Dr. Linda A. Smith, MD

Dr. Linda A. Smith, MD

Breast Surgery | Female | 62 years old

34 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

I am dedicated to the care of my patients and the treatment of Breast Disease. Since I began my medical practice, enormous advances have occurred in the treatment of breast disorders. I have been at the forefront of these advances, and with intense continuing education, it has brought these developments to the women of New Mexico. I perform all of the standard advanced procedures including breast ultrasound, sentinel node biopsy, mastectomy, lumpectomy, onco-plastic surgery, partial breast radiation and genetic testing for over 50 genes.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Smith's Experience

See how Dr. Smith's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Smith

Dr. Smith accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Smith has admitting privileges.

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smith to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Smith's Performance
Los Alamos, NM |
Dr. Smith is an excellent surgeon! I appreciate her attention to details. She took great care when explaining the procedure to me. Her staff is well organized and very helpful.
Albuquerque, NM |
Wait is always long. No compassion. Will not order pain meds. I felt like I was just a number to her, not a person.
I apologize your experience was not to our patient care standards. Dr. Smith is a Comprehensive Breast Surgeon and spends 4 out of the 5 days of the week in the operating Room. At times emergencies arise in the OR causing a delay with office patients. We do apologize for the long wait time you experienced. With surgeries pain can always arise; depending on the surgery that a patient has is what determines the pain medications. Our goal is always patient care and satisfaction.
in Albuquerque, NM |
Dr Smith is professional and is an experienced expert surgeon. She does everything in her power get prompt testing and surgery scheduled. She works you into her schedule whenever needed. Your best interests are always coming first for her.
in Santa Fe, NM |
I agree, Dr. Smith is a brilliant surgeon. She is no nonsense and tells it like it is. I am thankful that she was my surgeon and eternally grateful to her. She had a wonderful assistant named Angelique that was so compassionate and caring and was the ying to Dr. Smith's yang. There was a balance. Unfortunately Angelique is no longer there and I really miss her but I will continue seeing Dr. Smith because I have total confidence in her.
in Albuquerque, NM |
I never met a Surgeon so disrespectful in my life. Lack of professionalism poor bedside manner as we'll as compassion. Her Medical Manager Erica for a split second seemed to be okay.Until she obviously is unable to handle a persons frustration and lack empathy and or sympathy for canceIling on me an hr before my appt. Instead pointing out I'm not their only patient. Asking me to put myself in in an emergency position.Even though I feel like my situation is of that nature. Much more info come
Ms. Garcia, our practice will always strive to provide the best patient care to all of our patients. We always try to understand and empathize with our patients; Dr. Smith is a very busy Breast Surgeon and unfortunately when she is in the Operating Room if an emergency arises we try to call our clinic "office patients" as soon as possible to notify. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused as we understand personal schedules.
Indianapolis, IN |
Dr smith is an awesome doctor. Her office is one of the worst I've ever been in. I will be looking for a new doctor because of it. I always have to wait around 2 hours. Almost one before they even acknowledge I am here. By the time I see the doctor I don't want to talk to here because I've been waiting for so long.
We do apologize for your long wait time experience; There are times that last minute patients are added to diagnose with cancer and or Dr. Smith has been delayed in the operating room. Unfortunately that can have an impact on our office schedule; we do have a sign that explains this as it does happen periodically.
in Albuquerque, NM |
I consider Dr. Smith to be my heroine. I feel very fortunate to have been led to her for my breast cancer surgery. She is an excellent surgeon. While she might not be the most touchy feely doctor around, I wasn't looking for touchy feely. I wanted a doctor who knew what she was doing. I would not consider going to any other doctor if I ever have any future breast related issues.
in Albuquerque, NM |
She is an excellent surgeon and genuinely cares about her patients. She's brilliant.
in Albuquerque, NM |
Good surgeon, horrible bed side manner. I think she needs to retire, runs surgery like an assembly line. You are a number only to her.
Albuquerque New Mexico |
I am very upset! She did my surgery didn't give me pain medication told me to take Tylenol! Her nurse or ma had go all the way to her office from los Lunas which the intentions that she was going to help me I waited two hours for her response while I waited in a room for nothing! Who is she deciding tha many pain from surgery is not enough for pain control medication! I am laying I my bed day two of surgery in tremendous pain and no one to help me! I feel like I chose the wrong Dr!
We apologize you feel that you have chosen the wrong Physician due to pain medication. Pain management varies from patient to patient and depending on the surgery performed. If a patient is experiencing more pain than usual we encourage our patients to come to the office to see the Physician to ensure there are no underlying issues causing pain.
in Albuquerque, NM |
She is one of the most gifted beast cancer surgeons in the country. Not touchy-freely, but straight-forward, all-business and extremely competent. I chose her because she has the best outcomes in our region.
Have you seen Dr. Linda A. Smith, MD?

Compare Dr. Smith

Dr. Smith says...

I wanted to be a physician since childhood. I began studying a pre-medical curriculum in high school and qualified for a six-year medical program at Northwestern University.

Following graduation from Northwestern, I attended a 5 year General Surgery Residency and then completed a one-year Burn and Trauma Fellowship at the University of New Mexico. I then entered private practice in New Mexico in 1984 and began my career as a General Surgeon.

From the beginning of my practice, I have concentrated on breast care and in 1994, I elected to sub-specialize in the treatment of breast disorders. Since 1994 my practice has been 100% dedicated to the treatment of breast disease.

Dr. Smith's Care Philosophy

I am dedicated to the care of my patients and the treatment of Breast Disease.

Since I began my medical practice, enormous advances have occurred in the treatment of breast disorders. I have been at the forefront of these advances, and with intense continuing education, it has brought these developments to the women of New Mexico.

I perform all of the standard advanced procedures including breast ultrasound, sentinel node biopsy, mastectomy, lumpectomy, onco-plastic surgery, partial breast radiation and genetic testing for over 50 genes.

Dr. Smith says...

Comprehensive Breast Surgeon & Genetic Testing

Dr. Smith's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Breast Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in New Mexico not available

Dr. Smith has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Mexico.

Why It Matters: Dr. Smith's Board Certifications

Northwestern U Med Ctr

Completed in 1983

U NM

Completed in 1984

Dr. Smith does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smith and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Breast Surgery