Dr. Lorena Lewy-Alterbaum, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Female

Dr. Lorena Lewy-Alterbaum, MD

Dr. Lorena Lewy-Alterbaum, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Hollywood, FL. She is 58 years old. Dr. Lewy-Alterbaum is affiliated with Memorial Regional Hospital and Memorial Regional Hospital South.

...See Less

Dr. Lewy-Alterbaum's Experience

See how Dr. Lewy-Alterbaum's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lewy-Alterbaum

Dr. Lewy-Alterbaum accepts 16 insurance carriers

Dr. Lewy-Alterbaum is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Lewy-Alterbaum has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lewy-Alterbaum's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lewy-Alterbaum to family and friends
    2.9
    Dr. Lewy-Alterbaum's Performance
    in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
    I have used Dr Lorena Lewy Alterbaum for 17 years. I am very sastfied with her professionalism and medical knowledge. I feels she cares about me as a patient and person and my best interests are her main priority.
    in hollywood, fl |
    I cannot say enough good things about this doctor. She is professional, knowledgeable, kind and patient . LOVE Dr. Lewy-Alterbaum and her staff Thank you for all you do.
    in Hollywood |
    Really cares about her patients. Always up to date with the new advances in the entire endocrine field
    Miami, FL |
    I have been a patient of Dr Lewy Alterbaum for more than 15 years. I trust her knowledge and expertise. Although she may be very busy at times she always manages to attend to my needs and questions. The staff is very competent and attentive, they call all my prescriptions to the pharmacy here and in New York. My husband and daughter are also patients! Her advice and guidance are invaluable!!
    Miami, FL |
    Best Doctor ever! Caring, compassionate and very thorough. Good staff. Some waiting but I expected it and I can honestly say that I have had to wait a lot longer in other offices.
    Hollywood, FL |
    Although I understand that the practice may be busy, I still don't like the idea that I have to provide all my details to a PA first and get their opinion on what the prognosis is and what actions I need to take, and then I maybe get to speak to the Dr herself for a very short amount of time, and only if I ask for it. I think that is wrong. I dont like to have to ask the same questions over again. I am there to get consult from doctor, not a PA. That's what I'm paying for.
    Ft. Lauderdale FL |
    Dr. Lewy and her staff are extremely knowledgeable. They listen well and take time to understand their patients. Highly recommend.
    North Miami Beach, FL |
    You see the assistant more then you see her , no call back on medical or bloodwork i try giving her a fair chance but it's time to move on , at times charts and medical information don't get updated what's s great concern to me
    Ft Lauderdale, FL |
    Horrible!!!! Unprofessional rude and nasty. Have to give a start to submitt survey but you are -100
    in Hollywood, FL |
    I've been seeing Dr. Lewy-Alterbaum and her staff for a few years now. They show genuine compassion for their patients and wait times are usually pretty quick. Dr. Lewy-Alterbaum and her associate, Atou Diarra, always tell me what I need to hear and not what I want to hear. In my mind, that is the definition of a good doctor/practioner. The office staff are always friendly and helpful. In addition to myself, my mother also is a patient and has stellar reviews for this practice.
    in Hollywood, FL |
    Dr.lewy alterbaum was very rude it was my first time ever seeing her. I had no idea she was even the doctor she came in and said my condition was "unknown" because I didn't have every symptoms then still put me in that area. I would rather see the PA anyway then the doctor she's much more understanding with a better attitude...
    in Hollywood,FL |
    Horrible and that's why I changed my endocrinologist. First they treat you like a number. Second no one documents which can be risky to a person's health. And their excuse is a poor one. The most disturbing thing is that Dr. Lorena Lewy-Alterbaum does not see her patients even though she is in office. At every visit I saw her physician assistant. I only saw the doctor briefly if I demanded speaking with her. I know my insurance and my copay does not pay for me to see a physician assistant (PA).
    Miami, Fl |
    My prescription was suppose to be called in a month ago, after I had my appointment. I go to the pharmacy and no one had called my prescription in. I called the doctors office and asked them to please call the pharmacy to have the medicine sent in. I go to the pharmacy and, again, no one has called them. So here I am three days without my thyroid medicine. Also, the Israeli doctor wasn't to pleased to find out that I'm married to a Muslim. And that's a whole other story.
    in Hollywood, FL |
    As a first-time patient (my previous endocrinologist moved out of town), I waited about a half hour past my appt time to see the doctor; not bad, not great. The physicians assistant spent about 20 minutes or so with me. She seemed pretty knowledgeable. The doctor came in, said hello to me. She said to her PA that she had to leave in five minutes, asked her PA what she (the PA) was going to prescribe, and said goodbye. Goodbye is right... I will not be back.
    in Miami, FL |
    She spent about 3 minutes in total with me. and I am a new patient. For about an hour an intern , whose specialty not endocrinology, spent about an hour creating a chart, and so the doctor asked her questions about me.She explained that she was in a hurry and will spend more time with me next time ( I hope this will be the last time in this office).
    in Miami, FL |
    Dr Lewy-Alterbaum treats you not only as a patient but also as a person. She spends the time needed and more in answering all of your questions and explains the treatment plan to follow in details. I really wish that all of my doctors over the years had been as nice and knowledgeable as her!
    Have you seen Dr. Lorena Lewy-Alterbaum, MD?
    Are you Dr. Lewy-Alterbaum?

Dr. Lewy-Alterbaum's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Lewy-Alterbaum has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Lewy-Alterbaum's Board Certifications

• Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology

• Abnormal Thyroid
    • Adrenal Insufficiency
    • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
    • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
    • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
    • Craniopharyngioma
    • Hypoparathyroidism
    • Hypothyroidism
    • Lipid Disorders
    • Malaise and Fatigue
    • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
    • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

University C.E.T.E.C. / School of Medicine
      Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
      Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
      Mount Sinai Hospital

Dr. Lewy-Alterbaum does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lewy-Alterbaum and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism