Dr. Lisa Bunin, MD

Ophthalmology | Female

Dr. Lisa Bunin, MD
Board certified Ophthalmologist and Oculoplastic Surgeon and Cosmetic Facial Plastic Surgeon. Trained at Johns Hopkins Medical School, Emory Eye Residency, and additional oculoplastic training in Atlanta and at Wills Eye. Member of American Association of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgerons (AAFPRS) , American Society of Lasers in Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS), American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), FFAS, PAO, MWLV, PAA, among others.

Dr. Bunin's Care Philosophy

'MODERN TECHNIQUES; OLD-FASHIONED CARE' You are not just a number here; patients always comment on how warm, welcoming, and knowledgable our staff are. Dr. Bunin is on the cutting edge, and has pioneered many techniques and procedures in the Lehigh Valley. She teaches other physicians and is a consultant for several companies and lectures country-wide. She is very scientific and conservative in her approach. She gives you an honest assessment, and often talks her cosmetic patients out of surgery if she feels that's not the best option. Her extensive experience (25 years)and specialized training in the tissues of the face, eyes, eyelids and skin set her apart from the many poorly trained doctors who have jumped on the 'cosmetic bandwagon'. Trust your face to the gentle, artistic, experienced hands of Dr. Lisa Bunin.

Dr. Bunin's Experience

See how Dr. Bunin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bunin

Dr. Bunin accepts 24 insurance carriers

Dr. Bunin is now accepting new patients
    Lisa S Bunin MD1611 Pond Rd Ste 403
    Allentown, PA 18104
    (610) 435-5333Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Bunin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bunin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bunin to family and friends
    3.8
    Dr. Bunin Says:

Dr. Bunin's Performance
    Coopersburg, PA |
    This doctor tried forcing my mother into cataract surgery that she didn't need. Not only that, she tried bullying her into expensive upgraded lenses! My mother called me after her visit in TEARS! I promptly took my mother for a second opinion and cataract surgery is not needed at this time. If my mother would have listened to this person, she would have spent over $7,000 for a surgery that was not needed.
    in New Tripoli, PA |
    Dr Bunin is great. She cured a terrible eye infection that i had. The urgent care kept giving me eyes to take and I kept getting worse. I went to her and she said I was allergic to them thats why I was in miserable pain. Thank God for her!
    in Trexlertown, PA |
    Dr. Bunin has been my doctor for 20 years, and is and has always been an excellent physician. She recently performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes and inserted upgraded multi-focal lenses. My near, middle and distance vision are now excellent. The whole experience, from her personal attention to that of her very knowledgeable and caring staff, couldn't have been better. You're made to feel as if you are the only patient they are caring for! I would highly recommend her.
    in Allentown, PA |
    Look no further for a provider of injectable facial enhancers. I gave myself the gift of "freshening up" my face for my 50th birthday and I was astounded at the level of improvement and how completely natural I look. I didn't want to have that "Hollywood" artificial appearance and Dr. Bunin delivered 100%. In just two short visits, she took 10 years off my face (my friends say 15 years, but, hey, they're my friends...) and I don't look done, i just look like I'm in my late 30's. Don't wait, go!
    in Nazareth, PA |
    After a failed eyelid surgery to repair my congenital droopy lid that was performed by a well known Lehigh Valley surgeon, I sought out Dr. Bunin for a 2nd opinion. Dr. Bunin found that a 2nd muscle in my lid needed to be repaired. The first surgeon completely missed it. She performed my 2nd eyelid surgery in June of 2016. I am thrilled to say that I can now for the 1st time in me life, see equally through both eyes and I have 2 eyes that match:) I wish I would have found her first.
    in Allentown, PA |
    Absolutely fantastic experience. I had Botox and fillers. My face was not swollen and never bruised. I went right back to work and nobody even noticed I had just had work done! The ENTIRE staff went out of their way to make me comfortable and inform me about their personal experiences with having work done. Dr. Bunin is the best. On a side note, last time I had work done it was at Advanced Dermatology. There is NO comparison. Bunin is amazing!
    in Allentown, PA |
    I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. BUNIN, SHE TAKES THE TIME TO EXPLAIN WHAT SHE IS GOING TO DO
    Have you seen Dr. Lisa Bunin, MD?
    Are you Dr. Bunin?

Dr. Bunin's Care Philosophy

Dr. Bunin says...

Dr. Lisa S. Bunin, M.D. is a board certified ophthalmologist and oculoplastic surgeon who is highly rated and respected by her peers. She is a national speaker and trainer for both ophthalmology and aesthetic and facial surgery, and is a pioneer of many techniques. Dr Bunin excels at custom cataract surgery and vision correction, and was the first doctor in the area to use multifocal lens implants (in 2006), and has helped thousands of people see clearly again! She has been voted best of the Lehigh Valley in both eyecare and aesthetic and cosmetic surgery each year since 2006. She also treats glaucoma, eyelid problems, dry eyes, diabetic eye disease, does complete eye exams in her Allentown office. She is always accepting new patients.

Combining the talent of an artist with the training of a surgeon, she is known for her gentle hands, skill, and experience with fillers, Botox, aesthetic lasers, and facial plastic surgery. Let her help you look and see your best—at any age!

Dr. Bunin says...

I am passionate about providing the most modern techniques with old-fashioned care and compassion, and gentleness. My staff are well trained professionals and we are dedicated to providing the highest standards of care in the area. Many eye diseases are silent and the key to stopping them is early diagnosis and treatment. If a brand-name drug is superior to a generic for treating glaucoma, then I recommend it because your vision is precious and can't be restored once lost, and I won't compromise on proper care.

We are all human and miscommunication can occur. I encourage you to come to me or my office manager with any problems or concerns so we can address them. I am dismayed by the negative remarks made "anonymously" (we know who they are but because of HIPPA cannot say how they were noncompliant with treatment or wanted noncovered services for free).

My staff and I welcome you warmly to our office, and look forward to serving your eye care, eyelid, skin and facial needs! Thank you!

Dr. Bunin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
    •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
    •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Bunin has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bunin's Board Certifications

• Corneal Diseases
    • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
    • Diabetic Retinopathy
    • Diplopia
    • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
    • Drusen

• Other Education
      Additional Oculoplastic Training

Completed in 1989

• French

Dr. Bunin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bunin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Skin Resurfacing
    • Sutureless Cataract Surgery
    • Tear Duct Surgery
    • Titan Skin Tightening
    • Vaser® Liposelection (Liposuction)
    • YAG Iridotomy