Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD

Preventive MedicineFemaleAge 46

Dr. Heuer

Lisa E. Heuer, M.D., Medically Supervised Weight Management

99 Main St # 107 Nyack, NY 10960

Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD is a Preventive Medicine Specialist in Nyack, NY. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Heuer to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD with other Preventive Medicine Specialists near you

Dr. Heuer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Heuer

Dr. Heuer?
  • Explained conditions well (54)
  • Appointment scheduling (53)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (53)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (6)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (5)
  • Appointment was rushed (4)
Dr. Heuer ... I type this review through teary eyes ... I am so grateful that I have lived for 65 years without a major health issue ... I am very happy to have connected with you and I am truly amazed at how you really understand what I am going through .. several neurologists didn't even understand what I was talking about. I don't believe in coincidences ... I know God brought you into my life at a desperate time ... you have already helped me heal by validating my symptoms and I look forward to working with you to become the best I can be as I continue through this journey. Thank you and I look forward to our next visit.
Lisa J. – Mar 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD?
I've lost over 30 pounds with Dr. Heuer. The best thing is that I'm not "on a diet" - I'm making changes in my life that improve the way I eat, cook, and relate to food altogether. My thinking is changed forever. I have the tools and strategies to live a much trimmer life. I cannot tell you how liberating and exciting this is for me. Highly, highly recommend Dr. Heuer!
Avery – Jan 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD?
Dr. Heuer is the best! Her individualized program has changed my life. I look and feel better than I did 25 years ago. Dr. Heuer’s commitment to helping her patients is unprecedented and her encouragement kept me on track. Highly highly recommend if you want to take charge of your health and feel better than ever.
Dylan – Dec 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD?
Dr. Heuer has been a lifesaver for me and my now my daughter. In 2019, she helped me through a very hard time as a result of losing my mother. She encouraged me to take medication to help with the grieving and subsequent cravings and taught me how to properly eat. I am proud to say I lost 65 pounds! Although the pandemic provoked some "comfort" eating, I have the tools to get right back on trace. Currently my daughter has been working with her and has been doing extremely well. She has already lost 20 lbs and feels wonderful both physically and mentally. As a family we now know it is about eating well and feeling good about what we eat. Thank you Dr. Heuer!
Vanessa – Nov 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD?
Dr. Heuer is one of the most caring doctors I’ve seen in a long time. She spent a good deal of time with me and was very understanding about my complex medical history. After just a few visits with Dr. Heuer I feel hopeful about getting my weight under control and am already seeing results I have never seen before. Plus, I feel terrific. My energy has improved, my mood is better, and I even noticed my skin tone looks years younger. I will definitely recommend her to others.
Healthy for life! – Oct 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD?
This lifestyle change I made with Dr. Heuer has transformed my very existence in so many aspects of life. I am so grateful for what she have done for me. I have lost over 100 pounds and no one can even recognize me anymore. My weight is now in the low 180s, my original goal was 200 and I've been able to sustain this quite well. I cannot believe it has been less than a year since I first met her and how different life is now for me and my family. I am a healthy, active husband and father of three young children. Life is good!
Aug 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD?
I have continued working with Dr. Heuer via telemedicine throughout the pandemic and she has been a lifeline for me. She is calming and helpful with my anxiety about the coronavirus and has also helped me maintain the 60 pound weight loss I was so worried I would regain during this time. Thanks Dr. Heuer. Our visits are the highlight of my week.
Linda – Apr 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD?
I have loved my experience with Dr. Heuer. She is extremely knowledgeable and friendly. She doesn't shame you for being overweight and works hard to help you achieve your goals. I lost over 65 lbs in the last 6 month and am currently at a weight I have not been in over 25 years. Sometimes it is hard to believe that the person in the mirror is me. The journey with Dr. Heuer has been wonderful on so many levels. She takes a sincere interest in my life and overall well-being. She educates you on the science behind her principles as you go trough her customized lifestyle journey, taking her time to explain complex topics. I no longer have fatty liver disease and diabetes. My liver doc and endocrinologist were amazed. At 58, I am in the best shape I have ever been both inside and outside.
Eva – Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD?
I normally don't write reviews, but Dr. Heuer is incredible. She is timely, compassionate, listens to all my problems and takes a real interest in my life. I originally thought i was just going for weight loss, but the depth of our conversations about my life including job stress, relationships etc. Have been so helpful from a psychological level. I leave her visits with great ideas on how to navigate my world more efficiently and effectively. She just "get's it". Then on top of that she never makes me feel rushed. But the best part is, after just 2 month of her guidance, I have seamlessly lost 40 pounds without hunger or cravings. I feel wonderful and look even better than how i feel. She is amazing, seriously.
Mar 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD?
Thank GOD for Dr. Heuer! My fiancé surprised me a few months ago with “the question!” It was such a magical moment, until I got home and saw myself in the mirror. I met my fiancé in college, when I was 130 lbs…well, it’s been 4 years since I graduated and I was up to 155 lbs. Not HORRIBLE, but if people I hadn’t seen in 4 years were going to have all of their attention focused on me…well…I wanted to look good. Her program was so easy to implement without really changing my lifestyle too much. I was never hungry and had no cravings surprisingly. In just a few months time I was not only back to my college weight, but I feel healthy inside too. My fiance also joined along and we are both going to look great on our big day. What she has taught us will last a lifetime. Thank you again Dr. Heuer. Truly a blessing.
The Perfect Fit! – Feb 25, 2020
Emily Barth – Feb 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD?
I have been a powerlifter since I started in college a 18. I've always loved slinging around the weights, and hitting that next personal record has always been my top priority. I got extremely used to eating basically constantly, with little regards for what it was. So, while I could bench press about 300 lbs, I also weighed about 275 lbs. My arms and chest were big, but my stomach was bigger. At 35 I couldn’t get away anymore with my old eating habits if I wanted to look like someone who actually worked out. So I met with Dr. Heuer after a buddy at my gym got in insanely good shape after consulting with her. Dr. Heuer is an athlete herself and taught me how to lose fat while maintaining my muscle mass. She showed me that it’s about what you eat, NOT about how much, NOT about counting calories, and definitely NO portion control. I couldn’t believe the transformation that was happening so quickly and it was awesome how she explained the science behind how my body was processing food.
Nate L – Feb 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD?
I have never met a more passionate doc about her patients. Dr. Heuer helped me lose 40 pounds and was there for me every step of the way. She always makes herself available, is non-judgmental, and explains the science so that I understood what was going on in my body and brain. Life changing doc!
Stephanie I. – Feb 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD?
Last summer our college daughter returned from her freshman year having gained 25 pounds. She was so miserable and I heard about Dr. Heuer from my friend who was very successful with her about a year ago and still looks great. She started working with Dr. Heuer last summer and has continued her visits via telemedicine while at school and has kept the weigh off, even while managing a college lifestyle. I am so grateful to Dr. Heuer for her kindness, compassion, and patience with our daughter in helping her maintain her weight loss and most importantly her self-esteem. Dr. Heuer is the best specialist I have ever encountered. I wish I could give her 10 stars.
Marilyn C. – Feb 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD?
The real deal. Dr. Heuer understands how to get you to lose weight efficiently and effectively. I have never met someone as knowledgeable about weight management as Dr. Heuer. She takes the time to explain how the body works as she moves you through the program. Lost 75 pounds, cured my high blood pressure and diabetes. Go see her. You won't regret it.
Peter K. – Feb 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD?
Dr. Heuer took the time to listen to me and really hear my story. I spent a lifetime of dieting, only to end up a 58 year old obese woman. While the rest of my life has been quite successful, I never was able to get my weight under control. She has completely changed that for me and I will be forever grateful for the work she and I did together. Thank you Dr. Heuer
Leslie M. – Feb 10, 2020
Rude, dismissive, rush. judgmental. Obnoxious
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jan 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD?
I have been working with Dr. Heuer for about 4 months. I have lost weight so easily. The program is based on science which she explains in great detail. I never felt better and I have the tools to continue losing weight even during the holiday season. I used to gain at least 10 pounds in December and I have lost 10 pounds so far! She is kind, incredibly smart, and she has tremendous passion for the care of her patients. I have already referred 3 friends and they all love her.
Louise – Jan 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD?
Dr. Heuer has literally saved my life. I was sent to her by my liver doctor because my numbers were out of control and I was told if I didn't reverse my disease I would be put on the transplant list. He raved about Dr. Heuer's work and he was beyond correct. I can't thank her enough. Not only is she a genius, but I really like and respect her as a caring and compassionate physician. If you have any medical issue or just want to lose weight and be healthy go see her.
Nancy K. – Sep 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD?
My husband has been struggling with weight his entire life and has been so resistant to any help. He kept telling me he would do something about it but never did. His doctor spoke to him about his health and that if he didn't lose weight he was going to end up like his father who died at 50 of a heart attack. I found Dr. Heuer through my friend who lost 48 lbs with Dr. Heuer and looks amazing. Dr. Heuer saved my husband's life. He has no medical issues anymore and looks better than he did the day we got married 25 years ago.
Barb P. – Aug 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Heuer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Heuer?

Dr. Lisa E. Heuer's clinical expertise in the neurobiology of weight management, nutrition, and exercise physiology has made her an expert in the fight...Read more

• Preventive Medicine