Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. Louis George, DDS
Dr. Louis George moved to South Dakota from the East Coast and joined Siouxland Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in 2007. He is currently the co-owner of the Siouxland practice and has thoroughly immersed himself in the Midwest and its wonderful traditions. Dr. George is an active attending surgeon at both Sanford Medical Center and Avera McKennan Hospital. He also serves as a primary member of the facial trauma team at Sanford. Dr. George has participated in several large research projects, and his work on the surgical treatment of obstructive sleep apnea was published in the Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America. He was also a frequent lecturer at the annual meetings for The American College of Oral Surgeons.

6401 S Minnesota Ave

Sioux Falls, SD 57108

• Sanford Health Plan
  • Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. George

It is my belief that patient care includes more than their surgical care. I believe in personally connecting with each of my patients to ensure we are creating the best possible treatment plan for them. In my experience, patients experience their best results when they feel comfortable, informed, and involved, and I strive to achieve that for them.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Oral Surgical Procedures
  • Orthognathic Surgery
  • Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Teeth Extraction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Dakota.

Education data for Dr. George is unavailable at this time.

Dr. George has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. George has no media or publications listed.

Dr. George does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. George and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. George's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. George to family and friends
Dr. George's Performance
in Sioux Falls, SD |
Dr. George and his staff are fantastic! I would highly recommend anyone needing oral surgery. My Husband, Mother In Law, Nieces and Friends have all had a 5 star experience. Dr. George has a wonderful bedside manner and is very caring.
Thank you for the wonderful review. We strive to give our patients the best possible outcome and we are happy that you had such a great experience.
in Brookings, SD |
Dr. George explained everything about the procedure very well. He was confident that my daughter would have no problems recovering and be ready for the fall semester. She followed all his post surgical instructions and her results have been very good! He was very friendly and professional and a very knowledgeable and skilled surgeon! He was willing to take time to answer all our questions & didn't try to rush through the consultation which was appreciated! He gave my daughter his full attention
in Sioux Falls, SD |
I have brought both of my daughters in to see Dr. George at Siouxland for wisdom teeth removal, and he was AWESOME! He is one of the nicest doctors I have ever dealt with and my girls absolutely loved his bedside manner! As a parent, I highly recommend him and his office.
in San Diego, CA |
This was the smoothest surgical experience I have ever had! Dr. George was so knowledgeable and caring. He really impressed me with his medical expertise technique. My stitches were so precise for my implant! And the office staff ran everything so perfectly. They followed up with me to see how I was doing, and I had very little to no pain. Overall, great experience!
Sioux Falls, SD |
Dr. George was absolutely outstanding! I had a great outcome & a very positive overall office experience. Dr. George genuinely cared about how I was feeling and he always listened! I would highly recommend him and Siouxland Oral Surgery to anyone seeking oral surgery treatment!
in Sioux Falls, SD |
Dr. George is incredibly professional and friendly. His Knowledge and focus on care far exceeds all of my expectations. I would highly recommend Dr. George at Siouxland Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery of Sioux Falls, SD.
in Sioux Falls, SD |
As the mother of a special needs child, Dr. George and his staff were more understanding and accommodating than most would be. Once Dr. G realized how anxious my son was he quickly got him laughing and calmed his anxiousness. He explained step by step and as a result a child who typically presents as autistic, opened wide! Dr. G was so patient and compassionate. I was thoroughly impressed with his expertise with children. If you need an oral surgeon, Dr George will take good care of you.
in Mount pleasant, SC |
Dr. George and his staff were simply amazing. He was very attentive, knowledgable, professional and genuinely caring. During a time of great anxiety for me, Dr. George took the time to answer all of my questions and explain everything in a way that really put my mind at ease. The quality of work was excellent, and his follow up after my procedure was just as thorough. It is clear from my experience that Dr. George treats each patient like they are his only patient, which is rare these days.
in Sioux Falls, SD |
Very compassionate and down to earth. He was fantastic!
Have you seen Dr. Louis George, DDS?

Visit Dr. George

Dr. George accepts 6 insurance carriers
    Dental
  • Sanford Health Plan
  • Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
    Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.