Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD

Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD

Psychiatry | Female | 55 years old

I am committed to providing the very finest state-of-the-art psychiatric care for my patients. On an everday basis, this means that I am committed to excellence, to collaborative relationships, and to the goal of restoring you to your best self. To underscore this, unlike most physicians in solo practice, I do not sign out to other physicians or groups during the evening or on weekends.Read more

Dr. Calabrese's Experience

See how Dr. Calabrese's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Calabrese

Dr. Calabrese's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Calabrese to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Calabrese
Dr. Calabrese's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (25)
in Glastonbury, CT |
I'm bipolar, had suicidal ideation, and was "treatment resistant." Since Dr. Calabrese is a psychopharmacologist, I expected her to simply offer Rx's. However, she gave me various treatment options and I chose Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS). It was available right in her office suite and the tech was amazing. I finished my sessions and life has shifted from dark depression to active, social, productive and happy! Dr. Lori Calabrese's caring and expertise are rare.
in Windsor, CT |
I have seen a number of psychiatrists over 30 years; Dr. Calabreses is hands-down the best. When I leave her office I always feel better because we have a plan of action, not just 'wait and see'. The best decision we made together, was for TMS treatment. After just 5 weeks I'm happier, more social, and not 'stuck'. I wouldn't trade TMS treatment for anything!
in Old Saybrook, CT |
My experience with Dr. Calabrese so far has been positive. She is thorough, thinks outside the box when traditional course of treatment fails, and listens. I agree it does take a while to see her and scheduling can be tricky, but in my opinion I think the care is worth it.
in Glastonbury, CT |
Pros: Knowledgeable, personal attention, able to prescribe meds for off label use. Cons: Very late every time. Discontinued care without warning. Ketamine treatment through Neuragain, a company run by Keith Ablow (a man who blamed Jewish people for the Holocaust) of Fox News fame. Will not send med records after my and 2 other Dr's requests. Treatment went well enough until she cancelled my apt. I would not trust a loved one to her care. She is well regarded only because the bar is set so low.
in Hartford, CT |
Dr. Calabrese was recommended to me by my therapist who would like me to get medication for PTSD. I wanted to talk to her about changing my antidepressant. I did not get to see or talk to her. I was told that she wasn't taking new patients unless I was willing to be in a Ketamine trial. When I asked for information about the trial I was told that I had to look it up online. Seeing as how Dr. Calabrese knew absolutely nothing about me I found that irresponsible and unethical.
We apologize if there was a misunderstanding. We're not seeing new patients for medication management because that arm of our practice is full. But we are scheduling consults for new patients if your symptoms seem to be treatment resistant, if you feel you've run out of options, or if you're seeking cutting-edge alternatives to standard care -- like IV Ketamine Infusions and TMS. We'd be happy to determine if they might be right for you, and to collaborate with everyone involved in your care.
in Hartford, CT |
Very warm and easy to talk to.
Have you seen Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?

Compare Dr. Calabrese

Dr. Calabrese's Care Philosophy

Dr. Calabrese's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

• National Institute of Mental Health Outstanding Resident Award, 1992
    • Psychiatrist of the Year, Eastern Connecticut Health Network, 1998
    • The Thomas P. Hackett Award, Massachusetts General Hospital, 1993
    • Best Poster Award, American Acadmy of Psychosomatic Medicine, 1993
    • See my Curriculum Vitae
    • Depression and Seasonal Affective Disorder

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Why It Matters: Dr. Calabrese's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adverse Drug Reactions
  • Akathisia
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Binge Eating Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Depression
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
  • Insomnia
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Pathological Gambling
  • Perimenopause
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Postpartum Depression

Universita Di Verona

Completed in 1992

• French
  • Italian

Dr. Calabrese does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Calabrese and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

• Ketamine Infusions
  • Ketamine and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Combination Therapy
  • Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)