Dr. Lisa Tolnitch, MD

Dr. Lisa Tolnitch, MD

Surgical Oncology  |
Dr. Lisa Tolnitch, MD is a surgical oncology specialist in Raleigh, NC and has been practicing for 30 years. She graduated from University Of Louisville School Of Medicine in 1983 and specializes in surgical oncology.

4101 Macon Pond Rd

Raleigh, NC 27607

Learn about Dr. Tolnitch

See how frequently Dr. Tolnitch performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Breast Cancer
Cancer

Dr. Tolnitch's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Tolnitch I am a breast cancer surgeon. Like many doctors I started in medicine because I wanted to help people. I've always been a problem solver so I think thats why surgery particularly appeals to me. Early in my career no one was specializing in breast cancer. I started developing an expertise on that and then dedicated my whole practice to breast cancer. I think patients should choose Duke for breast care because we bring the most expertise to the table not only in surgery but also in oncology radiation and radiology. Duke has a longstanding history of comprehensive cancer work that includes research and clinical trials. Outside of work I enjoy riding horses being outside and gardening. I also run a non-profit foundation called Pretty in Pink that raises money for breast cancer surgery chemotherapy and radiation for local patients who cant afford treatment.

• Surgical Oncology

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • University Nc
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Unc Hospitals
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Tolnitch has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tolnitch does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tolnitch and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tolnitch's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tolnitch to family and friends
3.9
based on 13 total reviews (2 with comments)

Dr. Tolnitch's Performance

Scheduling
Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

Dr Tolnitch is an excellent, dedicated surgeon. With a diagnosis of breast cancer, Dr Tolnitch was the first Dr I contacted. Her exceptional reputation was well documented, and I was glad to have an experienced professional direct my care. With 5 tumors scattered through both breasts, she...more
I went to see Dr. Tolnitch when my mammogram came back showing a shadow in my breast. She examined both of my breasts and explained to me why the shadow was on the mammogram. I appreciated how she took time with me instead of making me feel like I was just another body.

Are you Dr. Tolnitch?