Dr. Lisa Oldson, MD

Internal Medicine | Female

Dr. Lisa Oldson, MD
Board certified in both Internal Medicine and Obesity Medicine, I bring years of experience to my weight management practice. While medical weight loss typically involves diet, exercise and behavioral changes, there are other tools in the toolbox including FDA approved weight loss medications and referrals for bariatric surgery, when appropriate. Americans spend more than $60 billion annually trying to lose weight. I am committed to not selling products that might take advantage of those who would pay anything to address the chronic disease of obesity. No products. No gimmicks that promise unsustainable results. Definitely no shaming. Instead, I use the latest scientific data along with motivational interviewing and counseling to guide each individual down the smartest path toward weight management and better health.

Dr. Oldson's Care Philosophy

After 15 years as a primary care physician at Northwestern Medical Group (formerly Northwestern Memorial Physicians Group), I retrained and obtained board certification in Obesity Medicine. Overweight and obesity are critical health problems in our country. Obesity contributes to heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, arthritis, infertility, sleep apnea, depression, etc. By treating the underlying weight issue, I address these complications at the root of the problem. While nutrition, movement and behavioral changes are key tools in my toolbox, medication and referral for weight loss surgery are other modalities for managing weight. My approach is collaborative between the patient, myself and the referring health care provider in order to address weight loss from every angle. Identifying patient motivation and playing off a person's strengths can lead to successful weight loss and maintenance. The newest research and data on weight loss guides me in my approach to individualized treatment. I focus on data driven recommendations from the medical literature, as opposed to the newest and latest fads. In my private practice, I do not take insurance, but will provide clients with an encounter form that they can submit to obtain out of network benefits.

Dr. Oldson's Experience

See how Dr. Oldson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Oldson

Dr. Oldson accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Oldson is now accepting new patients
    Oldson Medical, LTD5250 Old Orchard Rd Ste 300
    Skokie, IL 60077
    Saturday
    (773) 814-8598Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Oldson has admitting privileges.

Dr. Oldson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Oldson to family and friends
    Dr. Oldson's Performance
    in Glenview, IL |
    I have had the pleasure of working with Dr. Oldson for 2 years now. She is the most compassionate doctor that I have ever encountered when it comes to weight loss. We meet every week to walk our follow up appointments and come up with strategies for the upcoming events. Something I learned from Dr. Oldson was that even a failure wasn't truly a failure. It was a real life event that needed to be addressed so that I knew how to handle it next time. She is always available through email!
    in Deerfield, IL |
    Dr. Oldson is an outstanding doctor! She is bright, professional, caring, compassionate, and thorough. Dr. Lisa Oldson is "saving my life" in many ways through wellness, medical advice, nutrition advice, counseling and "life coaching". Anyone in need of medical, wellness, nutrition - call Dr. Oldson today!!
    in Chicago, IL |
    I have had the great pleasure of being a patient under Dr. Oldson's care and would wholeheartedly recommend her to others. She is compassionate, nonjudgmental, and takes time to get to know me and my issues. Our time is never rushed and I feel like she really listens, explains things, is supportive, and genuinely interested in helping me achieve better health. She has been a tremendously positive resource for me and her support has helped me make lifestyles choices leading to greater wellness.
    in Waco, TX |
    Dr. Oldson was readily available to answer any questions I had. She was incredibly personable and I loved how knowledgeable she was about my health issues.
    Have you seen Dr. Lisa Oldson, MD?
    Are you Dr. Oldson?

Dr. Oldson says...

Board certified in both Internal Medicine and Obesity Medicine, I bring years of experience to my weight management practice. While medical weight loss typically involves diet, exercise and behavioral changes, there are other tools in the toolbox including FDA approved weight loss medications and referrals for bariatric surgery, when appropriate. Americans spend more than $60 billion annually trying to lose weight. I am committed to not selling products that might take advantage of those who would pay anything to address the chronic disease of obesity. No products. No gimmicks that promise unsustainable results. Definitely no shaming. Instead, I use the latest scientific data along with motivational interviewing and counseling to guide each individual down the smartest path toward weight management and better health.

Dr. Oldson's Care Philosophy

After 15 years as a primary care physician at Northwestern Medical Group (formerly Northwestern Memorial Physicians Group), I retrained and obtained board certification in Obesity Medicine. Overweight and obesity are critical health problems in our country. Obesity contributes to heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, arthritis, infertility, sleep apnea, depression, etc. By treating the underlying weight issue, I address these complications at the root of the problem. While nutrition, movement and behavioral changes are key tools in my toolbox, medication and referral for weight loss surgery are other modalities for managing weight.

Dr. Oldson says...

Currently, there are not many physicians with board certification from the American Board of Obesity Medicine. I encourage those who are looking for scientifically sound medical weight loss to see me or another board certified Obesity Medicine specialist. I see patients who range from mildly overweight (BMI >25) to class III obesity (BMI > 40).

Dr. Oldson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
    •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Oldson has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Oldson's Board Certifications

Completed in 1997

University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign

Graduated in 1990

• Other Education
      Chief Medical Resident Rush Presbyterian St. Lukes Medical Center Rush University 1997-1998

Completed in 1998

Dr. Oldson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Oldson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obesity Medicine

Dr. Oldson does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Oldson and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.