Plastic Surgery  |
Dr. Louis Bucky, MD
Education and Experience Dr. Louis P. Bucky earned his medical degree from Harvard Medical School, followed by general and plastic surgery residencies at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, MA. He then completed a Fellowship in Breast Cancer Reconstruction at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, as well as a Fellowship in Craniofacial Surgery at Miami Children’s Hospital. While participating in each fellowship program, Dr. Bucky earned regional and national honors in both cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery as he continued to pursue the most advanced training available. He is a Clinical Professor of Surgery in the Division of Plastic Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and Chief of Plastic Surgery at Pennsylvania Hospital. Board Certification and Affiliations Dr. Bucky is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Bucky is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), the Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons (NSPS)—of which he is also past president—and the American Association of Plastic Surgeons (AAPS). He is a past chairman of the Perspectives and Advancements of Plastic Surgery Symposium, which is sponsored by the Plastic Surgery Education Foundation. Additionally, Dr. Bucky is chairman of the Allergan Breast Aesthetics Executive Council, which is an advisory board comprised of ten elite and nationally recognized leaders in cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery. Philadelphia Top Doc Consecutively Since 2001 In addition to his education, fellowships, residencies and certifications, the fact that Dr. Bucky performs more than 1,000 cosmetic procedures (including breast augmentation, facelift surgery, Mommy Makeovers, etc.) each year further attests to his expertise. He remains strictly dedicated to helping patients achieve their goals maintain a reputation built on outstanding patient care and exceptional surgical skills. Dr. Bucky has been named Plastic Surgery’s “Top Doc” in Philadelphia Magazine consecutively since 2001. Dr. Bucky has also been recognized by Castle Connolly, which publishes a resource for “America’s Top Doctors” in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. Scientific Research and Publication In response to his in-depth research concerning facial aging, Dr. Bucky has developed techniques to enhance a patient’s natural aesthetic following a cosmetic procedure. He was recently filmed performing a live surgical procedure by the National Cosmetic Network to help educate fellow surgeons on these techniques. In addition to his role as educator, Dr. Bucky has co-authored over 100 publications in prestigious industry journals, and received a number of honors for his research in melanoma, breast reconstruction and fat transplantation. His research has been featured on a number of platforms, including Good Morning America, CNN, Fox News, CBS News, MAMM Magazine, and many more.

200 W Montgomery Ave

Ardmore, PA 19003

• Amerihealth
  • CoreSource
  • Keystone Health Plan East
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Bucky

See how frequently Dr. Bucky performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Facelift
Breast Reduction
Dermal Filler

Dr. Bucky's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Bucky "As a board-certified plastic surgeon, I have dedicated my medical career to producing beautiful, natural-looking results for every patient who seeks my help and expertise. At my Philadelphia-area practice, I offer a comprehensive range of cosmetic treatments and procedures ranging from facelift and breast augmentation to tummy tuck and CoolSculpting®. Additionally, my experienced staff and I have developed a unique quick-recovery program to help expedite the recuperation process following whichever surgery you have received. Whether you are interested in surgical rejuvenation or skincare and laser treatments, our plastic surgery office is well equipped with state-of-the-art technologies to most effectively address your needs. My ultimate goal is to help you achieve the results you desire in a way that complements the beauty of your natural features."

• Plastic Surgery

• Repair of Pigmentation Defect
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Wound Repair
  • Wrinkle Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Harvard Medical School
  • Memorial Sloan Kettering
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Miami Chldns Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Bucky has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bucky does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bucky and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bucky's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bucky to family and friends
Dr. Bucky's Performance
PA |
After two breast cancer reconstructions that did not work out, I knew it was time for a new surgeon. Dr. Bucky and his staff helped me believe I could look and feel like myself again after multiple breast cancer surgeries..Dr. Bucky listens to concerns and comes up with solutions. His nurses are professional and comprehensive. They gave me pre- and after-care instructions (including a post-surgery garment to wear, I felt great confidence in Dr. Bucky .and am happy with my results.
Gladwyne, PA |
This office is so clean and gorgeous. Kimmi Ragone is extremely professional and knowledgeable. I looked younger and more refreshed the very next day. I had Restylane Refyne and Defyne injections around my mouth and the results appear more natural. Dysport was applied to my forehead/smile lines besides eyes and the results were instant and amazing. I highly recommended this practice, especially Kimmi Ragone as your Injectable nurse.
in Philadelphia, PA |
Kimmi from Dr Bucky’s office is wonderful. She is extremely knowledgeable about the products and can thoroughly explain the benefits of each. I never feel rushed during office visits and Kimmi takes time to answer any questions. She is so caring and professional. The Rittenhouse office is beautiful and comfortable and the staff goes out of their way to make every visit so pleasant.
in Ardmore, PA |
I cannot say enough nice things about this practice!I had Coolsculpting with Rachel in the Ardmore office. She was so pleasant and kind and explained everything. I am 2 months out and LOVING my results! It was such a great experience!
Silver Spring, MD |
I've had multiple procedures both from dr. Bucky and his wonderful nurses and estheticians. As a reconstructive patient suffering from chronic pain I underwent Braava and sacrificing and I'm happy to report that not only does my breasts look and feel better my pain has resolved I've also had CoolSculpting which is help with the extra weight around my waist from menopause and post-chemotherapy. IT was easy. Rachel was professional kind and thorough.
Silver Spring, MD |
I don’t know where to begin with my review of Dr Bucky’s office but I can start by saying that the level of care I received, exceeded my expectations. Rachel’s honesty and skill gave me the confidence to move forward with cool sculpting on my flanks. The goal was to look my best on my wedding day and Rachel helped me achieve that! My waistline has never looked better
in Philadelphia, PA |
Can't say enough great things about Valerie Daily! She's been doing my injectable fillers and Botox for years - I wouldn't trust anyone else!
New Jersey |
My name is Lindsay i am 32 years old ,5'3", 120lbs, married and have 3 children ages 4, 3,and 1. My hands are very full and I rarely spend time focusing on myself. After my third child and nursing was finished, I concluded that my breasts were never going to be the same. I decreased in breast size to a 34 A, if that! My breast size made me very insecure, my clothes did not fit well, I wanted to be proportional, and I wanted to look amazing for my husband. After speaking with my husband, we agre
in Baltimore, MD |
I have to say I have been to many places over the years, until I found Kimmi at Dr. Bucky's office on Rittenhouse Square. I will never go anywhere else! Not only will they not do work that isn't needed, they will refuse to over inject. This is a sign of excellent training and yields natural results. I have met over 20 people over the years that have used their services as well and I have only heard glowing reviews. I never write comments but have to tell people how impressed I am with Kimmi a
in Philadelphia |
I have been visiting Dr. Bucky's office for years now. Kimmi has kept me young and. beautiful. If I had all the paper from here to China I could not write enough about how much I love this office and its staff. There is no where like it and I am grateful to be a patient. I highly recommend!
in Newtown, PA |
I did a lot research about tummy tuck surgery, searched out the credentials of plastic surgeons and interviewed them, I knew and was confident at my consult with Dr. Bucky that he was going to be the doctor to take care of making my belly look beautiful. I was of course very nervous about the procedure but the care and confidence of Dr. Bucky, his reputation, and staff I knew I made the right choice. Nurse Kate was the best with all my questions and pre/post op concerns.
Silver Spring, MD |
So happy with results. Perfect size and shape. I was concerned with looking top heavy after implants and dr Bucky made sure to address this concern and fit me with the perfect size implants. Incision scar and scar around nipple are healing perfectly.
Glen Mills, PA |
Without question, one of the greatest experiences that I have ever had. After taking a few years to make the decision to have cosmetic surgery, I decided to have Dr. Bucky perform the operation. He is a skilled surgeon and his professional demeanor is beyond reproach. Dr. Bucky's staff reflects his skilled, caring and kind manner. All patients are educated on their procedures and all questions are answered honestly. The private nurse assigned to me on the evening of my surgery was fantastic!
in Bradley Beach, NJ |
Dr. Bucky performed my breast reconstruction after another fabulous Doctor - Dahlia Sataloff performed breast cancer surgery. He did temporary expanders followed by an exchange for silicone implants. Most recently he performed fat grafting to soften the final look. He and his team are exceptional. They are professional yet accessible and I have never felt much pain at all from the procedures. I'd recommend them highly.
in Philadelphia, PA |
I had an amazing experience with Dr. Bucky, I cannot say enough good things about him. He is an incredible surgeon, it's truly art what he does. He really listens to his patients and knows what is best for you and your body. He is for sure the best.
in Phila. Pa. |
This past August I had a full face and neck lift, along with fat grafting (to cheeks and lips) and a CO2 laser with Dr. Bucky. I am extremely happy with the results. Dr. Bucky created a very natural and youthful appearance to my face with no evidence of surgery. The laser took years of sun damage off my skin. There are no visible scars from incisions and my skin looks fantastic. His nurses and entire staff are extremely professional. Dr. Bucky is the Gold Standard for plastic surgery.
in Wayne, PA |
Oh...my...god!! First of all Tara is so nice, so pretty, so professional and knows what she's talking about. I had a chemical peel with her today. So pleased with it. Can't wait to go back! Thank you amazing Tara!
Philadelphia, PA |
I recently had a breast augmentation with Dr. Bucky. Dr. Bucky did an amazing job and I am extremely satisfied with my results. He is very professional. He answered all my questions, explained everything very well, and put my mind at ease. His staff is very nice and professional and also took their time with me and all my crazy questions. I couldnt of asked for a better experience. If you are looking for a plastic surgeon, look no further than Dr. Bucky. He is amazing!
in Spring City, PA |
Excellent experience! Best thing I ever did for myself! I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Bucky and his staff (Kate and Erin). I have never been more happy with my decision, I went from a 32AA to a 32D. I have never been a person that put much stakes in reviews, but Dr. Bucky’s are true! He is the best and you absolutely get what you pay for. Dr. Bucky is the best they come!
When I first walked in the office it is so impressive that my first concern was oh oh a bunch of snobs work here. But what a pleasant surprise to me it was the contrary.. A warm smile greets you and offers you a beverage. Instantly I was relaxed. Then I met Kimmi, the nurse injector, who is extremely professional, knowledgeable , embracing and personal. I am so happy I went there and Zi will never look back! DSK
in Merion Station, PA |
I had an amazing experience with my surgery. From the information provided both verbally and in writing beforehand, to the excellent care provided by the medical team at Tuttleman, my experience was superb. Afterwards I spent the night at the Ritz with an excellent and supportive nurse ( Betty D.), which I'll admit I thought was overkill beforehand, but in hindsight I'm so glad I was there instead of at the hospital, and I wouldn't have been as comfortable at home.
in Bala Cynwyd, PA |
I have been a very satisfied patient of Dr Bucky for over 10 yrs. His work is excellent and always looks natural. I have also been getting injectibles for some time and Lisa just has a knack for using them to the best advantage. Recently, I heard about Bellafil - developed specifically for acne scarring. Katie, the Bellafil specialist, has injected it twice yielding an amazing difference. Mild scarring is gone. Areas with moderate/severe scarring are smoother and much less noticible.
in Wenonah, NJ |
I've been seeing Renee Christoph for six years at Dr. Bucky's Washington Square office. She's the best aesthetician! Renee has been helpful with all my facial concerns, from laser treatments, peels, microdermabrasion, dermasweep, milia removal, any issues I have, Renee has a treatment plan for me. Renee is kind, thoughtful and trustworthy. Renee gives me peace of mind, she is an angel and I'm thankful for her.
Deciding to undergo surgery is a big decision and Dr. Bucky and his staff were great in answering all of my questions and making me feel more at ease. Everyone in the office is very professional....I was seen right on time at every appt., received follow up calls from nurses in a timely manner, etc. Even Dr. Bucky's staff at the surgery center were terrific! Overall great experience!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Louis Bucky, MD?
Are you Dr. Bucky?

See our Plastic Surgery Specialist at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital—Jefferson Health

Visit Dr. Bucky