Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Lori Book, MD
Dr. Lori Book, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Colorado Springs, CO. She is 45 years old. Dr. Book is affiliated with Penrose-St. Francis Health Services and University of Colorado Health - Memorial Hospital Central.

1625 Medical Center Pt Ste 220

Colorado Springs, CO 80907

• Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Book

See how frequently Dr. Book performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Calcium Metabolism Disorders
Osteopenia
Thyroid Disease

Dr. Book's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Aspiration or Injection of Thyroid Cyst
  • Diabetes Counseling

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University Of Kansas / School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Med College Of Wisconsin
  • Med College Of Wisconsin
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Book has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Book does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Book and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Book's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Book to family and friends
2.3
Dr. Book's Performance
Colorado Springs, CO |
was going to dr book due to diabetes. waited 50% of visits over an hour. most time we talked about her life instead of the problem. i am a controlled diabetic after not seeing dr book and going to another dr. dr book advised me to never come back to her office. i was shocked that a dr would kick me out of her office. best thing i ever did was never step foot in her office as my diabetes is under control and i have a caring dr ow.
Colorado Springs, CO |
I have been seeing Dr. Book for 8 years and she has been wonderful. They have spent time explaining exactly what is going on with my thyroid and even have drawn pictures to show me how it works (or doesn't in my case). I have had great and genuine care from them.
Colorado Springs, CO |
This office is very unorganized and the staff is very rude. I was passed around several times for over a month trying to make an appointment with Dr. Book. First their staff blamed my pcp for not faxing orders, after several attempts they then proceeded to deny the referral because they don't handle that specific case and stated they had faxed a denial the month before but didn't know my name until today. This was very stressful on top of an already stressful medical diagnosis.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I have been seeing Dr. Book since 2004. She has helped me get off medicines and get the right prescriptions for me to a great quality of life. If you want a Doctor who is direct and will really help you, Dr. Book is the right doctor.
Elbert, CO |
I was the first appointment after lunch and it was still an hour wait. She was rude and did not listen to my history. She wasn't interested because she stated no other doctors in the area knew anything about thyroid. I only went to her because my other doctors dropped my insurance plan. After my appointment with her, I paid out of pocket to go back to my other doctors. Even seeing Lori Book for free was an overpayment. I will not go back and zero chance I will refer anyone to her.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I went to her for help and she said we needed to do tests but would never order them. Then after the second visit she refused to see me and never recommended me to anybody else. She said I have had my condition for probably a year and another month won't hurt. Later that month I ended up in the hospital and had a 20% chance of living. I am fighting to get back to normal no thanks to Dr. Book.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Can't say enough about how I appreciate Dr. Book. I fought with my Type 2 diabetes for 18 years before I met with Dr. Book. I really appreciate someone that will tell me exactly what I need to do to improve, no matter how much I don't want to do it, rather than tell me what I want to hear. I know it all pays the same for them but it's my life on the line after all. Dr. Book is a straight shooter and I couldn't be happier...even when I get my toes stepped on for letting things slack...
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I am not sure what kind of visit I expected after reading reviews, BUT, I cannot say enough about how wonderful I thought Dr. Book was. She spent almost 2 hours with me, without feeling rushed. She was very thorough, and gave me several options, including what she recommends without making me feel I had to choose her option. She was very easy to talk to, and I felt like she was listening!! I seriously wonder how she has these bad reviews. Very personable. I feel lucky to have found her.
in Monument, CO |
Dr. Lori is a great doctor. I like her because she is very upfront with you. She seems to be rough but that's what I need to keep me in line and control my diabetes. If you looking for a doctor who is going to tell you what you want to hear and make you feel good and still no improvement than you need to see someone else. To control diabetes you need a discipline and that's what she teach you. Front desk could be nicer and friendly.
Colorado Springs, CO |
been waiting since april 7th for lab orders even had home health care make contact with this office for labs and still to no avail. Going to give my diabetes care back to my primary who at least would order me supplies and labs. I am insulin dependent and have not tested or done insulin since feb. I give up on this office. Read past the people giving five stars would assume they are friends.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Met this dr after a ketoacidosis episode. She handed me a printout that she spent most of the visit doing, gave me log sheets and out the door. Tried calling this office for clarifying and never got a call back. Second visit i was chastised for not keeping correct log sheets, stated i must have a death wish, and if i wasn't going to do the log right then i need not come back.Needed testing supplies since only testing 2X upped to 4. Have not tested or received supplies since Feb. Hate going!!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Book is a phenomenal doctor, in the top 3 doctors I've ever seen. She is extremely competent and spent more than an hour in our appointment ensuring that all questions were answered. She provided a multiple page summary of the visit with clear instructions on home care and follow up visits. I was skeptical going in to see her due to the reviews on the Internet. Instead I was pleasantly surprised by the excellent care I received. I found her bedside manner to be very friendly.
in Monument, CO |
Dr. Book has no compassion for a patient. She looks at numbers only, not at the person. Her claim to fame is I care so much for my patients that I will no longer care for you if your numbers are not perfect. She fires patients! It is unbelievable. She should NOT be caring for patients. Time after time she would not even say hello when she entered the exam room, just merely yelled if the numbers were not perfect. Run away from this doctor. DO NOT go to this office.
in Colorado Springs |
As soon as we meet she made us feel very comfortable. I greatly appreciated that.I'm am glad I meet you, for myself instead of so of the negative comments that other have made.I can't speak bad from the office staff to my Doctor Lori Book Thank you very much from the Hubbard's.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Completely incompetent office, from the front desk clerk, to the billing office, to the doctor. They have lost lab results twice, and canceled appointments several times because the NP, or the Doctor had something come up. Most recent cancer screening is now 7 months OVERDUE.
Do not go to this place if you think respect is a big part of your healthcare experience. I was not even able to go to Doctor Lori Book because my healthcare provider is a nurse practitioner and they require a referral from an M.D. I, as a part of the healthcare field, am not only offended but also shocked by the actions of this healthcare provider and healthcare office. If I could give no stars, I would.
If there were stars to represent terrible experiences, I would have to mark several of them. I have been with Lori Book for more than 14 years. In the last three years, she has become more unpredictable and what I would consider incompetent. Lori threatened to call the police on me when I attempted to leave her office after she told me there was nothing else she could do for me. She has yelled and cursed at me. At this point, find someone else for your healthcare.
Have you seen Dr. Lori Book, MD?
Are you Dr. Book?

See our Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist at St. Mary - Corwin Medical Center

Visit Dr. Book