Dr. Locke P. Keney, MD

Dr. Locke P. Keney, MD

Internal Medicine | Male | 42 years old

Centura Health Physician Group Primary Care Porter, Denver, CO
Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence

Dr. Keney is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Keney's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Keney's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Internal Medicinenull

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Keney

Dr. Keney accepts 6 insurance carriers

6 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Keney has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Keney

Dr. Keney's Review Details
      4.1 based on 25 responses
      Experience with Dr. Keney
      Dr. Keney's Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (21)
      in Denver, CO |
      Listens to my medical concerns and talks through each in detail. No drama.
      in Englewood, CO |
      Dr. Keney takes the time to answer our questions, thoroughly explain lab tests and discuses treatment options. He referred me to an excellent surgeon for a knee replacement and has made referrals for several specialties my wife has needed. I served as a Paramedic for 34 years prior to retiring and am thankful Dr. Keney was still accepting new patients when my wife and I had to find a doctor that would accept our insurance. I would recommend Dr. Keney to anyone looking for an outstanding MD.
      in Greenwood Village, CO |
      I highly recommend Dr. Keney. I find him knowledgeable and sincerely interested in my health. He doesn't rush me out of the office and he listens to my needs and offers suggestions. He's a helpful and caring doctor!
      Denver, CO |
      If you seek to understand your medical condition, Dr Keney is the MD for you. He is a good listener, is extremely sharp, and happily takes the time to explain all things medical in laymen's terms. Keney has been my PCP for 2 years now, and I am very very happy with his care.
      in Denver, CO |
      Dr. Keney is the best PCP I have ever had. He listens, he knows what my conditions are and he is always available online to answer questions. When necessary, he draws a picture--in this office it was on the paper on the table. In the old offices, it was on a whiteboard that was hung on the wall. He does try to make you understand what is going on with you, Antoinette is wonderful, too. She is always cheery and listens to what you say. I have recommended this office to several people.
      in Denver, CO |
      I like Dr. Keney because he listens to what I have to say. He gives me information, albeit rapid, to help make a decision. He has my best interests in setting up any treatments or medication needs.
      in Denver, CO |
      Dr Keney has been my primary doctor for several years. When I first started seeing him I had several health issues. We have worked together to get them under control. We have had to deal with drug side effects and drug interaction along the way. Which has not been easy. Dr Keney has been very caring and supportive in trying to improve my health. He has always listened to any my concern about my health.
      in Denver, CO |
      I have been so pleased with Dr. Keney that I have already referred a patient (Barbara Walton) to him. He is open-minded, explains ideas clearly and intelligently, and maintains eye contact with me, letting his "scribe" take notes and look at the computer.
      in Littleton, CO |
      I was quite ill, headache, no energy very sore throat, heavy congestion, etc : saw Dr Keney ... he is always attentive, focused on me as a needy patient, makes a careful exam and gives me the assurance that I am in good hands. This review is done a couple of days after seeing him and I am on the mend and am taking meds as he prescribed. I recommend him to others ... he is an excellent Doc!!
      in Denver, CO |
      In 2013, my mother was referred to Dr. Keney's practice by a specialist due to her complicated condition. He is sensitive to the patient's preferences, informative about consequences and an excellent coordinator for the numerous follow-ups, specialists and hospital stays my mother has endured. His practice really excels in organization, something that appears to be missing between EMR and HIPAA regulations. I do and will continue to recommend this doctor as an exceptional PCP.
      in Denver, CO |
      I've had Dr. Keney for about three years. I mainly go there for my annual physical. He likes to talk about himself and his qualifications and tell you how much smarter he is than other doctors. During one physical he took 5 minutes to tell me why I didn't need the digital rectal exam. I've never had a doc skip that unpleasant little part of the exam before. I cannot understand why he didn't just shut up and get it over with.
      Have you seen Dr. Keney?
      Are you Dr. Keney? Post a response on your personalized profile.

• Preventive Medicine

Why It Matters: Dr. Keney's Board Certifications

• Asthma
      • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
      • Depression
      • Emphysema
      • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
      • Heart Disease

• Immunization
      • Pap Smear
      • Physical Examination
      • Spirometry

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine

Graduated in 2002

Baylor University

Completed in 2003

University of Colorado Health Sciences Center

Completed in 2005

Texas A&M University / Main Campus

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Keney has no media or publications listed.

• Japanese
      • Vietnamese
      ×

Dr. Keney's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Internal Medicine
      • Board certified in Internal Medicine
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Keney

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Keney's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Keney

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Keney's Care Philosophy

Patient-Centric, Collaboration, Communication and Care. Our physicians consider our patients to be valuable members of our care team. We believe in collaborating with patients and their primary care physicians and physician specialists to provide the best care. We feel that clear communication is essential for optimal coordination of care. Our ultimate goal is to provide the highest quality of care for our patients.