Dr. Linda J. Rasmussen, MD

Dr. Linda J. Rasmussen, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Female | 55 years old

I spend quality time with each patient, listening carefully to their symptoms and problems. Each patient is an individual and requires treatment that is unique to their specific issues.Read more

Personal Bio

Allowing people to remain independent and active, especially as they age is an important part of my practice. This...Read more

Dr. Rasmussen's Experience

See how Dr. Rasmussen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rasmussen

Dr. Rasmussen accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Rasmussen has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Rasmussen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rasmussen to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Rasmussen
Dr. Rasmussen's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (135)
in Mililani, HI |
Excellent results; excellent patient service
in Kailua, Hi |
Dr. Rasmussen no ka' oi! This spring I finally overcame my fears and had a total knee replacement. Both knees were bone on bone and hurt all the time. After the incredible job Dr. Rasmussen did, I decided to get the second knee done. I was amazed at how small the scars were and how quickly l healed. The 8 weeks of healing and physical therapy was hard, but so worth it. I can now hike, walk and dance again. Thank you Dr. Razmussen. You are a pro at what you do. If you're suffering don't wait.
in Waimanalo,Hawaii |
Dr.Linda Rasmussen, Was highly recommended to me by friends and family! I am so happy that I went to her, she has excellent bedside manners, makes you feel safe and is so very confident of her work;) Not bragging, but I was up walking around in no time and when I came home I did great independently within the week! By 2 weeks I needed no assistance of any aids or help from anyone! PT is the key to healing and moving ASAP! Enchanter Lake Therapist are the bomb and so is Dr. Rasmussin!!!
in 1555 Aulena Place Honolulu, HI |
My recovery time was very short. My dad and brother had knee replacement and took a long time to recover.
in Kailua, HI |
I found Dr. Rasmussen to be extremely skilled. She is very personable and thorough. I had a sports injury (knee) and reconstructive surgery 30 years ago and hadn't walked properly since. I never regained full range of motion and was determined to have a 29% disability in the leg. After recent knee replacement surgery I am walking normally and have achieved virtually full range of motion once again. This was very important since I care for two adults with disabilities. Thanks Dr. Rasmussen.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Linda Rasmussen is a true professional and expert in her field. From her diagnosis, the orthoscopic procedure for a torn meniscus, to full use of the leg was a very short time. Within two weeks of the surgery, I was on a mountain bike with my daughter. Within 5 weeks of the surgery, I completed the 2016 Honolulu Century Bicycle ride with no pain in my knee. It was a fun ride. I have no reservations recommending her to anyone.
in Kaneohe, HI |
I am pleased to be a patient of Dr. Linda Rasmussen. She is an excellent surgeon. Dr. Linda recently performed my Total Knee Replacement at Castle Medical Center. Dr. Linda & The Castle Joint Care Center team provide a complete well organized and excellent experience. Dr. Linda told me exactly what I was to expect. There were no surprises. Knowing what happens eased my concerns for this complex surgery. Dr. Linda and her staff made me feel as if we are the most important person in the world.
in Kaneohe, HI |
When the shots stopped working in my knee, I asked my HMO about knee replacement surgery. At 61, the HMO doctor told me I was too young even though I could barely walk. Then I saw Dr. Rasmussen. She diagnosed the advanced arthritis in my knee and other joints. I scheduled surgery right away. 1 month out, I am regaining full mobility, pain free. DON'T WAIT TO GET HEALTHY. Life is too short! Dr. Rasmussen is a caring doctor that does what is best for her patients, not the bottom line.
in Makawao, HI |
I had knee surgery on June 24, 2016 at Castle Hospital. The procedure was performed by Dr Rasmussen. I had excellent care at Castle Hospital from Friday to Sunday and I had hardly any pain after the procedure except for discomfort from the knee. She recommended two excellent physical therapist who have helped me to bring my knee back to normal. I am 3/4 healed.
in Kaneohe |
Dr. Rasmussen recently did two full knee replacements five weeks apart on me. I now have full range of motion and feel great. I'm so glad that I finally made the decision to get this done. I'm like so many others who say, I wish I would have done this sooner! Dr. Rasmussen is so warm and accommodating you feel like you're being treated by family. I highly recommend her and the fabulous staff at Castle Medical Center.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Rasmussen objectively evaluates your situation and provides an honest assessment of your situation and the best way to address it. She willingly took me on as a patient after I had surgery from another doctor that was unsuccessful. In spite of having very different approaches and techniques, she was very professional and never spoke ill of the other surgeon.
Honolulu, HI |
Dr Rasmussen oersted on both of my knees with good results. She was awesome!
in Haleiwa Hi |
Dr Rasmussen is an awesome surgeon and person. In the past five months she has replaced both of my hips. I am pain free, more stable and am back to enjoying life. Happy with the results of my first hip I wanted to postpone the next surgery. Dr Rasmussen patiently listened to my concerns then convinced me of the benefits of doing the second hip soon. She was so right! Recovery was easier.I don't worry about falling anymore. Dr. Rasmussen Is highly skilled. She listens and she cares.
Renton, WA |
Took time to listen. Great doctor
Total hip replacement process was excellent--felt very confident with Dr. Rasmussen. Recovery was smooth and quick. My gait and length of stride has improved, so what I thought were symptoms of my Parkinson's disease appear to have been caused by my deteriorating hip. Totally satisfied with the result of the surgery.
in Kailua, HI |
Hi, my name is Danny. I had a total hip replacement.I was really scared of the thought of being cut open and having my hip joint cut out and replaced. The pain that I was going through made up my mind to go ahead with the surgery.I also knew of Dr. Rasmussen's great reputation and after meeting with her she gained my total trust. My surgery was on May 16th, I was out of the hospital the next day, Used a walker for 2 weeks, a cane for 2 more weeks.I am walking normally by the 18th of June! ALOHA
in Kailua, HI |
Dr. Rasmussen is an experienced surgeon. She did my ACL reconstruction in '97. It lasted just about 20 years of hard firefighting rescue work. Now that I'm retired, I work as commercial diver for Sea Eng. Inc. At my office visit, the Dr. that she stated, do you want continue to have your knee operate at 60% or do you want to get the knee replacement and do all the things you want to do to your full capability? That was the deciding factor. My new knee is now working great. I'm back in action!
in Makawao, HI |
Dr Rasmussen did an amazing job with my TKR. I'm a 36 year old whose been overweight most of my adult life. I met her at my point of no return, bone on bone, bone spurs, etc. I didn't realize how bad it had gotten. Dr opted to do surgery on me with little hesitation despite my age. I am recovering great and look forward to sharing a healthy, pain free life with my kids. I would recommend Dr Rasmussen to anyone needing a TKR. I feel she truly cares for her patients and wants the best for them.
in Kaneohe, HI |
I figure good visit on review but all I was told too fat in medical diplomat way and didn't help my hip pain at all wasted visit
in Kihei, HI |
I can make this easy for you. I spent a considerable amount of time researching orthopedic surgeons in Hawaii who perform total hip replacements. I wanted the best possible outcome when faced with this surgery. I am mid fifties and very athletic. I was not willing to give up my month of skiing in the winter, or my passions of cycling, hiking, swimming and fitness training. Linda Rasmussen, her excellent staff at Windward, and the outstanding group at Castle Medical Center are amazing.
in Honolulu, HI |
I have had hip replacements early in life and had to have some revisions. I am so happy my last revision was done by Dr. Rasmussen. This one was the easiest and least painful of all my surgeries! I was in surgery in the afternoon and the next day I was home. I was off pain medications two days later. I cannot recommend Dr. Rasmussen enough. She was so kind and caring from the moment we found out I had to have the revision to after surgery care. The Castle staff was also outstanding!
in Kailua, HI |
I have had 2 knee replacements by Dr. Rasmussen. I would not recommend or go to any other Dr. She is the best in her field on the island of Oahu. She also treats me for other ailments related to my arthritis. She has taken care of me for over 15 years.
in Honolulu, HI |
Aloha, Linda performed a total knee replacement on my right knee. I cannot give a more positive rating RE: Linda. The recovery is going very well - better than my other knee ten years ago. Linda's competency is unmatched. Everything she does is aimed at a successful & quick recovery time. Her personal involvement & communication skills are the best. I know many who have benefitted from Linda's skills & professionalism. Everybody loves her & her work. I give Linda my highest recommendation.
Honolulu, HI |
Knowledgeable and very compassionate.
in Kailua, HI |
Dr.Rasmussen listens to everything I have to say!! No rushing!! I had a total knee replacement and one month later I was in the pool!! I thank Dr. Rasmussen for her excellent surgery!!
in Kailua, HI |
I am so happy that I found Dr. Linda Rasmussen. I have had serious injuries to my neck and spine in 1998 from a car wreck. So when I fell and broke my hip I was really afraid. I waited two years, suffering, unable to walk, drive, sleep, clean. When I found Dr. Rasmussen it was a blessing!! I wouldn't have waited if I knew about her before!! Now it's 6 months post surgery and I'm almost 100% I am gardening, driving, swimming. I have my life back Thank YOU Linda Rasmussen.
in Honolulu, HI |
I was in pain for couple of years. Lucky for me, I am a volunteer at Castle Hospital where Dr. Rasmussen noticed that I was walking slower and slower each time she saw me. I had severe Arthritis in both knees. I said what can I do about it. She said all I had to do was come see her at the office. Everything from there on was simple The office staff and the hospital staff made things so easy After my first knee surgery was complete I couldn't wait to do my second knee. Dr. R is the best.
Kailua, HI |
I am an active 46 year old male who had been battling pain since my teens from a car accident. I had an arthroscopic knee surgery seven years ago, but never attained 100% recovery and range of motion. After having a TKR a little over two months ago, I am now pain free and able to enjoy weight lifting, jujitsu, etc. Dr. Rasmussen kept her promise, no more pain. She is heaven-sent and highly recommended.
in Kihei, HI |
Dr. Rasmussen and her staff are incredible. The attention to detail, the feeling of having everything thought of and taken care of for me was awesome. Her team of professional people work so well together- nothing was forgotten. Dr. Rasmussen answered all my questions and explained everything in a way that I understood what was about to happen. I was completely confident in her ability to do my knee replacement.
in Kailua, HI |
Dr. Rasmussen successfully performed arthroscopic surgery on my left knee in 2016, to repair two tears in my meniscus. Surgery went well; recovery time was minimal, her patient ~ doctor rapport is excellent. I highly recommend Dr. Rasmussen. Her office staff is cordial and caring. Her surgical staff is very professional and sincerely interested in you, as a patient.
in Kailua, HI |
Dr. Rasmussen is a pleasure to deal with. I needed hip replacement surgery; she explained the reasons why, the procedure details and the recovery process. The surgery went well with minimal pain. The recovery with therapy at Castle hospital was thorough and effective. The staff at Castle was wonderful, always concerned with my post op recovery, as was the therapist. If you need this type of surgery, do not fear it I would recommend Dr. Rasmussen as well as Castle hospital.
in Kailua, HI |
Dr. Rasmussen repaired my broken femur in 2002 and for years after, I had to think to remember which hip it was that was broken! Alas, about 12 years later at age 57, the hip was starting to bother me due to bone spurs and other issues, so I saw Dr Rasmussen again and had a hip replacement done January 11th 2016. It's been one month and I'm doing great, biking, swimming, and doing the Koko Crater stairs (slowly, I'll admit)! Dr. Rasmussen explains everything clearly, and does excellent work!
She is heaven sent.
in Milliani Hawaii |
Dr Rasmussen was kind understanding of my situation and I am so thankful she was recommended to me by some friends of my husband and I we never heard of Dr. Rasmussen because we don't live in the area she is from on Oahu but I will say IF YOU NEED A DOCTOR THAT'S CAREING YET PROFESSIONAL AND VERY GOOD AT WHAT SHE DOES CONTACT DR.RASMUSSEN My surgery had to be redone because my first knee replacement in 2013 wasn't done right suffered ALOT for two t years now I am doing much better ALOHA Caroline
Have you seen Dr. Linda J. Rasmussen, MD?
Are you Dr. Rasmussen?

Compare Dr. Rasmussen

Dr. Rasmussen says...

Allowing people to remain independent and active, especially as they age is an important part of my practice.  This is a multifactorial process and the patient become part of the TEAM to improving their health and well being. Many patients find improvement through conservative treatment, however, surgery sometimes is necessary for optimal results.  Patients with significant arthritis, that has failed conservative treatment, in their hips and knees, live 4 years longer after joint replacement surgery with a much higher quality of life, than those who avoid surgery.

Dr. Rasmussen's Care Philosophy

Dr. Rasmussen says...

After 21 years in practice in Hawaii, I have a good knowledge base to make a diagnosis and recommend treatment that is best for that individual patient.

Dr. Rasmussen says...

I have 21 years of experience with hip and knee replacement including robotic partial knee replacement, makoplasty.  In the past 2 years, I have done more than 180 partial robotic assisted knee replacements.  Each week I perform approximately 10 knee and hip replacements.  I also do all the complex hip and knee replacements at Shriners Hospital for Children.  Some of these kids have never had a normal functioning hip with abnormal underlying anatomy.  There is tremendous joy watching them walk for the first time without pain in their teens.

Dr. Rasmussen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Hawaii not available

Dr. Rasmussen has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Hawaii.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rasmussen's Board Certifications

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Hip Arthritis
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

San Francisco Orth Res Training Prg

Completed in 1994

Saint Martins University

Graduated in 1984

Dr. Rasmussen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rasmussen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Computer-Assisted Total Hip Replacement
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement Revision

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.