Dr. Lori A. Alfonse, DO

Dr. Lori A. Alfonse, DO

General Surgery | Female | 53 years old

As a fellowship trained breast surgeon, I focus my practice on the diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant breast disease. Rather than saying, "I treat breast disease," I say that "I take care of people with breast disease." I try to create a feeling of trust, give patients the knowledge they need to understand their own condition, and develop a plan that gives them hope. My passion is to make the experience of breast cancer as tolerable as possible. I do not merely care for cancer - or breasts. I take care of the whole person who happens to have been diagnosed with these problems. Incorporating a patients family "team" members, personal beliefs and history are a vital part of their treatment and overall success.Read more

LVPG Surgical Oncology-1240 Cedar Crest

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Alfonse's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Alfonse's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Alfonse

Dr. Alfonse accepts 9 insurance carriers

9 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Alfonse has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Alfonse

Dr. Alfonse's Review Details
4.5 based on 25 responses
Experience with Dr. Alfonse
Dr. Alfonse's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (23)
in Allentown, PA |
I have been a patient of Dr Alfonse for 3 years now. She did surgery on me 3 years ago. She made me feel comfortable and totally trusted her. I have seen her several times since. I don't understand the other reviews, she has always listened to me, been 100% caring, and even gave me her cell number in case I had questions/concerns. The staff has always been nice to me, never rude. I was so happy I chose her and would recommend her.
in Lehigh Valley, PA |
she was nice enough, but didn't really LISTEN to me.... she seemed to have ADD or something. The staff is 90% rude and blurts out personal information loud enough for the entire waiting room to hear.
Whitehall, PA |
I LOVED Dr. Alfonse. Her bedside manner is amazing and she treated me like a family member. I saw these other recent reviews and totally disagree - I would recommend her to anyone!
Macungie, PA |
went for second opinion. she was nice enough, but didn't seem competent to me. Alfonse looked NOTHING like these pics here on line. she also EXAMINED THE WRONG BREAST. The staff was also rude and idiotic. I was only person in waiting room and when I asked to have TV turned off receptionist got mad and told me that TV watchers had more rights than I did! check out person said NO thank you OR goodbye. this entire breast center is a money making joke. please go somewhere else
in Bethlehem, Pa |
Extremely uncaring and impersonal. Wanted to recommend treatment without consultation with no concerns for patient. Lack of empathy.
Have you seen Dr. Lori A. Alfonse, DO?
Are you Dr. Lori A. Alfonse, DO? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Alfonse

More General Surgery Specialists like Dr. Alfonse at Lehigh Valley Health Network

• General Surgery

• Neutropenia
  • Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Pancytopenia
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Uterine Cancer
  • Uterine Diseases

• Breast Reconstruction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine

The Bryn Mawr Hospital

Completed in 2007

The Pennsylvania State University

Graduated in 1989

Dr. Alfonse has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Alfonse does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alfonse and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Alfonse's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in General Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Alfonse

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Alfonse's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Alfonse

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Alfonse's Care Philosophy