Dr. Lourdes Bosquez, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry •  Female • Age 59

Dr. Bosquez

Lourdes R Bosquez MD

9006 Forest Xing Ste C The Woodlands, TX 77381

Dr. Lourdes Bosquez, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in The Woodlands, TX and has been practicing for 23 years. She graduated from Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon in 1987 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry and psychiatry.

• Hospital satisfaction Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals
  • Good patient care Patients said they had exceptional care at this hospital. See hospitals
  • Practices at top hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Bosquez accepts

Dr. Bosquez accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
HealthKeepers Plus POS
Assurant Health
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
Coventry Health Care
Carelink HMO
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Principal Financial Group

1 board action Found
  • Failure to keep adequate medical records (6/16/2017)View details
No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Bosquez's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Bosquez's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizophrenia

Dr. Bosquez's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bosquez

2.1

Dr. Bosquez?
Dr. Bosquez's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Lourdes Bosquez, MD
She treated my father (a now retired medical professional) in exchange for business and patient referrals in the local hospitals. She irresponsibly prescribed him medications to “help” him cope with his slew of mental health issues, ignoring the fact that she knew he was an addict. Her treatment consistent of prescriptions to whatever my father wanted and manufacturer samples that ranged from anti-depressants to anti-psychotics to stimulants, benzodiazepines, and sleeping medications, all without regard for his health. Combined with her advice, and with the obvious problem that he was an addict, he took copious amount of anti-psychotics in efforts to suppress the extreme anxiety he was suffering from — instead of seeking therapy from a psychologist who would have been able to break down the root issues he carried most of his life to lead him to sub-sequential abuse of controlled substances. All made possible in his latter days of his professional career by Lourdes Bosquez.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lourdes Bosquez, MD?
I can't tell you how hard it is to find a child psychiatrist available to see your child without a 1-3 month wait, I was taken same week. Atop that she accepted my insurance (many take none) and she's absolutely brilliant. My son who was diagnosed with OCD and Tourettes at age 9.5 feels so comfortable with Dr Bosquez he asks for an appointment whenever he's had a bad day. The only thing you need to prep yourself for < they respond better to email than phone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lourdes Bosquez, MD?
Been seeing doctors for my condition for a few years, finally, Dr. Bosquez was able to find the proper diagnosis and treatment. I will highly recommend Dr. Bosquez.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lourdes Bosquez, MD?
She did not respond to my messages timely. I needed my prescription corrected and I was told to talk to the pharmacy. She is the worst doctor I have met.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lourdes Bosquez, MD?
If I could give this physician no stars, I would. She overprescribes, and overcharges. I was overcharged for my copayments, and my insurance company has not been billed for any of my 6 visits to this day. I didn't realize why it was so easy to get an appointment within a week to see her! Now I know her unethical medical practices and criminal business practices are the likely reason. Save yourself the trouble and find another doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lourdes Bosquez, MD?
This was the worst experience ever.Doctor Did not listen to my concerns whatsoever, is as if she has the same diagnosis for everyone? She started to write a prescription within 5 minutes of entering the room after being over an hour late. She did not review the medication or discuss any side affects with me. She is rude and condescending, do not go see Dr Bosquez, she has an agenda and it's not your health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lourdes Bosquez, MD?
WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!! The "doctor" was very rude. She didn't take time to listen to my concerns at all! At one point I asked her if the new medicine she was recommending would be safe for me to take if I try to get pregnant and her response was "you're asking too many things. Do you want medicine that works or do you want to be pregnant? Pick." I was absolutely baffled. Office staff is rude and the actual office is dirty! Save your time and money and find a real doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lourdes Bosquez, MD?
I love Dr. BOUSQEZ. .... she is so smart and understanding. She does not except my insurance however she is so great I pay full price and I drive almost 2hrs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lourdes Bosquez, MD?
med sent to my pharm "electronically" never makes it to the pharm. need med or apt but no response from office when I call or email. office staff is rude and unprofessional. Office mgr (male) gets off on showing how "powerful" he is to mess up your ins, ect. Just what you need at a psycharist, right? required me to pay in full at all appts even though dr b is in network with my ins & ck for clms sent to dr b . it was almost impossible to get a recpt to file with my ins. COMPLETE NIGHTMARE!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lourdes Bosquez, MD?
I saw Dr. Bosquez for the first time today and she was patient, able to educate me on diet and vitamins to promote my electrolyte levels, and knowledgable about what treatments would work best for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lourdes Bosquez, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bosquez?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston
1987
Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon

• Portuguese

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Bosquez treats patients.

78% Patient experience rating, 9% higher than the national average

• Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2018)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2017)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2018, 2017)

86% Patient experience rating, 17% higher than the national average