Dr. Louis George, DDS

Dr. Louis George, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. Louis George, DDS is an oral & maxillofacial surgery specialist in Sioux Falls, SD. He practices oral & maxillofacial surgery.Read his story

6401 S Minnesota Ave

Sioux Falls, SD 57108

• Sanford Health Plan
  • Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. George

See how frequently Dr. George performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dentofacial Anomalies
TMJ

Dr. George's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. George's bio

This content was provided by Dr. George "Dr. Louis George moved to South Dakota from the East Coast and joined Siouxland Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in 2007. He is currently the co-owner of the Siouxland practice and has thoroughly immersed himself in the Midwest and its wonderful traditions. Dr. George is an active attending surgeon at both Sanford Medical Center and Avera McKennan Hospital. He also serves as a primary member of the facial trauma team at Sanford. Dr. George has participated in several large research projects, and his work on the surgical treatment of obstructive sleep apnea was published in the Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America. He was also a frequent lecturer at the annual meetings for The American College of Oral Surgeons."

This content was provided by Dr. George "It is my belief that patient care includes more than their surgical care. I believe in personally connecting with each of my patients to ensure we are creating the best possible treatment plan for them. In my experience, patients experience their best results when they feel comfortable, informed, and involved, and I strive to achieve that for them."

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Dentofacial Anomalies
  • Facial Fracture
  • Facial Trauma
  • Impacted Teeth
  • Jaw Cyst
  • Jaw Irregularities
  • Tempormandibular Joint Pain

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Dakota.

Education data for Dr. George is unavailable at this time.

Dr. George has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. George has no media or publications listed.

Dr. George does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. George and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. George's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. George to family and friends
4.5
based on 46 total reviews (11 with comments)

Dr. George's Performance

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

in San Diego, CA
This was my second implant with Dr George, and I am again so very impressed with my overall experience. His staff took amazing care of me from start to finish, taking extra time to make sure I was comfortable by bringing extra warm blankets in the operating room, to calling my doctors in California...more
in Webster, SD
Went to Dr. George to get my wisdom teeth taken out and he did not do a good job. He pulled a muscle in my jaw and cut a nerve in my chin/jaw and the nerve still hasn’t fully healed and can’t chew on that side of my mouth. I would not recommend.
As a healthcare professional, I have high standards for my medical and dental care. Dr. Lou George has met and exceeded all my expectations! He does an outstanding job of keeping the patient informed, comfortable and relaxed at every step of the process. Do not hesitate to schedule your procedure...more
in Sioux Falls, SD
Dr. George and his staff are fantastic! I would highly recommend anyone needing oral surgery. My Husband, Mother In Law, Nieces and Friends have all had a 5 star experience. Dr. George has a wonderful bedside manner and is very caring.

Thank you for the wonderful review. We strive to give our patients the best possible outcome and we are happy that you had such a great experience.

in Brookings, SD
Dr. George explained everything about the procedure very well. He was confident that my daughter would have no problems recovering and be ready for the fall semester. She followed all his post surgical instructions and her results have been very good! He was very friendly and professional and a...more

Nearby dentists with similar experience