Dr. Louis A. Torres Jr., MD

Dr. Louis A. Torres Jr., MD

Internal Medicine | Male | 55 years old

Dr. Torres provides comprehensive internal medicine, blending the most researched aspects of natural and traditional medicine. By delivering comprehensive care, Dr. Torres and his team are able to save you time, money and hassle and the potential of receiving fragmented care from going to multiple providers. Dr. Torres will help you find the right solutions to meet your medical needs and overall goals for a healthier life.Read more

L.A. Torres, Jr., MD
4601 Old Shepard Pl # 1
Plano, TX 75093 Get Directions

Dr. Torres Jr.' Experience

See how Dr. Torres Jr.' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Torres Jr.

Dr. Torres Jr. accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Torres Jr. has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Torres Jr.' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Torres Jr. to family and friends
3.2
Experience with Dr. Torres Jr.
Dr. Torres Jr.' Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (74)
in Frisco, TX |
He is awesome ! Called me when I couldn't get in & on phone with me for an hour. Knows alternative meds also. Great doc ! Yes you may have to wait but that's because He spends time with each patient. It's not a drive through. it's your health!! This is the 2nd time I've written this so please post it!!!!
Plano, TX |
Really wanted make MD my new PCP but unfortunately I will not be back. He was ok on my 1st visit, but when I came back for labs the office was late opening with no apology or sense of urgency that patients were standing outside waiting. Then they did not have the right lab equipment to draw my blood so I fasted and was late to work for nothing and still had to go to the regular lab. Also their lab room was extremely messy, disorganized, boxes stuffed everywhere, totally unprofessional.
in wylie, tx |
It is hard to get someone to answer the phone. It always goes to voicemail. They have been blaming it on a new system. It is unacceptable and I am finding a new doctor. I consider this neglect.
in Plano, TX |
I scheduled an appt 4 months ago and 15 hours before the appt, his office called and canceled the appt because his staff scheduled it with his PA and not him, although I confirmed the appt was with him only 1 month before. Dr. Torres makes very bad decision regarding staff. You sit in reception 1-11/2 hours and then sit in an exam room 1/2 to 1 additional hour before he sees you. After waiting 2-3 hours past your appointment time you won't remember everything talk to him about. 0 rating.
in Plano, TX |
The staff is very inefficient and does not make enough time per patient. We (both my self and husband) have spent over 2.5 hours for one appointment. I know over 6 people that lave left because of the over booking and inefficiency of the staff. Phoned at 6:10 p.m., that hes is not available the next day and the visit will be with P.A for a physical set up over three months ago. The verification was made several weeks ago that it was to be with the doctor himself. Terrible service.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Torres is finally under new management and things are improving. I am glad I stuck with him during the growing pains. He is very caring and attentive. I appreciate him for the time he spends with me or a family member. Sometimes he does have to make up time from spending the time with a patient that is in dire straits. He is compassionate and caring. His back office staff is very busy but still friendly.
in Frisco, TX |
Have been a patient for over 20 years (along with husband/mom/kids/sister).LOVE Dr. Torres, but his office staff efficiency AND CARING has dropped in the past year; am currently looking for a new Doctor; am sad for us and for Dr. T. Have made at least 7 calls to the office, with no response, so actually went into the office; After a 30 minute wait, they couldn't figure out how to schedule an appointment with Dr. Torres, himself to discuss this and several other issues. Dr. T is wonderful, BUT...
Mckinney, TX |
Uninterested doctor, and I am not happy at all with his staff. They are unprofessional, incompetent and lack organizational and communication skills. After I gave them my updated insurance card, they neglected to update in their system and sent me a bill for not having insurance! When I called to make an appointment, they hung up on me. When I called to ask about my refill, they didn't answer and denied it to my pharmacy. And, I have a serious condition that warrants me to take medication daily!
in Dallas, TX |
Unfortunately, Dr. Torres seems to have lost interest in practicing medicine. His office staff is not trained and very unprofessional. They mismanage patient information and communications. I was advised I needed to see a specialist, for a condition I did not have. My last visit, which will be my last visit to his office, I saw another new PA. I lived his last PA, but I imagine the unprofessional office staff drove her away. The new PA was horrible. In fact, I walked out of office.
in Plano, TX |
Very caring doctor who listens well.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Torres may be a good physician, but I will never know. His staff is incompetent. First, I arrived to locked doors to book my appointment. The next day I received a call that I my appointment had been overbooked and they needed to reschedule. They said I could come in at the appointment time in hopes that the other person would cancel. I called a few minutes before 1 PM and the answering machine said they were closed. Sketchy!
Have you seen Dr. Louis A. Torres Jr., MD?
Are you Dr. Torres Jr.?

Dr. Torres Jr.' Care Philosophy

Dr. Torres Jr.' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

• Patient's Choice Award, 2011

Dr. Torres Jr. has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Torres Jr.' Board Certifications

• Allergan Cross-Reactivity
  • Allergic Asthma
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Digestive Disorders
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • High Cholesterol

Methodist Dallas Medical Center

Completed in 1989

Texas A&M University / Main Campus

Graduated in 1983

Dr. Torres Jr. does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Torres Jr. and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage