Dr. Louis Heyl, MD

Family Medicine | Male

Heyl Family Practice 1020 Center Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15229 Get Directions
Dr. Louis Heyl, MD

Dr. Louis Heyl, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Pittsburgh, PA. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Heyl is affiliated with UPMC Passavant - McCandless, Allegheny General Hospital and Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC.

...See Less

Dr. Heyl's Experience

See how Dr. Heyl's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Heyl

Dr. Heyl accepts 15 insurance carriers

Dr. Heyl is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Heyl has admitting privileges.

Dr. Heyl's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Heyl to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Heyl's Performance
Mc Kees Rocks, PA |
I had been a patient at that practice for awhile. In 2012, I was very sick and had to go for blood transfusions. I was told a few days before I went by Lisa that if I didn't go to the Hospital when they wanted me to if I had a heart attack or stroke they were ( the Drs office) not responsible !!! Why would someone say this???? Then I was terminated as a patient because of cancelling appointments!! Nobody ever said anything to me ever about that or their policy?! And I never received an apology .
Glenshaw, PA |
A while back I had a mammogram that came back inconclusive. I called Dr. Heyl confused and scared. He did not call back, so I called again. Once again no call back. So I was angry that a doctor whom I had been going to for over 40 years could not even pick up the phone when I need help. So today while there for an appointment I confronted him. He blamed his staff. When I told him I had lost faith in him he told me I should find a new doctor. Guess that's what I'll do. Thanks for caring Dr. Heyl.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
There are different providers in this office and I was seen by the Dr. Heyl (the son) and he was AMAZING!!!!!!! I would definitely recommend him to any and everyone!!! I have never had such a great doctors appt!
Pittsburgh, PA |
I've been going to Dr. Heyl for many years and he is a wonderful doctor. He's very caring and will send you to a specialist if needed.
Have you seen Dr. Louis Heyl, MD?
Are you Dr. Heyl?

Compare Dr. Heyl

Dr. Heyl's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Dr. Heyl does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Heyl and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Hahnemann Univ Sch Of Med

Graduated in 1980

Western Pennsylvania Hospital

Dr. Heyl does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Heyl and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Heyl does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Heyl and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.