Dr. Long Quan, MD

DermatologyMaleAge 53

Dr. Long Quan, MD is a Dermatologist in Columbia, SC. Dr. Quan has more experience with Mohs Surgery and Skin Cancer & Excision than other specialists in his area. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Quan to book an appointment.

Carolinas Dermatology Medical Grp

1706 Saint Julian Pl Columbia, SC 29204

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Dermatologists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for South Carolina

Frequently Treated by Dr. Quan

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Quan treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Quan treats other conditions, please contact the office at (803) 771-7506.

Mohs Surgery

Mohs surgery is a procedure that treats some types of skin cancer by removing a precise amount of tissue in order to remove cancer cells while sparing as much healthy tissue as possible.Compare with other Mohs Surgery specialists.

Dr. Quan is experienced in the area of Mohs Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Similar Providers
Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer
Mohs Defect Reconstruction Surgery
Mohs Surgery
Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
Normal
High
Very High

Skin Cancer & Excision

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers of the skin, including melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma.Compare with other Skin Cancer & Excision specialists.

Dr. Quan is experienced in the area of Skin Cancer & Excision. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 16 conditions and procedures

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Melanoma Screening
  • Mohs Defect Reconstruction Surgery
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Mole Evaluation
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Parapsoriasis
  • Soft Tissue Tumor Removal
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Warts

Dr. Quan accepts

Dr. Quan accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Quan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Quan

4.3

Dr. Quan?
  • Office environment (23)
  • Staff friendliness (23)
  • Explained conditions well (22)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (4)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (4)
Dr. Quan is great! He performed Mohs surgery on my face to remove skin cancer and did an amazing job. I required 10 stitches and he placed them in a strategic area along my nose so as not to be as noticeable. 1 year later and you can't even see where he did the surgery. I am very grateful for Dr. Quan's expertise.
Nov 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Long Quan, MD?
I had a MOHS procedure done by Dr Quan and his staff. They were professional, courteous, and did a Damn good job. I’d recommend them for any similar work. Thank you Dr. Quan.
Robert – Sep 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Long Quan, MD?
Excellent doctor and clinic! Dr. Quan performed two surgeries on my face, over a month ago. Swelling, bruising, and discomfort were minimal and the scar is gradually disappearing. He called the night of surgery, to check on me, which I found really thoughtful. His nurses clearly love working with him, and together they make these difficult procedures easy and stress free. I would highly recommend him!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Rene in Columbia, SC – Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Long Quan, MD?
Dr Quan did a great job with the MHOS procedure near my eye last December. I had 13 stitches and there is no scare. Today he saw my husband for the same procedure and when he looked at my face even Dr Quan couldn’t see his handywork. He is an excellent surgeon!!
Terrie Snowden – Jun 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Long Quan, MD?
Dr. Quan removed a Squamous Cell Carcinoma from my collar bone area. I would definitely use him again for any procedure. He and his staff were very courteous and helped me relax. I didn’t feel any pain even after the shot use for deadening wore off. I even saw him go into the waiting room to reassure a patients family.
Linda Patrick in Florence , SC – Jun 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Long Quan, MD?
Dr. Quan performed the Mohs procedure, and I couldn't be more pleased with him, his nurse, and my results! After 3 months, my facial scar is almost undetectable! He and his staff do their best to make you feel comfortable under stressful circumstances. Aftercare instructions are clear and simple to follow. I appreciate Dr. Quan's straightforward approach balanced with caring enough to contact you in the evening to check on you and give his cell number should you need him. Definitely will be a satisfied lifelong patient!
Apr 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Long Quan, MD?
The.Best! Wouldn't consider going to anyone else. I appreciate his straightforward approach, yet balanced with caring enough to give you a follow-up call in the evening and his cell phone number if you need him. Follow-up procedures were very clear and easy to follow.
Apr 25, 2019
Surgery...Great Dr
Mar 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Long Quan, MD?
Dr Long Kuon is the absolute best ever. His expertise is exceptional he takes time to listen too you, he is very efficient and works With you in a kind and friendly manner, additionly his staff is the best. I can’t say enough good things about my experience with Dr. Long Quon and staff
Daniel Roszelle in Lexington , SC – Feb 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Long Quan, MD?
He is one of the best doctors I have seen in many years. he removed a basal cell cancer from my nose and unfortunately it had went so deep he had to do some reconstructive surgery to cover where the cancer removal was very deep. I did not expect that to happen and was very anxious about having this surgery done. He and his nurse that he chooses very wiselyhelped me to stay calm through a surgery I certainly wasn't expecting. He called me later in the afternoon to make sure I was doing okay.
Sandy in Marion , SC – Jan 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Long Quan, MD?
I was worried about seeing Dr.Quan at first because of reading some of the reviews. I must say I’m glad I went away. He is the BEST! His knowledge of skin is amazing. He’s very professional, friendly, and he listens to your concerns. He didn’t prescribe me some top dollar prescription just because. He suggested some over the counter products that are clearing my acne and acne scars. I’m so pleased with his work and definitely recommend him to others.
Colby Oliphant in Columbia , SC – Jun 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Long Quan, MD?
I appreciate the skill an professionalism I have experienced as a patient of Dr. Quan. I had a melanoma removed immediately in his office almost 5 years ago. He chose a wonderful surgeon for reconstructive work. The experience was very scary and I credit his skills and caring nature helping me get through it all. I am grateful to have him taking care of me for yearly check ups hopefully for many more years.
Sherelyn in Columbia – Jun 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Long Quan, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Quan for a thumb nail biopsy for possible melanoma in April of 2018(results were negative). I live in Hephzibah, GA., about an hour and a half's drive from Dr. Quan's office. Had whole nail removed. From the moment Dr. Quan stepped into the exam room, most of my apprehensions were allayed. He was very personable, professional and jovial, as was his assistants. Gave me his contact information TO CALL if I had problems. Happily assisted me with any concerns or needs. GREAT!!!
  • Long wait times
James L. Martin in Hephzibah, GA – May 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Long Quan, MD?
Dr Quan Is highly unprofessional and old fashioned. I saw him for a consult some time ago and he spoke to my husband rather than me and treated me like I wasn't even in the room. He acts like women do not matter
Columbia, SC – Feb 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Long Quan, MD?
I had MOHS surgery on my ear and it was extensive and complicated. A skin graft was required. I found his staff to be GREAT and I found Dr. Quan to be GREAT. I would heartily recommend him to anyone. After surgery I had some concerns and texted a pic of my ear to him. He responded to my texts (one after hours within an hour). AWESOME SERVICE
Joe in Columbia, SC – Jan 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Long Quan, MD?
A few years ago due to an insurance change I wound up with Dr. Quan. He does good work and I had several procedures over time. He is a kind of rubber stamp operator though and does not refer to patients records prior to treatment. The last time I saw him he basically blew my concerns off for a rubber stamp approach. I put off treatment and am now looking for someone other than him, he simply does not listen or seem to care.
Henry Richardson in Columbia, SC – Nov 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Long Quan, MD?
Great guy. The biggest issue here is getting an appointment with him. The majority of time he is performing Mohs surgery and has little time to see other patients. Their office will try to pass you off to their PA, who I have no use for.
Mike D in Columbia, SC – May 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Long Quan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Quan?

• Dermatology