Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Louis Sobol, MD
Dr. Louis Sobol, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in West Bloomfield, MI. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Sobol is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Royal Oak Campus.

6900 Orchard Lake Rd Ste 314

West Bloomfield, MI 48322

• HAP Insurance
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Sobol

Dr. Sobol's Experience

Dr. Sobol's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Labyrinthitis
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sinusitis
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Swimmer's Ear
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Laryngectomy and Pharyngectomy
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• G Washington Univ Sch Med & Hlth Sci
    Medical School | Graduated 1995

Dr. Sobol has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sobol does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sobol and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sobol's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sobol to family and friends
2.0
Dr. Sobol's Performance
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Doctor Sobol was very kind, and put me at ease when doing a scope of my throat. He is the first doctor I've seen in months that actually seemed to DO anything, and knew what he was talking about. I didn't have to wait long and would highly recommend him! Amber
West Bloomfield, MI |
Louis Sobel botched a procedure on a family member. That family member had to go to another doctor to correct the problem he caused.
Berkley, MI |
So I had one procedure with Dr. Sobol. I chose to go to him as I have relatives in the Beaumont system and asked for recommendations as to who is one of the best ENTs to see for my issue. Almost all listed Dr. Sobol in the top 2. I had zero issues with him. A quick exam, an explanation of what was needed and a surgery scheduled. Surgery was great with zero issues. The issue reappeared (50% chance) and I'm having him do the same surgery again.
Troy, MI |
Unresponsible.Not being patient.Don't waste your time and money.
Commerce Township, MI |
Louis Sobol is by far the rudest person I have taken my child to. He has no bedside manner, was rude, pompous, arrogant, and spent all of two minutes in the room with my son. I would not take even my dog to see him. I cannot even give him any star on the rating scare. When your 11 year old son walks out and says "I wonder if he treats all his patients this way", you know there is a BIG PROBLEM!
Waterford, MI |
I had a horrible experience with Dr. Sobol. I went to him for chronic hoarseness and he was arrogant and totally dismissive. He told me if I have had this for as long as I did, there probably wasn't anything to be done. He blurted out a couple doctor names that might be able to help me and then walked out. I was so angry, I called one of the names and saw him. I was diagnosed with cancer in site of the vocal cord. Thank goodness I didn't listen to this jerk. He shouldn't be treating patients!
in Novi, MI |
I went to see Dr. Sobol for two ENT issues, a swallowing problem and spontaneous nose bleeds. I found him to be very compassionate and empathetic. He took his time to learn about my other health issues. He ordered some tests and performed a procedure in his office. He properly diagnosed both issues and I am receiving treatment for them now. I would recommend Dr. Sobol to anyone who is looking for a really good Ear, Nose and Throat Doctor.
Royal Oak, MI |
My visit with Dr Sobol for an ear infection was like something out of a nightmare. I should have known something wasn't right when he was the only ENT I could find with an opening the day I needed to get in. Very traumatizing experience. He was distracted the entire time I discussed my issue then inserted a vacuum into my ear without my knowledge or consent. I left his office in tears.
in Bancroft, MI |
Dr sobol is very arrogant, rude, and I will never return. I think he thinks he is god. Very rude. Unfriendly, he has a lot to learn. Run fast from this jerk.
West Bloomfield, MI |
Awful experience. Dr. Sobol treated me with zero respect when I showed extreme anxiety to the procedure he was performing. He stopped mid-procedure - stating he could not continue (due to my anxiety). Now I'm left worse off than when I came in. I wish I would have read these reviews before making my appointment. I agree with them all - horrible bedside manner and very arrogant.
Birmingham, MI |
I have never met a more arrogant, unsympathetic human being in my life. Was in ER for severe sinus infection. My MD sent me there to receive IV antibiotics. Sobol consulted and treated me like a fool. 2 minutes of time. Horrible experience.
Royal Oak, MI |
Sobol has a horrible beside manner. He wants his assistant to triage you instead of listening to you, he'd rather a filtered complaint. Went to be diagnosed & seeking treatment for LPR, and instead I was told within seconds of meeting him that he doesn't treat the stomach! Duh! I wasn't seeing him for my stomach that's why I see a GI dr! I didn't even have an opportunity to explain my extensive history he wanted everything cut and dry. It's too bad he's ruining this practice, Won't be back!!!!
in Troy, Michigan |
I was very pleased with Dr Sobol's professionalism and care for my son. He treated my son with the best care and the surgical procedure could not gone smoother. I don't understand why Dr. Sobol received such negative reviews. However I can tell you, this Dr knows his stuff and gets the job done. Sometimes people need to understand that doctors are people too and at many times are misunderstood if one does not spend the time to know them or at least research their track record. Thanks Doctor.
MI |
Very sarcastic, abrupt and rude, to think I paid for the office visit. Shame on me.
Have you seen Dr. Louis Sobol, MD?
Are you Dr. Sobol?

See our Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist at Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital

Visit Dr. Sobol