Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM

Dr. Weil
Telehealth services available

Weil Foot & Ankle Institute

1660 Feehanville Dr Ste 100 Mount Prospect, IL 60056

Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM is a Podiatry Specialist in Mount Prospect, IL. He is affiliated with medical facilities Highland Park Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Weil to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

• Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Weil accepts

Dr. Weil accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthLink PPO
Preferred PPO
Priority Health
Priority PPO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Weil's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Weil's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Weil

4.0

Dr. Weil?
  • Appointment scheduling (21)
  • Staff friendliness (21)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (20)
  • Long wait times (15)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (9)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (9)
"Dislocated Toe Joints Became Nicely Straight Ones!!!" by the hands of Dr. Lowell S. Weil Jr. Three toe joints of my right foot became dislocated gradually over the past five years due to severe rheumatoid arthritis. I suffered great pain while walking every day with all kinds of shoes. When I went to see Dr. Weil Jr., he was very patient to explain what would be the best solution for my foot. With his professional skills, He fused my big toe to provide the needed support and corrected my bunion, and he restored my three dislocated toe joints as well as repaired the planter plate. My foot was transformed into a perfectly straight shape and no pain in walking anymore. After this complicated surgery, I followed all his instructions and my foot recovered tremendously well and fast which was beyond my expectations. I sincerely recommend anyone who has foot & ankle problems to go to Dr. Weil Jr. He is an excellent surgeon and will do a fantastic job for you!!!
Ling-Chao Kolbe – Sep 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?
I have had an excellent experience with my bunion surgery. Dr. Weil explained options very clearly. My surgery went exceptionally well with no complications. I felt completely supported throughout the surgery and recovery. I have already recommended Dr. Weil to two potential patients and I would not hesitate recommending Dr. Weil and Weil Foot and Ankle to anyone for any foot and ankle issues. I trust them with my feet and ankles anytime. My foot now feels great and looks fantastic. Thanks Dr. Weil and Weil Foot and Ankle!
Aug 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?
There aren’t enough words to describe how I feel about Dr Weil Jr. He truly is my favorite doctor and he literally goes above and beyond to make sure you are doing well. I had major foot surgery 6 years ago, couldn’t even touch my foot without excruciating pain. Dr Weil Jr took the time to try and heal without jumping straight to surgery. When these options didn’t seem to work, we then discussed in detail what surgery would accomplish. Because I felt so comfortable and I trust him, I went forward with it. He was with me through the ENTIRE process, checking on me and really invested in my healing. Best decision I ever made!! Had it June 5, and by August 24 I was walking down the aisle to get married!! Incredible! Fast forward to a week ago, Dr Weil Jr just removed a Morton’s Neuroma from my foot and today I’m walking in my regular gym shoe! He truly is THE MAN!! I would always recommend him, hands down! Thank you so much for giving life back to my feet!!
Shauna Pissetzky – Jul 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?
BEWARE: Two bunion surgeries performed by his father, Weil Sr., at their previous Des Plaines location left me with horribly deformed big toe on my right foot and severely crooked little toes on my left foot. Both of my feet now need corrective surgeries, again, just to fix Weil's botched work. They had their podiatry intern student "team" all crammed right inside the surgical suite during my surgeries, which I NEVER authorized. Despite my request, they insisted upon doing my left & right bunion surgeries separately - "for my own good" he said. I now realize his insistence for separate surgeries was to double his surgery fees, double his surgical suite fees, double his anesthesiologist fees, double bill my insurance company and double my OOP costs. Based on Weil's claims to being an "Award Winning" podiatrist, I honestly thought he was the best choice, but I was SO WRONG! STAY AWAY!
Jun 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?
Dr Weil performed surgery on my foot to repair 2 fractured bones and to remove a piece of bone that was floating around and causing me severe pain. This surgery has changed my life as I can walk again without pain. Recommended by 3 of my family members who have been patients for years and I would highly recommend him to anyone.
John Garrity – Feb 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?
Dr. Weil is the consummate professional. He is thorough and explains everything to you. The highest pre-surgical and post-surgical care was provided.
Sandra Gordon – Dec 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?
Last year, I had both bunions removed by Dr. Weil Jr. who was absolutely incredible. I initially found Dr. Weil Jr. based on his positive online reviews that emphasized his success rate with removing both bunions at the same time with minimal discomfort. I was never in any pain and went back to work in gym shoes approximately two weeks after the procedure. I am very happy with the results!
Dec 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?
$1500 and multiple appointments and continued knee pain. so far a waste of time and money. the trainer at the high school put inserts in for $40 and the pain was gone. Can you hire the high school trainer?
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
no results so far – Nov 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?
If you are looking for a Top notch doctor who will address your needs in a very professional and kind manner, Dr. Weil is the doctor you need. Follow his instructions and you will be walking better than ever. He clearly and patiently explains your situation, the method to address it, and then gets the job done. Surgery was a breeze - really! All the instructions in advance, on the day of surgery, and the surgery itself were easy to follow. He answers all questions and takes time with you. You are never rushed. The entire team is dedicated to helping you get the care you need from start to finish. The beautiful new office in Mount Prospect is simple to get to and there is plenty of parking - especially handicap parking which is critical when you return for your first post-surgery appointment. Dr. Weil’ s instructions to physical therapists are very detailed and were important in the development of my recovery program. I highly recommend Dr. Weil for your foot and ankle needs.
Kathy M. – Nov 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?
Before my last appointment on 8/26 I was scared to do much activity due to the constant pain in my toe. I know it wasn’t serious pain but it was always there as a constant reminder of a prior procedure I had elsewhere. I was so afraid of doing further damage and being out of work again. Since that last visit my life has drastically improved. I’m not sure exactly what you said or how you said it, but I heard you and followed your advice. I’ve been working out daily now and even doing jumping jacks. My toe is still a little swollen but I don’t even think about it now. There is no more pain and It feels like I went to a hypnotist. Thank you so much for helping me through this experience. You listened to my concerns and that advice you gave me helped me immensely. Thank you so much for all your help. I greatly appreciate it!
Michael Christian in Chicago, IL – Sep 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?
The Weil Foot and Ankle Institute came highly recommended when my foot pain became too much. Dr. Weil, Jr recommended a bone fusion procedure to fit my needs. The surgery, healing process, and outcome were outstanding. I used to have constant pain. Now, the pain is gone and have full use of my feet again for an active lifestyle.
Scott Freymark – Jul 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?
I finally understand why everyone told me to see an orthopedic surgeon and not a podiatrist. stay away
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?
EXELENT.. EXPLAIN EVERY THING WHIT KNOWLEGDLE AND COMFORT SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND.. VERY VERY HAPPY
Apr 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?
I was in good hands with Dr. Weil Jr. at Weil Foot & Ankle Institute. I felt confident in Dr. Weil Jr.'s knowledge and skill in his ability to preform my bunion surgery. Everything went smoothly and as expected. Thank you Dr. Weil Jr.!
Mar 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?
Dr. Weil is very respectful and considerite to his patients. Dr. Weil is always prompt in his appointment time. His care and attention to detail was noted at each appointment. My bunion surgery went extremely well with postive outcomes and recovery time faster than my first opinion. I highly recommended his office.
Mar 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?
Dr. Lowell Weil Jr is outstanding! He is very professional & at the same time is friendly & engaging. His staff is excellent, courteous & supportive. I just had my 6 mos. follow up with Dr. Weil. My foot has healed perfectly. I can wear shoes now with no pain. Julia the physical therapist at the Des Plaines location was fantastic and I felt so well taken care of. I highly recommend Dr. Weil Jr.
Jodi Koplin in Riverwoods, IL – Oct 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?
I saw doctor Lowell Weil Jr. in July 2018 for ball a foot pain after consecutive treatment failed. I am a long distance runner. After exam we agreed surgery was my best option. Being a runner I was scared but Dr Wiel Jr answered all my questions. I had the surgery on 08-02-18 for torn planter plate with osteotomy. My recovery has been amazing and exceeded my expectations. Dr. Weil Jr and his staff are amazing. Dr Weil Jr is not only one of the best he is the best surgeon. I highly recommend
Lou A – Oct 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?
Dr. Weil is a true professional. He completed bunion surgery on both feet with amazing results. No pain after surgery! He is clear and concise with the instructions for both pre-op and post-op. Patients need to follow instructions to the letter to obtain optimum results. Dr. Weil treats his patients with respect and dignity as does the Staff. Couldn't have asked for a better result. Have referred two friends and both have had excellent experiences as well. Thank you Dr. Weil.
Nancy in Arlington Heights – May 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?
Dr. Weil Jr has been my podiatrist for over 10 years. He is very personable, caring and an excellent doctor. I would highly recommend him to everyone. Over the course of several years, he has performed a tarsal tunnel release on both of my feet and I am so grateful to have him as my surgeon. I am completely out of pain and am able to do all the things I want to do. I am so blessed to have him as my doctor.
Maureen in Lake Forest, IL – Mar 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?
Dr. Weil is honest, compassionate, expert on his field and has great bedside manners. I am grateful not only to him, but his team in physical therapy, anesthesia and surgery prep. Dr. Weil, is one of the most qualified physicians I have ever encountered in my life. THANK YOU! for giving me back my lifestyle.
Mar 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lowell Weil, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Weil?

I treat each patient as an individual and take the time and effort necessary to understand each individuals problems and needs.  I think of myself as a medical detective, trying to find the solutions that other doctors may not be able to disting...Read more

• Podiatry