Dr. Lloyd Hey, MD

Dr. Lloyd Hey, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Hey Clinic Scoliosis/Spine Sgy 3404 Wake Forest Rd Ste 203 Raleigh, NC 27609 Get Directions

Dr. Lloyd Hey, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Raleigh, NC. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Hey is affiliated with WakeMed Raleigh Campus and Duke Health Raleigh Hospital.

Dr. Hey's Experience

See how Dr. Hey's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hey

Dr. Hey accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hey has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hey to family and friends
Dr. Hey's Performance
in Baton Rouge, Louisiana |
Without a doubt, Dr Hey would be the only recommended surgeon for any back revision surgery, regardless of age group.
Raleigh, NC |
I met with Dr. Hey today for my initial visit. I had 4 previous spinal fusion surgeries 17 years ago and lately developed problems with my lumbar spine. Dr. Hey examined me and reviewed my scans. He took his time and explained everything to me. He answered all of my questions and then some. His knowledge, patience and caring attitude confirmed for me that I had made the right choice in choosing a doctor. Moving forward I am confident that I am in good hands.
in Raleigh, NC |
Excellent is the work that comes to mind. Dr. Hey has an easy going manner that makes you feel at ease. He explained the plan and alternatives very well and made sure you understood the best methodology to correct the issue. In this instance it was spinal curvature and fractures in the thorax vertebra and my back as a whole. Couldn't have had a better physician.
Dublin, GA |
From Georgia. On 12 /30/2017 , my 16yo athletic daughter performed search to find her surgeon for her 51degree thoracic idiopathic scoliosis. She found Dr.Hey's website & asked me to have a look. I was quite impressed with Dr. Hey's credentials and expertise do out of curiosity I clicked "appointment request" and completed the online forms. Twenty minutes later my cellphone rang and I was almost speechless when the voice on the other end said "this is Dr. Lloyd Hey".
Dr. Hey does great work, but if you are looking for bedside manner then look elsewhere. Almost no face-time after surgery, and be prepared to be pushed out of the hospital, no matter what the manual says. The office staff is always unfriendly, whether in person, on the phone, or even through emails. The stay after at Duke Raleigh hospital was also miserable, nurses were not attentive to even obvious needs. Again, he did a great job, but everything outside of his work was not a good experience.
We are so sorry that you have had this experience and are interested in talking with you. Our patient's care is always our number one priority so if we can improve our systems in any way we always want that opportunity. Please give us a call to discuss-Thanks in advance for your help!
Raleigh, NC |
Dr Hey is a wonderful physician and a genuinely caring & interested person. His staff is second to none in their efficiency & attendance to your issues. Conservative management after hardware failure has been the key to my strength & increased quality of life today.
in Landrum, SC |
Dr Hey was very informative and helpful. Took time to explain my condition and treatment options. Answered all questions and did not rush me thru the appointment. I wish all Doctors was like Dr. Hey.
in Raleigh, NC |
You couldn't ask for a better surgeon for scoliosis. I developed scoliosis as a young teen and was told I was too old to have it corrected. I suffered all my life with back problems. When I was 58 Dr. Hey corrected my spine (as best as possible as old bones don't move as well as young ones). Doctors and therapists who see my x-rays are AMAZED. Dr. Hay is amazing!
in High Point, NC |
Performed our daughter's surgery for Scheuermann's kyphosis in May 2012. Excellent care, excellent results! She is doing fantastic and has NO pain. We would highly recommend Dr. Hey.
in Wake Forest, NC |
I was given the chance to ask as many questions about my procedure as I wanted and never felt hurried. Was given phone numbers of Dr. Hey and all the staff. I would highly recommend to others. My neck feels so much better.
in Apex, NC |
Top notch medical care. Dr. Hey is very aware of all the issues and is super careful when deciding on treatment for our two teenage daughters. He and is PA are always able to completely answer my questions and give us all the alternatives to consider. I trust his advice completely.
in Louisburg, NC |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Hey and his stuff. Dr. Hey and his staff are very kind and very skilled in what they do. I would highly recommend Dr. Hey for Scoliosis surgery.
in Angier, NC |
Love Dr. Hey! He took time with us and answered all of our questions. God bless him! We are lucky to have found Hey Clinic!
in Raleigh, NC |
Very few people (let alone Drs) listen to understand, most listen to reply. Dr. Hey is an example for us all to follow. A real listener, a gifted surgeon, an authentic human. Loving, caring, giving, attentive, and open. I've never been more pleased with a Physician. Thank You for all you do. Keep Smiling Rossi
in Fayetteville, NC |
Words cannot express how grateful I am to have found Dr. Hey to repair my spine. He addressed all my questions in a professional manner, and gave me much peace about my procedure. He and his staff are very courteous and accommodating. He is truly a blessing!
in Shallotte, NC |
Excellent experience from Dr. Hey and his entire staff! Worked with us to accommodate all our needs! Wouldn't go anywhere else! Thank you so much!
in Beaufort, NC |
Dr. Hey is the best. I had been doing pain management for 3 years and finally reached the point I couldn't go on like that. My scoliosis was increasing and the lumbar area of my spine was degenerating and the arthritis was severe. In March, Dr. Hey performed a four level fusion and now, eight weeks later I'm doing great. No pain down my leg at all and I'm walking much straighter. I really wish I had done it three years ago and not gone through all that pain.
in Raleigh NC |
Dr. Hey and his team of staff were willing to meet with me last minute to help me navigate through whether or not I needed back surgery. They were more concerned with helping me make the right decision than making money off of me and had a very detailed presentation prepared of what exactly was going on with my back. Dr. Hey was very professional, knowledgable, and honest. He even asked if he could pray for me before I left.
in Scotia, SC |
Dr. Hey provides expert care. He has excellent communication with his patients. He is able to describe procedures fully using models of the spine and the hardware used in the spinal fusion. The post surgical follow-up appointments provided needed care, information and encouragement.
in Salisbury, NC |
Love the Hey Clinic. Dr. Hey spent a lot of time with us and answered all of our questions. He made us feel very comfortable and confident in his abilities. We definitely made the right decision to see him and will recommend him to anyone we know.
in Fuquay Varina, NC |
Staff is always very supportive. Dr hey always takes his time and answers all of our questions. Besides being an expert surgeon, he made a point to talk with our daughter about her situation and her surgery (3 years ago at 12 yrs old). It is clearly very important to him that the child feels safe and comfortable with him. That made a huge difference to our daughter and to us.
in Greenville, NC |
Dr. Hey goes above and beyond in his practice and with his patients. I am so happy that he is my surgeon , and for his before and after care. He is a blessing.
in Roxboro |
Doctor Hey is a fantastic surgeon. He not only takes care of his patients disease process but he takes care of his patients in a holistic way. Doctor Hey and his staff will welcome you with open arms and make sure every need is met. I would recommend the Hey Clinic to anyone in need of spinal care. Thanks Doctor Hey for making such a positive difference in my life! - Nikki Page
Thank you for the difference you have made in my life! I wouldn't trust my back to anyone else!
in Raleigh, NC |
I'm so happy we've chosen Dr Hey for my daughters surgery. It was a success and everything went perfectly. The whole staff was pleased to help us and answered any questions we had. My daughter has been born again!
in Chapel Hill, NC |
Dr. Hey was great! Very informative and personable and provided a very well rounded course of treatment for my son. Nutrition and exercise were key points, and my son really enjoyed the experience, and he has some high standards! Would recommend Dr. Hey to anyone with scoliosis and/or spine needs.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Hey listened, answered my questions, and educated me about my condition. While not all good news, I was confident about the course forward as a result of his 2nd opinion. From here on in, no one else sees my back.
Whitakers |
Dr.Hey and his Staff are amazing and a blessing! When you walk in the office, they make you feel at home. Dr. Hey is a humble, knowledgeable, loving, and caring physician that humbly honors his duties to care for his clients. My daughter recently had surgery and it was a scary experience for all of us, yet Dr.Hey's process and rituals before and after surgery were amazing.We recommend him and His Staff for anyone. God blessed this man and his Staff with gifts of love, patience, and experience.
in Abingdon, VA |
Excellent experience and results. Couldn't be more pleased with Dr Hey and his staff!
in Marion, NC |
Dr. Hey is the best! He did my surgery for kyphosis n 2002 and I've never had an ounce of trouble. When I was in an accident recently with back pain, I disregarded advice to go to a prominent physician near my home. Instead, I came back to Dr. Hey, even though it was a 4-hour drive each way. I was so glad I did. He is a super doctor and not knife-happy. I've known many people who have had multiple revisions due to problems and complications from their original back surgery. Me? Happy; 1 surgery.
in Fuquay Varina, NC |
Dr Hey has been my spine doc since 2007, I am able to see him with issues about my neck and back unrelated to my surgeries. I trust Dr Hey, his counsel, his judgement.
in Greenville, SC |
On Feb 4, 2016 you gave us this review: 5.0 /5 The best there is! Thanks for being there for me.
in Edenton, North Carolina |
My second trip. To the hey clinic. So nice to be treated with compassion and care. Will certainly be going back and recommending them to anyone I think they might be able to help
in Greensboro, NC |
Very pleased they have hired on a brace person full time at the clinic. Our daughter loves it here. Always a positive experience, with all concerns being addressed.
Have you seen Dr. Lloyd Hey, MD?

Compare Dr. Hey

Dr. Hey's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Hey has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hey's Board Certifications

Brigham and Women's Hospital
    Massachusetts General Hospital
    Duke University Hospital

Completed in 1995

Dr. Hey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Fusion