Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Lisa Oldson, MD
Board certified in both Internal Medicine and Obesity Medicine, I bring years of experience to my weight management practice. While medical weight loss typically involves diet, exercise and behavioral changes, there are other tools in the toolbox including FDA approved weight loss medications and referrals for bariatric surgery, when appropriate. Americans spend more than $60 billion annually trying to lose weight. I am committed to not selling products that might take advantage of those who would pay anything to address the chronic disease of obesity. No products. No gimmicks that promise unsustainable results. Definitely no shaming. Instead, I use the latest scientific data along with motivational interviewing and counseling to guide each individual down the smartest path toward weight management and better health.

5250 Old Orchard Rd Ste 300

Skokie, IL 60077

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Oldson

Dr. Oldson's Experience

Dr. Oldson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

This content was provided by Dr. Oldson "After 15 years as a primary care physician at Northwestern Medical Group, I obtained board certification in Obesity Medicine. Obesity contributes to heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, arthritis, infertility, sleep apnea, depression, PCOS, etc. By treating the underlying weight issue, I address these complications at the root of the problem. While nutrition, movement and behavioral changes are key tools in my toolbox, medication and referral for weight loss surgery are other modalities for managing weight.

My approach is collaborative between the patient, myself and the referring health care provider. Identifying patient motivation and playing off a person's strengths can lead to successful weight loss and maintenance. The newest research and data on weight loss guides me in my approach to individualized treatment. I focus on data driven recommendations from the medical literature, as opposed to the newest and latest fads. "

• Obesity Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Binge Eating Disorder
  • Generalized Obesity
  • Overweight

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1990
  • Rush Medical College Of Rush University
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Rush Presby St Lukes Mc-Rush Med Coll
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Rush Presby St Lukes Mc-Rush Med Coll
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Chief Medical Resident Rush Presbyterian St. Lukes Medical Center Rush University 1997-1998
    Other Education | Completed 1998

Dr. Oldson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Oldson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Oldson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Oldson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Oldson to family and friends
Dr. Oldson's Performance
in Chicago, IL |
I have worked with Dr. Lisa Oldson for about two years. She is well grounded in the most current obesity research and advises what is shown to work. Her deep knowledge of how the body processes food has been very helpful to me. I find her supportive and practical. When I used medication, I was glad that she monitored my vitals and general health with an experienced physician’s eye. She counsels lifestyle changes that work and will change my long-term health outlook. I highly recommend her.
Highland Park, Il |
I highly recommend Dr. Lisa Oldson. She takes a research supported approach to developing a customized plan. The plan she developed for me fits well for my life. I've seen results in less than two months that I have never experienced before. In addition she's kind and warm and allocates her time generously.
in Chicago, IL |
I have struggled with binge eating disorder (BED) for several years and have gone to various therapists, 12 step meetings and outpatient programs with limited success. Since I have been seeing Dr. Oldson, I have learned how to balance nutritional needs while still enjoying food. I am developing a healthy and sustainable lifestyle based on evidence based data as well as Dr. Oldson's expert insight into weight loss and BED challenges. Best of all I have lost significant weight and kept it off!
Wilmette, IL |
Dr. Oldson is excellent. First of all she is very caring. It is easy to get an appointment. She is very thorough with her questions and explanations. She has great follow-up. I have had a lot of success with her and have recommended her to many of my friends.
in Glenview, IL |
I have had the pleasure of working with Dr. Oldson for 2 years now. She is the most compassionate doctor that I have ever encountered when it comes to weight loss. We meet every week to walk our follow up appointments and come up with strategies for the upcoming events. Something I learned from Dr. Oldson was that even a failure wasn't truly a failure. It was a real life event that needed to be addressed so that I knew how to handle it next time. She is always available through email!
in Deerfield, IL |
Dr. Oldson is an outstanding doctor! She is bright, professional, caring, compassionate, and thorough. Dr. Lisa Oldson is "saving my life" in many ways through wellness, medical advice, nutrition advice, counseling and "life coaching". Anyone in need of medical, wellness, nutrition - call Dr. Oldson today!!
in Chicago, IL |
I have had the great pleasure of being a patient under Dr. Oldson's care and would wholeheartedly recommend her to others. She is compassionate, nonjudgmental, and takes time to get to know me and my issues. Our time is never rushed and I feel like she really listens, explains things, is supportive, and genuinely interested in helping me achieve better health. She has been a tremendously positive resource for me and her support has helped me make lifestyles choices leading to greater wellness.
in Waco, TX |
Dr. Oldson was readily available to answer any questions I had. She was incredibly personable and I loved how knowledgeable she was about my health issues.
Have you seen Dr. Lisa Oldson, MD?
Are you Dr. Oldson?