Psychiatry  |
Dr. Lisa Beisel, MD
Dr. Lisa Beisel, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Austin, TX. She is 53 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Beisel is affiliated with Metroplex Hospital.

Lisa J. Beisel MD Adult Psychiatry

1015 Beecave Woods Dr Ste 207D

Austin, TX 78746

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Beisel

I ascribe to a philosophy based on the biopsychosocial model of mental health, which integrates all aspects of a person's symptoms in context of perpetuating factors, and ways in which a person can manage/ improve their own mental health. Each person has a unique blueprint of personality and experiences which shapes him/her, and I help to sort out the "big picture" of diagnosis and treatment planning. My practice is mainly focused on medication management, but I also do brief and supplemental therapy . I strive to enlist and empower a person in their own care decisions, while offering them the best guidance I can. Please see further info at www.DrBeiselpsych.com

Dr. Beisel's Experience

Dr. Beisel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry

• Psychiatry

Dr. Beisel does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mania
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• Uams Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Uams Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Beisel has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Beisel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Beisel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Beisel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Beisel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Beisel to family and friends
1.7
Dr. Beisel's Performance
    POOR
Austin, TX |
Dr. Beisel is very unprofessional and rude. I felt as though she was not concerned about me as a patient at all, but more worried about how much she was going to get paid. I was shocked at how unprofessional she was and the manor in which she presented herself. She at time can be very condescending and acts as if she is better then others.
Austin, TX |
Dr. Beisel was very informative and thorough with my diagnosis. She is very knowledgeable and made me feel valued as a patient.
Austin, TX |
Awful, just awful. Unprofessional to the max. VERY judgmental and argumentative. If you are already taking any medication, no matter how long, she thinks its the wrong thing for you even if that is what has worked for years.I have anxiety and insomnia and have been on the same medication for over 8 years, by the time I left our FIRST AND ONLY visit she brought up all kinds of other things I might suffer from. Uhm no... and how do you determine that after one visit? She acts like shes doing YOU
For the first time in my life, my depression and anxiety are under control due to Dr. B's knowledge of medications and willingness to be aggressive with the titration. She always asks questions to monitor the efficacy and side effects and will change things up to get the best results. She's timely and it's very easy to reach her assistant if you have any questions.
Austin, TX |
Visited 2x. Found her inappropriate and judgemental. She couldn't remember our first session or apparently read her notes and was insistent that I review my childhood trauma with her in detail. This is not required for medication maintenance. In response to my citing a misdemeanor DUI that prompted my therapy more than a decade ago she tried to make AA a requirement of my sessions.???She has strange fee tiers - like $20 for prescription refills.
in Austin, TX |
Dr Beisel is one of the worst communicators I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. She is a terrible listener, and frequently interrupts answers to ask new questions. She drastically misinterpreted the things I told her, to such a degree that I have no confidence in her diagnoses. Her education and knowledge seemed pretty good- I'm not saying she's stupid! Just that I feel like she was using our painful interview to build a description of an imaginary person that I barely recognize.
Austin, TX |
Had no compassion when I was going through a very tough time with depression. I was in tears not only because of the depression, but because of my experience with her harsh, uncaring treatment. I would never recommend anyone go to her.
Have you seen Dr. Lisa Beisel, MD?
Are you Dr. Beisel?