Dr. Lori Alfonse, DO

Dr. Lori Alfonse, DO

General Surgery  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Lori Alfonse, DO is a general surgery specialist in Allentown, PA and has been practicing for 11 years. She specializes in general surgery and surgical oncology.

LVPG Surgical Oncology-1240 Cedar Crest

1240 S Cedar Crest Blvd Ste 205

Allentown, PA 18103

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Alfonse

Video

See how frequently Dr. Alfonse performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Breast Cancer
Cancer

Dr. Alfonse's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Alfonse "As a fellowship trained breast surgeon, I focus my practice on the diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant breast disease. Rather than saying, "I treat breast disease," I say that "I take care of people with breast disease." I try to create a feeling of trust, give patients the knowledge they need to understand their own condition, and develop a plan that gives them hope. My passion is to make the experience of breast cancer as tolerable as possible. I do not merely care for cancer - or breasts. I take care of the whole person who happens to have been diagnosed with these problems. Incorporating a patients family "team" members, personal beliefs and history are a vital part of their treatment and overall success."

• General Surgery
  • Surgical Oncology

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Osteopathic Board*

• Breast Reconstruction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• The Pennsylvania State University
  • Mercy Suburban Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • The Bryn Mawr Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Alfonse has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Alfonse does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alfonse and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Alfonse's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alfonse to family and friends

Dr. Alfonse's Performance

I absolutely LOVE Dr Alfonse!!! She is so easy to talk to and listens to my concerns and fears, and helps to put me at ease during the most difficult time in my life. She's excellent! I truly do not understand the negative reviews of her, she's the BEST!! I have had the best experience with her...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
I would recommend her caring, knowledgeable style to anyone. She is compassionate, caring and really cares for her patients.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
I have been a patient of Dr Alfonse for 3 years now. She did surgery on me 3 years ago. She made me feel comfortable and totally trusted her. I have seen her several times since. I don't understand the other reviews, she has always listened to me, been 100% caring, and even gave me her cell...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0
she was nice enough, but didn't really LISTEN to me.... she seemed to have ADD or something. The staff is 90% rude and blurts out personal information loud enough for the entire waiting room to hear.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option6thumbs down icon option3
went for second opinion. she was nice enough, but didn't seem competent to me. Alfonse looked NOTHING like these pics here on line. she also EXAMINED THE WRONG BREAST. The staff was also rude and idiotic. I was only person in waiting room and when I asked to have TV turned off receptionist got mad...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option8thumbs down icon option10
Are you Dr. Alfonse?

More General Surgery Specialists like Dr. Alfonse at Lehigh Valley Health Network

Surgical Oncology Specialist