Psychiatry  |
Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD
Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in South Windsor, CT. She is 56 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

1330 Sullivan Ave

South Windsor, CT 06074

Learn about Dr. Calabrese

I am committed to providing the very finest state-of-the-art psychiatric care for my patients. On an everday basis, this means that I am committed to excellence, to collaborative relationships, and to the goal of restoring you to your best self. To underscore this, unlike most physicians in solo practice, I do not sign out to other physicians or groups during the evening or on weekends.

Dr. Calabrese's Experience

Dr. Calabrese's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adverse Drug Reactions
  • Akathisia
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Binge Eating Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Depression
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
  • Insomnia
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Pathological Gambling
  • Perimenopause
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Postpartum Depression

• Ketamine Infusions
  • Ketamine and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Combination Therapy
  • Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Wellesley College

• See my Curriculum Vitae,
  • Depression and Seasonal Affective Disorder,

• French
  • Italian

Dr. Calabrese does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Calabrese and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Calabrese's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Calabrese to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Calabrese's Performance
When I don't feel well the last thing I want to feel is uncomfortable. That is why seeing Dr. Calabrese for my treatment was the best thing I could have ever done to help me feel well again. She has a soothing and comforting way of talking to her hpatients and explains her treatment plan in detail. She treated the whole person not just my mental health concerns. She is so knowledgeable about the human body as well as the brain. I am so grateful that she has a warm and healing soul.
Storrs Mansfield, CT |
Dr. Calabrese is a life-saver. She listens to her patients very carefully. She is extremely intelligent and a good decision maker regarding treatment plans. She has a fantastic ability to both soothe & inspire confidence. She never hesitates to take any and all time needed to explain any questions or concerns. Additionally her office staff is phenomenal: discreet, professional, courteous, patient, and very helpful. I am in the medical profession and know firsthand how amazing a doctor she is.
in Middletown, CT |
I have suffered from debilitating depression since I was a child, and began treatment at 12/13 years old. I have been on almost every medication and adjunct out there, all with no effect on my symptomatology, but all with numerous side effects. The ketamine treatments I underwent changed my life-- I no longer feel depressed for the first time in almost over a decade, and I actually respond to the lowest dose of an SNRI I was once taking the maximum dose of. Thank you, Dr. Calabrese!!
in WestHartford, CT |
I have been a patient for 20 years in this practice for treatment resistant/bipolar disease. Dr. Calabrese always worked with me to find the best meds/combination treatment options, many of which were cutting edge at the time. The fact that there is often a wait doesn't bother me in the least because you can't put a premium on the care provided by her. I owe my life to her.
Overall I think Dr. Calabrese is an excellent doctor. She is extremely knowledgeable and has helped me over the years in many facets of my life.
My expErience has always been excellent in every way.
in Glastonbury, CT |
I'm bipolar, had suicidal ideation, and was "treatment resistant." Since Dr. Calabrese is a psychopharmacologist, I expected her to simply offer Rx's. However, she gave me various treatment options and I chose Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS). It was available right in her office suite and the tech was amazing. I finished my sessions and life has shifted from dark depression to active, social, productive and happy! Dr. Lori Calabrese's caring and expertise are rare.
in Windsor, CT |
I have seen a number of psychiatrists over 30 years; Dr. Calabreses is hands-down the best. When I leave her office I always feel better because we have a plan of action, not just 'wait and see'. The best decision we made together, was for TMS treatment. After just 5 weeks I'm happier, more social, and not 'stuck'. I wouldn't trade TMS treatment for anything!
in Old Saybrook, CT |
My experience with Dr. Calabrese so far has been positive. She is thorough, thinks outside the box when traditional course of treatment fails, and listens. I agree it does take a while to see her and scheduling can be tricky, but in my opinion I think the care is worth it.
in Hartford, CT |
Dr. Calabrese was recommended to me by my therapist who would like me to get medication for PTSD. I wanted to talk to her about changing my antidepressant. I did not get to see or talk to her. I was told that she wasn't taking new patients unless I was willing to be in a Ketamine trial. When I asked for information about the trial I was told that I had to look it up online. Seeing as how Dr. Calabrese knew absolutely nothing about me I found that irresponsible and unethical.
We apologize if there was a misunderstanding. We're not seeing new patients for medication management because that arm of our practice is full. But we are scheduling consults for new patients if your symptoms seem to be treatment resistant, if you feel you've run out of options, or if you're seeking cutting-edge alternatives to standard care -- like IV Ketamine Infusions and TMS. We'd be happy to determine if they might be right for you, and to collaborate with everyone involved in your care.
in Hartford, CT |
Very warm and easy to talk to.
Have you seen Dr. Lori Calabrese, MD?

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry