Dr. Lionel Pereira, MB BS
Child & Adolescent Psychiatry•Male•Age 36
New England Center for Mental Health289 Great Rd Ste G1 Acton, MA 01720
Dr. Lionel Pereira, MB BS is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Acton, MA. Dr. Pereira has more experience with Addiction & Substance Abuse, Neurodevelopmental Disorders, and Psychotic Disorders than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Lowell General Hospital. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Pereira to book an appointment.
Healthgrades Provider Compare™
Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area
At a Glance
- Offers TelehealthThis provider offers telehealth appointments. Call the office to schedule an appointment.
Experience and Background Checks
Frequently Treated by Dr. Pereira
Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Pereira treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Pereira treats other conditions, please contact the office at (978) 679-1200.
Addiction & Substance Abuse
Addiction and substance abuse specialists diagnose and treat people who have become physically dependent or addicted to drugs and alcohol through treatments including counseling, detoxifcation, inpatient rehabilitation, and medication.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Pereira is experienced in the area of Addiction & Substance Abuse. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures
Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Pereira is experienced in the area of Neurodevelopmental Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures
Psychotic disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that cause severe mental symptoms and disconnection from reality, such as schizophrenia, delusional disorder, and substance-induced psychosis.Compare with other specialists.
Dr. Pereira is experienced in the area of Psychotic Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.
Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures
Check Dr. Pereira's experience treating your condition or procedure
Dr. Pereira's conditions and procedures:
- ADHD and-or ADD
- Adjustment Disorder
- Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
- Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
- Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cocaine Addiction
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Conduct Disorder
- Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
- Delusional Disorder
- Developmental and Learning Disorders
- Drug and Alcohol Dependence
- Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
- Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
- Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
- Eating Disorders
- Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
- Family Psychotherapy
- Hallucinogen Dependence
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Marijuana Addiction
- Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
- Nondependent Amphetamine or Related Acting Sympathomimetic Abuse
- Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
- Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
- Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Nondependent Hallucinogen Abuse
- Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
- Nondependent Opioid Abuse
- Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
- Opioid Dependence
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
- Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
- Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
- Separation Anxiety
- Speech, Language and Learning Disorders
- Tobacco Use Disorder
Search for your insurance provider
Dr. Pereira accepts
Accepted insurance can change. Please double-check when making an appointment.
Dr. Pereira accepts the following insurance:
- Aetna HMO
- Choice Plus POS II
- National (BlueCard) PPO
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- HealthyBlue 2.0
- HealthyBlue Advantage
- Cigna PPO
- Open Access Plus
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- First Health (Coventry Health Care) PPO
- MultiPlan PPO
- Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO