Dr. Lisa Cousineau, DO

Dr. Lisa Cousineau, DO

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Female

OB/GYN Associates of Akron 605 Cleveland Massillon Rd Akron, OH 44333 Get Directions

I want each patient to feel they are part of a family here. We try to train our staff this way. It is important to me that you feel special and not just a number like many offices .  I tell my staff please come from a position of "YES!" If we can help a patient we should. I disdain places where signs are posted everywhere 'don't do this' 'no this. no that".

I have been practicing over 20 years. All of my years have been in teaching hospitals which tend to keep the doctors up to date on new technology and treatments. I love innovation so I have kept up on new treatments over the years. I have become a Master in Laparoscopy and other minimally invasive pelvic procedures. Most recently I have trained in DaVinci Laparoscopy (5 years) with hundreds of procedures done already. This requires extensive training and skill and has been an excellent alternative to open procedures to many of my patients. Very few gynecologists have DaVinci training and it is very important to find a physician who has done many of these cases, preferably over 100.

Dr. Cousineau's Experience

See how Dr. Cousineau's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cousineau

Dr. Cousineau accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Cousineau has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cousineau's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cousineau to family and friends
based on 23 total surveys (1 with a review)
Dr. Cousineau Says:

Dr. Cousineau's Performance
in Cuyahoga Falls, OH |
I always had a wait time of 30+ minutes when coming in for an appointment with Dr. Cousineau. I had several issues over the year that I was a patient of hers, which required me to be in her office about every 4-6 weeks ... but yet at every appointment I felt like I was starting over with her explaining why I was there and what my past issues were. She doesn't listen to her patients when they tell her about problems, nor is she easy to access. She is also very curt and has zero bedside manner.
Have you seen Dr. Lisa Cousineau, DO?
Are you Dr. Cousineau?

Low risk and High Risk Obstetrics

Endometriosis

Hormonal Management of Menopause

Dr. Cousineau says...

I am part of a very busy and dynamic all female practice. Sometimes we have emergencies or issues which arise such as miscarriage which may require some extra TLC.  We all strive to give excellent care and time to each and every patient. Sometimes though I can become behind when I have taken extra time with a patient. I strive to take care of each individual and I hope you will be patient if I am late, because it is usually due to an issue which arises suddenly. My grades often reflect my lateness and I try to keep on time but I do strive to give excellent care to each patient without anyone feeling rushed.

Dr. Cousineau's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Cousineau has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cousineau's Board Certifications

• Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Infertility
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Pelvic Pain
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

Completed in 1995

Bowling Green State University

Graduated in 1982

• French

Dr. Cousineau does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cousineau and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
  • Birth Control
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Pap Smear
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery