Dr. Louis Torres Jr, MD

Dr. Louis Torres Jr, MD

Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Louis Torres Jr, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Plano, TX. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Torres Jr is affiliated with Medical City Plano.

4601 Old Shepard Pl Ste 101

Plano, TX 75093

Learn about Dr. Torres Jr

Dr. Torres Jr' Experience

Dr. Torres Jr' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

This content was provided by Dr. Torres Jr "Dr. Torres provides comprehensive internal medicine, blending the most researched aspects of natural and traditional medicine. By delivering comprehensive care, Dr. Torres and his team are able to save you time, money and hassle and the potential of receiving fragmented care from going to multiple providers. Dr. Torres will help you find the right solutions to meet your medical needs and overall goals for a healthier life."

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Abdominal Disorders
  • Abdominal Pain
  • Acute Bronchitis
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Pharyngitis
  • Autonomic Disorders
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Infection
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Bronchitis
  • Bruise of Face, Scalp, or Neck
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
  • Chronic Pain
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Confusion
  • Constipation
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Cough
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Depression
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • Ear Disorders
  • Emphysema
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Esophagitis
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastroparesis
  • Hyperkalemia
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypokalemia
  • Hypotension
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Muscle Spasm
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Nausea
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pharyngitis
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Venous Insufficiency

• Allergen Immunotherapy
  • Allergy Testing
  • Allergy Treatment
  • Anemia and Iron Deficiency Screening
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Biopsy

Internship Hospital | Completed 1986
  • Methodist Dallas Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989

• Patient's Choice Award, 2011

Dr. Torres Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Torres Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Torres Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Torres Jr' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Torres Jr to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Torres Jr' Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in Plano, TX |
I've been going to Dr. Torres for over 15 years. He runs a very professional operation and I especially like how he communicates. He seems sincerely interested in my health and feel very comfortable discussing everything with him.
Hi Freddie, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!
in Allen, TX |
I'm ?amazed that diligence, respect and true focus on the patient still exist in the realm of primary care. Dr. Torres took the time to ask a wide range of questions and acquaint himself with me and my health history and concerns.
Patti, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Louis A Torres Jr., M.D.,FACP! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!
Allen, TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Torres as a physician who actively listens to his patients, asks appropriate follow-up questions to ensure he has a comprehensive understanding of the patient's concerns and issues, and makes treatment recommendations accordingly. He is personable and professional at the same time.
Hello, thank you for sharing your positive experience! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!
Dallas, TX |
There has got to be some miscommunication somewhere but no one called me. I called the office everyday for 5 days to find out what the issue is and again no one called back. I loved the nurse Donna she understood me and everything going on with me but unfortunately I do not think she shared that info with the doctors or myself. Sad took me forever to ask for help and when I find someone to open up to i get treated badly. I really feel this is miscommunication.....
Hi, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We regret that you had a negative experience, and will use this as an opportunity to improve. Please reach out to us at your earliest convenience so we may further assist you in working towards a resolution. Louis A Torres Jr., M.D.,FACP (214) 919-2350
Prosper, TX |
Never saw the same person twice. Called everyday for a week no return phone call back. I am sure this was something that could have been resolved with a little communication but unfortunately that has never happened. Even the nurse I saw and felt a connection to did stick up for me or call me whith questions. I even tried calling to let them know I found the medicine in question and have heard nothing. I highly suggestion finding a doctor that actually cares about you and will return calls.
Hello, it's upsetting to hear that you did not receive the top-notch service we strive to provide. Here at Louis A Torres Jr., M.D.,FACP, we are always looking for ways to improve; we appreciate your input. If you would be willing, we would like to have you contact our manager (214) 919-2350 to discuss ways we can better serve you in the future.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Torres is one of the most caring doctors in this business. He take the time (with you) to really understand your problem so you feel you are not on a time schedule. This is very good.
Hi Donald Thomas, thank you so much for your positive comments about Louis A Torres Jr., M.D.,FACP! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!
in Plano, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Torres for years and have received the best care! On Friday, April 14, I was having a severe migraine and called his office at the last minute. His staff got me in and took care of me, immediately! I fill so bless for his P.A., Donna White, and one of the R.N., Robert! If you need lots of TLC and good medical care, please go see Dr. Torres and his great and wonderful staff. You will not be disappointed!!!
Jacque, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Louis A Torres Jr., M.D.,FACP! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!
Irving, TX |
I love the staff and the doctors.
in Frisco, TX |
He's been my doctor for the past 20+ years. His wide array of expertise he's provided to me is very comprehensive: general, internist (including colonoscopies), allergist, hormone management, heart / cardio optimization, holistic supplementation, the list goes on and on - see his website. On top of that, he and his staff sincerely cares for my physical, as well as, mental well being.
Leo, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with Louis A Torres Jr., M.D.,FACP. You really made our day today.
Plano, TX |
The employees are very personable and the providers truly cares. Wait time varies.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.
Dallas, TX |
I have stuck with Dr. Torres through many hard years. He is one of the most caring and thorough physicians I have met, even called me after hours when warranted. You can't find this kind of care anymore especially with the way insurance tries to dictate care these days. Love this office.
Wylie, TX |
Dr Torres and his staff work very hard. It amazes me how petty some of the reviews are. Dr Torres spends as much time with the patient as they need. Yes this does make him fall behind but he gives everyone the time they need.
in Carrollton, TX |
Dr. Torres is open minded, he really listens and is willing to work with you to find solutions to your particular problems. I've never felt rushed. He always takes the time needed. That's why I never mind if it takes a little longer than normal. I know it's because he is giving that same attention to the patient in the other room that I will be getting next. For awhile I was getting frustrated with a couple of his staff members, but they have been replaced and his entire staff is now top notch!
Thanks for the feedback, Sc. We strive to provide excellent service to our customers at Louis A Torres Jr., M.D.,FACP. You really made our day today.
Carrollton, TX |
I just love Donna, Dr Torres' PA. She does need to take more time to explain medical procedures. His office staff however, are very lacking. They rarely answer the phone or return calls no matter whether it is for a prescription refill, referral, appointment or whatever. And, then, when they are finally contacted, the front staff always act so blase'. Samantha seems to be the only one that really cares and does her best but she can't do the job of everyone. Their Lab Tech, Yolanda is awesome.
Thanks for the feedback. We strive to provide excellent service to our customers at Louis A Torres Jr., M.D.,FACP. This issue has been discussed and we are working on improving in areas we are lacking. If you notice this issue continuing please contact our office manager.
in Frisco, TX |
He is awesome ! Called me when I couldn't get in & on phone with me for an hour. Knows alternative meds also. Great doc ! Yes you may have to wait but that's because He spends time with each patient. It's not a drive through. it's your health!! This is the 2nd time I've written this so please post it!!!!
Kat, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. Thank you, Kat, for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.
Plano, TX |
Really wanted make MD my new PCP but unfortunately I will not be back. He was ok on my 1st visit, but when I came back for labs the office was late opening with no apology or sense of urgency that patients were standing outside waiting. Then they did not have the right lab equipment to draw my blood so I fasted and was late to work for nothing and still had to go to the regular lab. Also their lab room was extremely messy, disorganized, boxes stuffed everywhere, totally unprofessional.
Hi reviewer-name, we appreciate you taking the time to respond. The staff at Louis A Torres Jr., M.D.,FACP take our reviews very seriously.
in wylie, tx |
It is hard to get someone to answer the phone. It always goes to voicemail. They have been blaming it on a new system. It is unacceptable and I am finding a new doctor. I consider this neglect.
Hi Liz Wells, we appreciate you taking the time to respond. The staff at Louis A Torres Jr., M.D.,FACP take our reviews very seriously.
in Plano, TX |
I scheduled an appt 4 months ago and 15 hours before the appt, his office called and canceled the appt because his staff scheduled it with his PA and not him, although I confirmed the appt was with him only 1 month before. Dr. Torres makes very bad decision regarding staff. You sit in reception 1-11/2 hours and then sit in an exam room 1/2 to 1 additional hour before he sees you. After waiting 2-3 hours past your appointment time you won't remember everything talk to him about. 0 rating.
Hi Dan C, we appreciate you taking the time to respond. The staff at Louis A Torres Jr., M.D.,FACP take our reviews very seriously.
in Plano, TX |
The staff is very inefficient and does not make enough time per patient. We (both my self and husband) have spent over 2.5 hours for one appointment. I know over 6 people that lave left because of the over booking and inefficiency of the staff. Phoned at 6:10 p.m., that hes is not available the next day and the visit will be with P.A for a physical set up over three months ago. The verification was made several weeks ago that it was to be with the doctor himself. Terrible service.
Hi Pat, we appreciate you taking the time to respond. The staff at Louis A Torres Jr., M.D.,FACP take our reviews very seriously.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Torres is finally under new management and things are improving. I am glad I stuck with him during the growing pains. He is very caring and attentive. I appreciate him for the time he spends with me or a family member. Sometimes he does have to make up time from spending the time with a patient that is in dire straits. He is compassionate and caring. His back office staff is very busy but still friendly.
Thank you very much for sharing these comments, Frankie. You really made our day today.
in Frisco, TX |
Have been a patient for over 20 years (along with husband/mom/kids/sister).LOVE Dr. Torres, but his office staff efficiency AND CARING has dropped in the past year; am currently looking for a new Doctor; am sad for us and for Dr. T. Have made at least 7 calls to the office, with no response, so actually went into the office; After a 30 minute wait, they couldn't figure out how to schedule an appointment with Dr. Torres, himself to discuss this and several other issues. Dr. T is wonderful, BUT...
Hi Marie, we appreciate you taking the time to respond. The staff at Louis A Torres Jr., M.D.,FACP take our reviews very seriously.
Mckinney, TX |
Uninterested doctor, and I am not happy at all with his staff. They are unprofessional, incompetent and lack organizational and communication skills. After I gave them my updated insurance card, they neglected to update in their system and sent me a bill for not having insurance! When I called to make an appointment, they hung up on me. When I called to ask about my refill, they didn't answer and denied it to my pharmacy. And, I have a serious condition that warrants me to take medication daily!
in Dallas, TX |
Unfortunately, Dr. Torres seems to have lost interest in practicing medicine. His office staff is not trained and very unprofessional. They mismanage patient information and communications. I was advised I needed to see a specialist, for a condition I did not have. My last visit, which will be my last visit to his office, I saw another new PA. I lived his last PA, but I imagine the unprofessional office staff drove her away. The new PA was horrible. In fact, I walked out of office.
Hi Bkg, we appreciate you taking the time to respond. The staff at Louis A Torres Jr., M.D.,FACP take our reviews very seriously.
in Plano, TX |
Very caring doctor who listens well.
Jane Johnson, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. You really made our day today.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Torres may be a good physician, but I will never know. His staff is incompetent. First, I arrived to locked doors to book my appointment. The next day I received a call that I my appointment had been overbooked and they needed to reschedule. They said I could come in at the appointment time in hopes that the other person would cancel. I called a few minutes before 1 PM and the answering machine said they were closed. Sketchy!
Marco R., it is disappointing for us to hear that your experience was anything less than great. Please reach out to us at your earliest convenience so we may further assist you in working towards a resolution. Louis A Torres Jr., M.D.,FACP (214) 919-2350
Have you seen Dr. Louis Torres Jr, MD?

Visit Dr. Torres Jr