Dr. Lorna Layton, MD
Contact provider for availability

Dr. Lorna Layton, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Female

Dr. Lorna Layton, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Jonesboro, AR. She is 50 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Layton is affiliated with NEA Baptist Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Layton's Experience

See how Dr. Layton's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Layton

Dr. Layton accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Layton has admitting privileges.

Dr. Layton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Layton to family and friends
Dr. Layton's Performance
in Paragould, AR |
I love her she delivery 3 of my kids and she did an awesome job and took very good care of me while I was pregnant and threw out labor
in Woodbury, tn |
Lorna Layton literally told me to "shut up!" The one time I cried out in the course of my epidural free labor. This woman is the stuff of nightmares absolutely do not go to her. Extremely rough, dismissive, cold. Because she couldn't be bothered to concern herself with the fact I had a small pelvic cone and a 10 lb baby she had the pitocin continuously raised until I gave birth to 10 lb first child in 4 hours flat breaking my pelvic bone and immediately sending me in for reconstructive surgery
in Joiner, AR |
Dr.Layton was really good to me. Even though I wished she had delivered my little girl but with my type of insurance I had to take who was on duty at the time. Butt I had an great experience with her. She listened and explained everything to me.. she was really great and I would recommend her to anyone who needs her.. I also need to set up an appoitment with her butt she isn't accepting new patients right now so I will just wait. Butt yessss she is an really great doctor.
in Cherry Valley, AR |
My daughter who is 14 has had terribly painful, inconsistent cycles since she turned 11. We had a Dr. in LR who wouldn't try to find out why just put us on birth control and changed it up every few months. So, our pediatrician sent us to Dr. Layton. The nurses were so nice and informative and attentive. But, Dr. Layton may as well have snubbed us from the get go, she acted as if we were ignorant and wished to not help us. She did exactly like the Dr we left bc. Then didn't call it in for a week
in State UniversitJy, AR |
Dr. Layton is very compassionate about what she does and is always willing to listen and explain in detail about your medical problems. She sits down to talk with her patients and is not in a hurry to run out of the room while you are still trying to gather your thoughts. She performed my surgery and I completely trust her, and I highly recommend her. Also, she is very knowledgeable in her practice.
Jonesboro, AR |
Being a woman, I would expect more sympathy and tenderness from Dr. Layton. But she has no such thing about her. She is rough and impersonal. She speaks to her patients like they are children and she does not listen to her patients or address the issues they ask about. If you want an OBGYN who will be supportive with your health and your pregnancy, steer clear of this physician.
in Sikeston, MO |
I had to build up a lot of courage to address a doctor about some embarrassing issues. I told Dr. Layton I thought I had a hormonal problem. She laughed and asked in a patronizing tone, what makes you think you have a hormonal problem?. Stinging with anger and embarrassment, I proceeded to tell her about my symptoms. She gave me no diagnosis- though I was later diagnosed with PCOS by a different Doc- and pushed some new antidepressants on me. She was terribly insensitive.
Have you seen Dr. Lorna Layton, MD?
Are you Dr. Layton?

Compare Dr. Layton

Dr. Layton's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Arkansas not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arkansas.

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Placenta Previa
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Vulvar Cancer
  • Yeast Infections

Columbia University College Of Physicians and Surgeons

Graduated in 1992

Dr. Layton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Layton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Birth Control
  • C-Section
  • Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Pap Smear
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sympathectomy
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC