Dr. Louis J. Ruland III, MD

Dr. Louis J. Ruland III, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 57 years old

42 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Dr. Ruland III specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and practices in Annapolis, MD. He practices at 3 locations.

Are you Dr. Ruland III? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Ruland III's Experience

See how Dr. Ruland III's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ruland III

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Ruland III has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ruland III's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ruland III to family and friends
Dr. Ruland III's Performance
in Upper Marlboro, Maryland |
Dr. Ruland is a warm, friendly person. Communication in reference to your medical problem(s) with Dr. Ruland is easy. He is informative, and understanding of your needs and requirements. Always very professional and no doubt quiet knowledgeable. Would refer him to anyone in need of orthopaedic care.
in Edgewater, MD |
Dr. Louis Ruland, is very caring. He listens and explains everything in detail. He is very thorough. I didn’t feel rushed. He encouraged me to ask questions. His front office staff was also very professional and friendly. I would highly recommend Dr. Ruland and Anne Arundel Orthopedic Surgeons, P.A. in Bowie, Maryland.
in Davidsonville, MD |
Dr. Ruland is very professional, most knowledgeable, friendly and patient focused. He thoroughly explained my condition so that I could understand what I need to do to remedy the problem. I have been a patient of Dr. Ruland for more than 10 years. I intend to continue to have him as my doctor to treat my arthritic condition.
in Bowie, MD |
Dr. Ruland has a pleasant bedside manner and listens and treats medical conditions arising following surgery. I highly recommend him.
in CROFTON, MD |
ALWAYS PROMPT WITH APPOINTMENTS, TAKES EXTRA TIME LISTENING, DISCUSSES OPTIONS OF TREATMENTS. YOU DO NOT FEEL RUSHED AND I DO GET RELIEF FROM PAIN. ALWAYS ENCOURAGES CALLING HIM IF HAVE DIFFICULTIES BETWEEN APPOINTMENT'S. I TRUST HIM EXPLICITLY AND VALUE OUR RELATIONSHIP. HIS ATTITUDE IS SHARED BY HIS STAFF AND SHE HAS BEEN WITH HIM AS LONG AS I HAVE BEEN GOING TO HIS BOWIE OFFICE.
in Huntingtown,Md. |
Easy to talk to, very knowledgeable and a very good personality.
in Brandywine, MD |
Dr. L. Ruland explained knee replacement surgery to the fullest. I liked his approach. He made me feel at ease. He is well versed in knee replacement surgery.
in Maryland |
I look forward to my quarterly visits with Dr. Ruland. I've been his patient since 2006 when he performed knee surgery for me. He's very personable and attentive. I have improved significantly over the years. I would recommend him to everyone. His staff reflects his personality and his office environment is very welcoming.
in Centreville, MD |
First and very important he understands that my time is as important as his time, AAOS see's their patients on time. I like the fact that the xray facilities are right there so in minutes they can see with what they are dealing. Dr. Ruland is polite, professional, caring, and takes time to talk to you as a person and not just a patient. I have recommended Dr. Ruland to two neighbors and both have come saying "I know why you think so highly of him".
in Bowie, MD |
I was referred to Dr. L. Ruland by his brother Dr. C Ruland of whom I have been a patient for several years. Time had come for a TKR and research of Dr. L. and of the A.A. Hospital I felt very comfortable and confident that I would receive only the best of care. Every care provider I encountered from initial evaluation to my release from the hospital were most professional, sincere and polite. I've no apprehensions of future like surgery. Don
Largo, MD |
Have been a patient for 20+ years. Dr. Lou always explains procedures and options and lets you participate in your own health care. Office staff (especially at Bowie office) is fabulous - efficient and personable.
in Churchton, MD |
Dr. Lou has performed knee replacement on one of my knees and is scheduled for the second. His knowledge, patience and sense of humor is the reason he is #1 in my experience. He takes the time to explain and answer all questions (also relieve anxiety when required :-) ). Great Doc!!!
Jessup, MD |
I was so pleased at the ease, efficiency of obtaining an appointment with DrRuland. He's knowledgable, explained everything and then waited for me to repeat what I learned. Providers can take lessons from Dr Rutland who knows how to balance knowledge with bedside manner. Would recommend him to my, friends and family.
in Severn, MD |
Dr. Ruland is one of my favorite doctors. He is very pleasant and I never feel rushed. He is very thorough with asking questions and providing answers. After getting an injection in my shoulder I am greatly improved in just 2 days.
Dunkirk.MD |
DR Runad is considerate of his patients. He takes time to listen to the concerns. He has worked with our family for over 20 years. He does not make surgery the first option.
in Queenstown, MD |
1. He helped me when I dislocated my shoulder 2. Helped me with right knee issues 3. orthoscopic surgery on left knee 4. lower back pain due to arthritis.
Annapolis, MD |
Dr. Lou has been my orthopedic surgeon for many years & I've never wanted another. His skill & medical expertise is above par, he treats his patients with respect & courtesy. & he's just plain fun to talk with. After three separate successful joint surgeries, I can recommend him heartily!
in Crofton, MD |
It was my first time seen Dr. Ruland and I was very pleased. He's knowledgeable, kind and very friendly. As well as the staff.
in Davidsonville, MD |
Great Orthopedic Surgeon! I have total confidence in his knowledge and ability. Dr Ruland is friendly and trustworthy.
Dr. Louis Ruland and his staff are fantastic. He has cared for both my husband's and my orthopedic needs. He is extremely caring, he spends plenty of time explaining options and next steps, and he is the best ortho surgeon in Annapolis.
Stevensville, MD |
My visit with Dr. Ruland lll was very relaxed and curious. He is kind and caring and very informative to his patients. I would recommend him to family and friends.
in Millersville, MD |
I was able to get a late-day appt with Dr. Ruland on short notice for an on-going right knee problem. I hadn't met him before but found him to be instantly friendly and likeable. He apologized for the wait time, which actually I had expected. Dr. Ruland took a fair amount of time with me, listening to my symptoms & examining thoroughly my range of motions in both knees. He described several courses of action, patiently answered my questions, & came up with an action plan. I highly recommend him.
in Laurel, MD |
Dr. Ruland is knowledgeable, patient, always willing to listen. He is the best orthopedic surgeon I have ever been to. There is nothing that I can say that could really state how good he is!
in Annapolis, MD |
Dr. Ruland is great. He has fixed my knee. I can walk without pain. He is always polite, concerned about his patients feelings and understands.
in Severna Park, MD |
Dr. Ruland is very friendly and personable--I feel that I am a person, not a "knee" or a "shoulder". This is important because he makes me feel at ease and I am able explain my issues better. Over the past few years I have seen him for both knee and shoulder issues. He listens, is thorough and explains everything in a way I can understand. He is gentle when giving cortisone shots. I trust him completely and have recommended him to others.
Have you seen Dr. Louis J. Ruland III, MD?
Are you Dr. Ruland III?

Compare Dr. Ruland III

Dr. Ruland III's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Maryland not available

Dr. Ruland III has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ruland III's Board Certifications

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Graduated in 1982

• Other Education
    University Of Virginia Graduate School

Completed in 1990

Dr. Ruland III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ruland III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery