Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD

Dr. Ahmad
Telehealth services available

Endocrine Clinic

7010 Smoke Ranch Rd Las Vegas, NV 89128

Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Las Vegas, NV and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Ahmad has more experience with Diabetes and Thyroid Disorders than other specialists in her area. She graduated from Dow Medical College, Dow University Of Health Sciences medical school in 1990. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as Summerlin Hospital Medical Center and Sunrise Hospital And Medical Center. She has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ahmad to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in your area

See similar Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in Las Vegas

Dr. Ahmad accepts

Dr. Ahmad accepts the following insurance:

Balanced Choice-NV PPO
Coventry Health Care
Medicaid
Principal Financial Group
WellPoint

No malpractice claims found for Nevada

Diabetes

Diabetes specialists manage and treat a range of diabetes-related conditions including type 1 and type 2 diabetes and diabetic ketoacidosis through procedures such as continuous glucose monitoring and insulin therapy.Compare with other Diabetes specialists.

Typically treats 77% more than their peers

Dr. Ahmad performs Continuous Glucose Monitoring more than 91% of their peers

Dr. Ahmad performs this procedure more than 91% of their peers

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
high

Dr. Ahmad treats Diabetes With Renal Manifestations more than 85% of their peers

Dr. Ahmad treats this condition more than 85% of their peers

Thyroid Disorders

Thyroid disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the thyroid gland, including hyperparathyroidism, thyroid disease, and thyroid nodules.Compare with other Thyroid Disorders specialists.

Typically treats 64% more than their peers

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

3.1

6.2015503875969%
40.310077519379846%

Dr. Ahmad?
I have never, in my 70 years and many states as well as a few other countries, been treated so disparagingly. I will not return. And after seeing all the apparently unsuccessful diabetics in her waiting room, I think it’s a very good decision.
Oct 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?
I went to Dr Ahmad a few years ago, office staff was very nice and pleasant. She was not, put me on a medication when I had side effects I told her. She assure me it wasnt the new medication, told me it was all in my head. Come to find out it was the medication, she is rude and not a very nice doctor to deal with.
Apr 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?
I have seen Dr Ahmad for 22 years . She saved my life when she diagnosed my rare disease. I spent two years going from doctor to doctor and still being ill, my health deteriorating. Many of the reviews here are very unfair. In fact in recent times the in-office waits are shorter and shorter . She takes time to listen and evaluate each patient , I’ll wait an hour for her care anytime . She is a lovely, kind and careful physician . Her office staff is good as well . I will always recommend her .
Mar 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?
Dr. Lubna truly deserves the lowest of low ratings. I have never come across a doctor that gets so irritated at doing her job. Every question asked seemed as an inconvenience to her. How is it that a MD student gives better service than the actual doctor? I mean if it bothers you to help patients who are coming to you for care, WHY BE A DOCTOR? Will never come back or EVER recommend her.
Eliza in Las Vegas NV – Sep 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?
Yes the wait is long... it’s posted in the rooms and the new patient letter you receive. So that is NO secret. I have been a patient of Dr. Ahmad for over 6 years. Came to her with all my medical records (as you should with any new physician), she reviewed them with me and gave me an honest &professional evaluation. Informed me that my doctors misdiagnosed me and took my off my thyroid medicine.I have never felt sooo much better. Seeing her was the best thing I could have done.the Staff is great
Jason Tully in Las Vegas, NV – Dec 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?
My husband was discharged, the hospital recommended /scheduled an appt with this dr. He waited more than 1 hour for the dr to see him... once she did, she told him the discharge papers and prescription info was not enough. She told him they request his medical records and made an appt for 2 weeks later. He returned on time for 2nd appt and was left waiting for 1,5 hours- then an asst came and asked if he brought his records??? This cost 2 co-pays of $50 each and the staff was very rude.
Venus in Las Vegas – Nov 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?
The worst I have ever seen & I’ve seen many! Didn’t enter room until 3 hours after appointment time! She has a sign in her office that says most patients wait 3 hours. She has a speech she gives & then wants to be done. No questions, no clarification. Her recommendations to me are based on misinformation and could have actually made me sicker. I wish I had read the reviews here on Health Grades website first because she is exactly as bad as they say!
Las Vegas, NV – Nov 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?
Disrespectful stuck up doctor . Doesn't care about the patients . I was seeing her over 3 years once a year and finally had enough . Wouldn't recommend to anyone.
elena in las vegas nevada – Oct 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?
I give her 5 stars!! She is a professional doctor! She is a compassionate and intelligent physician. She reviews my test results with me in detail and answers all my questions.
Paige Stark in Las Vegas, NV – Sep 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?
one of the best doctors in vegas!! helped me lose weight and get my blood sugars undercontrol !
rene c. in Las Vegas, NV – Sep 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?
Called to schedule an appointment. Office staff is rude and do not care. TERRIBLE!!!! It is extremely sad because even if she is a excellent doctor her staff is a reflection of her business.
Las Vegas, NV – May 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?
The worse dr in town !! Staff is very rude and her she is very very bad Dr , she thinks she is better then other people.
Gri in Las Vegas, NV – Apr 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?
In regards to the staff - very rude on the phone as if I should feel lucky the Dr. would even make an appointment with me. On the appointment, there was the 3 different times I was asked the same questions by different staff members, then the Dr. obviously didn't read anything and asked the same questions. I tried to ask a question but the Dr. would not allow me to until she spit out her agenda. I don't want to be saddled with this group who are arrogant and place no value on anyone's time.
Las Vegas, NV – Apr 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?
I have been seeing Her for years now and I trust her knowledge and I know she cares. I was referred to her by a friend that is also sees her. I was started on thyroid for symptoms I was having. Then referred to a endocrinologist The 1st one I saw told me my thyroid was on the low end of normal and I would take thyroid. Now 2 yrs later feeling worse I see Dr Ahmad she does blood test and review records. She finds out it wasn't my thyroid and finds out It was my anemia causing me to be sick.
Sean in Las Vegas, NV – Jan 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?
I wouldn't send my worst enemy here! I waited 1 hour in the waiting room, spent 45 minutes with the nurse, and 15 minutes with the Doctor. They ask the same questions. Dr. Ahmad is very rude, condescending, and narcissistic. I was lectured for the entire 15 mins & talked to like I was 2. I was told my life choices are why I'm sick & now I must learn to live with it. Ok Mother Theresa - don't think so! Do yourself a favor and go see ANYONE else but HER!
Lady you were mean to in Las Vegas, NV – Jan 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?
We have yet to see Dr. Ahmad and we are already being disrespected by the Receptionist Roxanne. They first called to set appt on 11/22 and stated they would mail some forms to us. Never Received. I called today to confirm appt for tomorrow and Roxanne stated you should have confirmed a week ago not today. I believed its her job to call patients to verify and confirm appts. she also stated that on Tuesdays they do not take new patients, so then why was an appt set? continue on next survey......
Valerie in Las Vegas, NV – Dec 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?
I ended up walking out of my first appointment. I filled out all of their paperwork regarding my medical history prior to coming in, then the nurse spent a solid half an hour asking all the same questions again in the exam room. Instead of entering the answers directly into the computer, they write it down on paper and make you wait while they transfer it into the computer. Two hours later I saw Dr. Ahmad and she was arrogant and did not hear a word I said. Not the doctor for me.
Tami Z in Las Vegas – Nov 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?
I get there early sit and wait in the room for 2 hours 45 min. Finally the doctor comes in and doesn't give me (her current waiting patient) her full attention but proceeds to talk to her assistant about a previous patient. The assistants were kind and caring but the doctor was cold and qickly left again and I waited another 15 minutes to see her again. The front receptionist, Roxanna was very rude. When I had questions about my blood work she wouldn't clarify just repeated herself.
Len in Las Vegas, Nevada – Oct 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?
I went to Dr. Ahmed on 10/24/ 24/2016. I can say this was the worst experience I ever had at a doctor's office. From the start of my visit she was rude and condescending. She verbally attacked me about the different medications I am taking (per my primary physician) and at one point mocked me in front of students because my hands were shaking. She is an awful doctor. I left in shock at the way I was treated!!!! I also waited 3 hours after my scheduled appointment time to be seen.
Rose in Las Vegas, Nevada – Oct 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?
1 star for communication, 2 stars for resume. 3 appointments and no diagnosis or treatment plan. She required me to stop all previously prescribed meds for 4 weeks before coming back. Condescending to me and not open to any questions or input. Obviously patient relationship is not important to Dr. Ahmad
Ellen Brown in Las Vegas – Oct 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lubna Ahmad, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ahmad?

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism