's Performance
in Tampa, FL |
I saw Dr. Gilling she was very thorough and knowledgeable. I am very happy with this visit.
Lutz, FL |
Dr. Gilling constantly pushes patients off to her PA but charges for a regular doctor visit. If I am paying for a doctor visit, I'd like to see a doctor (like someone who went to med school), especially when I only see my "doctor" once a year. The front desk people are HORRIBLE! A PA is NOT a doctor, sorry.
Lutz, FL |
Dr. Gilling regularly refuses to allow her patients to see her, rather, she routinely passes us on to her PA who as I was told "has all the qualifications of Dr. Gilling but just doesn't didn't go to medical school and chose to stay home and have a family" WHAT????!!!! I was to be newly diagnosed and to treated for diabetes by a PA. I was not comfortable with that at all. If you don't mind being treated by an unqualified assistant to the physician, book your "Doctor's" appointment now.
in wesley chapel, fl |
Lousy patient support- no one answers the phone or return voice mail. They forget to provide patient with necessary lab request until the 11th hour
in Land O Lakes |
Awesome doc.Spends time with her patients, explains findings and actually listens to her patients concerns.
in wesley chapel fl |
Dr. Gilling was excellent but I only saw her once (the second visit was with an ARNP) The office staff was not helpful at all and I had to return to my previous endo who is an hour away for treatment but at least I was able to get my labs and be treated for the symptoms that I had. In the meantime I experienced other complications because the staff would was not receptive to my concerns.
in Zephyrhills, FL |
Dr. Gilling and her associate Joanna P. Gonzalez, PA-C may have saved my life. During scheduled office visit things started going wrong. Dr. Gilling ordered an ambulance transport me to Florida Hospital at Wesley Chapel. The Paramedics disagreed with her decision, and were quite vocal about it. Upon arriving at the ER my heart was thoroughly checked, blood pressure monitored, blood work and more blood work. This was not going well. Had I refused the ambulance I would have shown no confidence.
in Brandon, FL |
I met with Dr. Gilling today for the first time and she was by far the most attentive and considerate Dr. I've ever met. She was truly listening to everything that I said and made me feel extremely comfortable. She may not be able to treat for my condition but I have confidence that she will try to get me on the right track with the right specialty. She is very personable, knowledgeable and most of all - honest. Great physician!
Absolutely refused to even try to treat me for a chronic worsening condition I've had my entire life. Did not look at the more than abundant research I've spent years doing. Have been misdiagnosed for at least 17 years and this, once again, is yet another highly regarded specialist who after listening to 30 years of worsening and bizarre symptoms of a certain particular condition, flat out refused to treat me. Should instead spend all my time and money being tested on. Not recommended.
in Florida State, FL |
Not as knowledable as we had hoped. My husband was in search of a new Endocrinologist. He has Hashimoto's and a large nodule. Dr. Gilling wasn't listening, she went too fast, wouldn't look at me when I asked her a question. We have done a lot of research regarding his condition, and have educated ourselves quit a bit. She made us feel as if we knew nothing at all. Also since my husband shows signs of adrenal fatique, we asked about getting tested. The doctor didn't feel the need. Not Happy
The Dr. from ym experience is another endocrinologist who treats by lab numbers rather then by symptoms as well as all as one instead of individually. When I mentioned a lot of my symptoms she seemed puzzled as to why I am having them even though my lab numbers are normal. I don't understand what these doctors get taught, but I highly suggest them to read the book Stop the Thyroid Madness 2 which is written by a team of doctors and provides the information that they should be going by.
in Tampa |
Dr Gilling is one of the most brilliant physicians around. She knows her stuff! She has literally given me my life back. It is obvious that she loves endocrine medicine and that she finds pleasure knowing that the she helps her patients. I highly recommend Dt.Gilling.
Have you seen Dr. Lucia Gilling, MD?
Are you Dr. Gilling?