Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD

Psychiatry ·  Female · Age 57

Dr. Calabrese

"Very comfortable facility, waiting room, and treatment rooms. All of the staff, from receptionist, nurses, to the Doctor were just wonderful."

Read Review

"She sets the standard for effective and innovative psychiatry. Phenomenal!"

Read Review

Make an appointment

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Calabrese

4.0

Dr. Calabrese?
Dr. Calabrese's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?
She sets the standard for effective and innovative psychiatry. Phenomenal!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?
My experience was a nightmare. I had horrible scary visions during the infusions. The nurse was extremely cold and there was no compassion. A thousand dollars wasted. Both times I felt awful even worse the following few days. I emailed the Dr and she never responded. It took my therapist to call her two days after the infusion to get any answers. She told her for me to stop that this was rare I’m sure it isn’t. She told her that I should have my phychatrist come up with a plan and thst was it
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?
Everyone makes me feel welcome. Dr. Calabrese is GREAT!!!! She doesn't rush me out the door even if she is behind in time. She listens to me and helps me put a plan together.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?
I would like to say I have been with Dr. CALABRESE for roughly 15 to 16 years. Prior to Dr. CALABRESE i tried to work with 4 to 5 Doctors maybe more but no one would be able to get me on the correct medication. It was not until Dr CALABRESE who got me on track. I believe it was my understanding of a GOD that worked through Dr CALABRESE,to get me on the right track. And i am Eternally Grateful. To anyone who reads this we did not hit the answer the first or second or maybe more,but it worked.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?
Superb! She is up to date, on target and brilliant. Picked up on a diagnosis no one had ever given me, and really went over treatment options with a lot of detail. Super attentive, and super focused. The office is beautiful, she is really smart, personable, and easy to talk to, and she was willing to explain things to my family. I've seen a lot of psychiatrists and APRNs who really didn't know what they were doing. She is someone who thinks out of the box. So thrilling to have hope again!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?
Unfortunately she is money hungry and will push you treatments that support that hunger. Was more busy with texting than with treating. STAY AWAY.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?
Went to Dr. C for treatment of depression that hadn't responded to medication. IV ketamine was recommended costing $3000. No other therapy was mentioned, such as TMS which is less costly and covered by insurance. The only face to face time with Dr. C was for the intake. I had no benefit from the ketamine. There was no follow up, no aftercare. She met briefly w/me at the end and suggested I try more sessions at $500 each. Lack of compassion or responsible follow through.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?
Dr. Calabrese was amazing. She explained in detail how the ketamine treatment would work. She was very compassionate and caring. She answered all of my questions and then some! Staff was equally as wonderful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?
It’s been two and a half days since my first treatment and I’m feeling better. I hope the treatments continue to assist me with improveing my mood. Based on the 1st treatment I am optimistic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?
Staff pleasant and competent. Pleasant experience. Looking forward to great results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?
Excellent doctor, extraordinary base of knowledge, compassionate and caring
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?
busy with her phone, looking at her watch again and again, save your self the trouble..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?
State of the art testing and treatment including genetic screening for how your body metabolizes meds. Non-pharma treatments for meds resistant conditions. IV Ketamine treatments and rTMS done right at her office. She is up to date with all the latest research and treatments. Simply stated, she is THE BEST.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?
When I don't feel well the last thing I want to feel is uncomfortable. That is why seeing Dr. Calabrese for my treatment was the best thing I could have ever done to help me feel well again. She has a soothing and comforting way of talking to her hpatients and explains her treatment plan in detail. She treated the whole person not just my mental health concerns. She is so knowledgeable about the human body as well as the brain. I am so grateful that she has a warm and healing soul.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?
Dr. Calabrese is a life-saver. She listens to her patients very carefully. She is extremely intelligent and a good decision maker regarding treatment plans. She has a fantastic ability to both soothe & inspire confidence. She never hesitates to take any and all time needed to explain any questions or concerns. Additionally her office staff is phenomenal: discreet, professional, courteous, patient, and very helpful. I am in the medical profession and know firsthand how amazing a doctor she is.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?
I have suffered from debilitating depression since I was a child, and began treatment at 12/13 years old. I have been on almost every medication and adjunct out there, all with no effect on my symptomatology, but all with numerous side effects. The ketamine treatments I underwent changed my life-- I no longer feel depressed for the first time in almost over a decade, and I actually respond to the lowest dose of an SNRI I was once taking the maximum dose of. Thank you, Dr. Calabrese!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?
I have been a patient for 20 years in this practice for treatment resistant/bipolar disease. Dr. Calabrese always worked with me to find the best meds/combination treatment options, many of which were cutting edge at the time. The fact that there is often a wait doesn't bother me in the least because you can't put a premium on the care provided by her. I owe my life to her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?
Overall I think Dr. Calabrese is an excellent doctor. She is extremely knowledgeable and has helped me over the years in many facets of my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?
My expErience has always been excellent in every way.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Calabrese?

I am committed to providing the very finest state-of-the-art psychiatric care for my patients. On an everday basis, this means that I am committed to excellence, to collaborative relationships, and to the goal of restoring you to your best self. To underscore this, unlike most physicians in solo practice, I do not sign out to other physicians or groups during the evening or on weekends.

• Psychiatry

• Best Poster Award, American Acadmy of Psychosomatic Medicine, 1993

• See my Curriculum Vitae,
  • Depression and Seasonal Affective Disorder,

Dr. Calabrese accepts

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Calabrese's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Calabrese's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adverse Drug Reactions
  • Akathisia
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Binge Eating Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Compulsive Gambling
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
  • Insomnia
  • Ketamine and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Combination Therapy
  • Ketamine Infusions
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Perimenopause
  • Phobia
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorders
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Seasonal Affective Disorder
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Social Phobia
  • Substance Abuse
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)