Dr. Loren Schechter, MD

Dr. Loren Schechter, MD

Plastic Surgery  |
Dr. Loren Schechter, MD is a plastic surgery doctor who practices in Morton Grove, IL. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Schechter is affiliated with Weiss Memorial Hospital.

9000 Waukegan Rd Ste 210

Morton Grove, IL 60053

Learn about Dr. Schechter

See how frequently Dr. Schechter performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cancer
Skin Cancer
Gender Dysphoria

Dr. Schechter's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Plastic Surgery

• Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Juvéderm® Voluma® Injection
  • Liposuction
  • Mastectomy
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Orchiectomy
  • Phalloplasty
  • Radiesse® Injections
  • Reconstructive Surgery
  • Restylane® Injections
  • Sex-Reassignment Surgery
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Vaginoplasty

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Chicago/The Pritzker School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • The University Of Chicago Hospitals
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • The University Of Chicago Hospitals
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Schechter has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schechter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schechter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schechter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schechter to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Schechter's Performance
Chicago, IL |
I have been to this office twice, regarding my gender confirmation surgery (consultation and to have drainage tubes removed). The office staff is always super friendly and will automatically put any nerves you might have at ease. Dr. Schechter himself is a quiet guy but very knowledgeable. If you're someone suffering from gender dysphoria and are looking for a surgeon, I'd recommend going here.
in New Albany, MS |
Very professional, friendly and caring staff. I truly believe he and his staff have the patience best interest at heart.
Peoria, IL |
I greatly appreciate the care I received from Dr. Schechter and his whole staff. Dr. Schechter is very compassionate, provided good consultation, and applied his knowledge and experience to give me a great result. I was impressed as how he set expectations so that my results were understood. I am very happy with them. The medical staff at his office are kind and compassionate. I would highly recommend Dr. Schechter.
in Sturtevant, WI |
My husband,daughter and I had the best experience today. We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist. Dr. Schechter, and his medical staff were top notch. Dr. Schechter, has a wonderful bedside manner, and he gave us the best consultation for our daughter inquiring gender confirmation surgery and facial feminization surgery. We felt very welcome, and we are looking forward to having our daughters surgeries with Dr. Schechter and his surgical team. Thank you so much.
in Elmwood Park, IL |
The consultation was great. The office is really nice and it's in a friendly area. To be honest, this is a small thing, but the fact that there is easy & free parking and that the office is not in a big high-rise makes it great for follow-up visits. That's hard to find in Chicago. Dr. Schechter's PA and assistant surgeon joined us. Dr. Schechter explained surgical options, answered questions, and went over different procedures. I had the chance to look at surgical photos and ask any questions.
in st louis, mo |
Visited with Dr. Schechter yesterday. The office staff was awesome Dr. Schechter very professional and understanding,we made some plans and I am totally impressed! Can't wait to move forward!
in Iowa |
I had a wonderful consultation with Dr Schechter he was very informative and pleasant his office staff is great and I am looking forward to having Vaginoplasty with him very soon
Glasford, IL |
I had a consultation with Dr. Schechter in late 2016. My biggest complaint is his office staff. Every single person I spoke to except for one lady (Tonya) was rude and cold. Dr. Schechter's bed side manner wasn't welcoming or comforting, but I am guessing that is just his personality. After dealing with his office staff not returning phone calls and not having answers once I finally called enough times I decided Dr. Schechter was not the surgeon for me. I will say Tonya was great!
in Mount Pleasant, MI |
After much heartache, anger, and emotional devastation caused by several complications. Dr. Schechter has my full confidence! Every day in hospital Dr. Schechter showed up. That is the direct opposite of what can be said for other physicians involved. After a year and one half, and multiple procedures. I know this to be a doctor who cares about his patients, their families, our results after procedures. Thank you Dr. Schechter!
My results are fine - not good, not horrible. If you are someone who likes to stay informed about your treatment, to know why a certain approach is preferred, or to just ask questions - this is not the doctor for you. In my experience, questions were treated as an annoyance, not part of standard patient care. The office manager is also VERY unpleasant. She's great up until you commit to scheduling then she is unhelpful & rude, at best. If I had to do it over, I would have chosen another doc.
in Portland, OR |
I have never been so disrespected by staff in any office, medical or otherwise, then I was by Dr. Schechter's staff. They ignored me, lied to me, refused to admit they lied to me, and were completely unapologetic when they made mistakes with very real costs to me. They had no compassion or understanding regarding the gravity of choosing a doctor for GRS. Dr. Schechter seemed relatively nice at first, but when I actually needed to speak to him, he refused to speak to me directly.
in Oakbrook Terrace, IL |
THE BEST!!!
Have you seen Dr. Loren Schechter, MD?
Are you Dr. Schechter?