Dr. Lisa Feierman, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryFemaleAge 53

Dr. Feierman
4686 Corrales Rd Ste 5e Corrales, NM 87048

Dr. Lisa Feierman, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Corrales, NM and has over 25 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University of New Mexico School of Medicine medical school in 1996. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Feierman to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

3.0

Dr. Feierman?
  • Wait times (9)
  • Office environment (8)
  • Appointment scheduling (7)
  • Office environment (4)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (2)
Part 2 (Now 17) A friend of mine went to see her around the same time I did and when she tried committing s*icide a few months down the line I was in hysterics trying to call 911 and then Dr. Feierman afterward (I was no longer one of her patients at this point, just to be clear). Do you wanna so what she said? "Oh! E__ will be just fine she just needs to sleep more and take her meds (she was always trying to pump people with more and more medication). Next time she wants to slit her wrists tell her to hold some ice instead she'll be just fine dear, she cut horizontally, not vertically, they can stitch her right up". And that was the end of that. So long story short: She told my parents all of the information I relayed to her in confidence, she did nothing to help other than call my family "crazy", she only talks about herself, insists on pumping her patients full of medication even when they don't want it, and doesn't respond appropriately when faced with a suicidal client.
For the love of everything good in this world don' – Mar 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Feierman, MD?
Do not go to her she is incompetent
Cathy Byres – Jul 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Feierman, MD?
I decided to wait (2-4 years) to write this, as I wanted to truly grasp my feelings / opinion of her, the appointment, etc. before even considering writing a review. First, she charges a lot and did not accept insurance. We had a roughly 3 hour consultation, where she talked more about herself than trying to hear about my issues. She then told me that my medication plan (which 2 board certified psychiatrists, a psychotherapist, and my GP believed was the best combination of meds I had ever been on) was "bad" and tried to change my prescriptions. Two hours into the appointment, I was sitting there wondering why I had wasted all that money for such a useless "psychiatrist." I told her that she didn't listen, didn't truly seem to care to hear me; she had her mind made up already, though. She asked for examples of how she did not listen and I told her "pretty much everything said during this entire conversation." Did not offer to refund the hundreds of dollars lost, no real apology. Awful.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
IhadAmentalBreakdownAfterOurAppointmentThatsHowAwf – Feb 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Feierman, MD?
Excellent doctor who spends the time needed and really cares. She provides a detailed bill for me to submit to my insurance for reimbursement. Dr. Feierman had me keep seeing her even when I was unable to pay. She explains medications really well and also looks at non medication solutions to what is going on such as exercise, speaking up for myself, and meeting with my whole family.
Thankful in Albuquerque, NM – Oct 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Feierman, MD?
Dr. Feierman is immensely insightful and helpful. She is always available for her clients/patients via phone. If you have trouble with medication, she will explore options to change or improve it. She asks many questions to get to the root of what you’re facing difficulty with. She does not judge with her responses and listens to your opinion. I have been seeing her off and on for 11 years.
Oct 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Feierman, MD?
Dr. Fieiman saved my sanity, if not my life when I had a breakdown a year ago. To see an in-network provider would take 4 months by which time I would have been divorced, unemployed and homeless--or dead.
John in Albuquerque, NM – May 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Feierman, MD?
Worst psychiatrist ever. Stay away from her.
Jan 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Feierman, MD?
Dr Feierman is inadequately trained in pharmaceuticals. She prescribed medications that were contraindicated resulting in the worsening of my cooccurring illnesses. When confronted she just insisted on seeing me more frequently (she charges a lot and doesn’t take insurance). The worst part though, when my new dr requested my medical records, she would not cooperate, making getting any kind of care even harder.
Albuquerque NM – Jan 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Feierman, MD?
Dr. Feierman is NOT a skilled psychopharmacologist. Indeed, she dabbles in psychotherapy and is reluctant to prescribe meds. Our family wasted a year and suffered needless pain because of her approach.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Gallup, NM – Jan 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lisa Feierman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Feierman?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry