Dr. Linder Wingo, MD

Dr. Linder Wingo, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Linder Wingo, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Ocala, FL and has been practicing for 48 years. He graduated from Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine in 1970 and specializes in ophthalmology and cataract surgery.Read his story

2441 E Fort King St # 100

• Argus Insurance
  • Avesis
  • AvMed

Learn about Dr. Wingo

See how frequently Dr. Wingo performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Drusen
Pinkeye (Conjunctivitis)
Eye Infections

Dr. Wingo's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Wingo's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Wingo "­The eye, although often overlooked, is an essential yet highly sensitive and complex structure that allows us to see the world around us. At my office, I combine 38 years of medical practice with most cutting edge technology available to provide my patients with the best care possible. My goal is to help patients maintain strong, healthy eyes throughout their lives and reduce their risk of degenerative ophthalmic conditions."

This content was provided by Dr. Wingo "Whether my patients come in for an acute ophthalmic condition, a routine eye exam, or an eye surgery—my patients are guaranteed to receive the best medical care in the Ocala area. Depending on the type and severity of each patient's individual conditions, I am sure to cater to their individual needs—often this can include medication, corrective lenses, laser treatment, or surgery. I am also equipped to provide preventive care to reduce the occurrence and severity of ophthalmic conditions and keep my patient's eyes in ideal health. When you combine state-of-the-art equipment and techniques with my advanced skill, the result is crystal clear.    "

• Ophthalmology
  • Cataract Surgery

Dr. Wingo does not have any board certifications listed.

• Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1970
  • Riverside Hospital
  • University Of Al Hospital

Dr. Wingo has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Wingo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wingo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wingo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wingo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wingo to family and friends
3.1
based on 17 total reviews (5 with comments)

Dr. Wingo's Performance

Trustworthiness
GOOD
Explains condition(s) well
Answers Questions
GOOD
Time well spent

Scheduling
Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time
Dr. Wingo Says:

I appreciate your time in submitting a patient survey. If you received great service and attention, please tell a friend. If you did not, please tell me or my staff. We are committed to providing you the best care.

in Salt Springs
Terrible wait time. Poor service.
in Lady Lake, FL
Went to get an updated check on my vision and cataract. Needed new glasses and contacts. I received a pair of glasses that do not improve my vision. When I explained this 3 times at follow up visits, I am always told, wait 3months and come back for a recheck. I hear them say that to everyone. I...more
in Salt Springs,Fl.
Dr.Wingo is a very good Dr. Very threrull,considerate,and lets you know what he's checking for when putting anything in your eyes.And he explains everything to you so you understand everything. And the staff is wonderful too!! No long wait time!!
in Orlando, FL
My experience with my 5 year old was horrible. The staff would ask what the picture was and could be a milk carton, but the staff would correct my 5 year old by saying "housey". I think from any parent from a professional if going to correct a child the least they could do is pronounce what the...more
in Anthony, FL
Have always had a pleasant appointment. He explains diagnosis and procedures so I can understand what is going on with my sight. His staff is pleasant and professional and they also explain test that are done and help answer questions. Never had a bad experience.

Are you Dr. Wingo?