Dr. Linda Rasmussen, MD

Dr. Linda Rasmussen, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Allowing people to remain independent and active, especially as they age is an important part of my practice. This is a multifactorial process and the patient become part of the TEAM to improving their health and well being. Many patients find improvement through conservative treatment, however, surgery sometimes is necessary for optimal results. Patients with significant arthritis, that has failed conservative treatment, in their hips and knees, live 4 years longer after joint replacement surgery with a much higher quality of life, than those who avoid surgery.

30 Aulike St Ste 201

Kailua, HI 96734

• Hawaii Medical Service Association (HMSA)

Learn about Dr. Rasmussen

See how frequently Dr. Rasmussen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Knee
Osteoarthritis
Bone Disorders

Dr. Rasmussen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Rasmussen "I spend quality time with each patient, listening carefully to their symptoms and problems. Each patient is an individual and requires treatment that is unique to their specific issues."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Heel Spur
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lupus

• Pediatric Hip Surgery
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement Revision

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Hawaii.

• Saint Martins University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • San Francisco Orth Res Training Prg
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994

• Hawaii Arthritis Foundation Physician of the Year, 2000

Dr. Rasmussen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rasmussen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rasmussen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rasmussen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rasmussen to family and friends
Dr. Rasmussen's Performance
in Wailuku, HI |
I had had knee pain in my right knee since Sept. 2016. I was very fortunate that my family physician was able to refer me to Dr. Rasmussen. Immediately after surgery (Oct. 4, 2017) I was totally free of pain. I had become rather depressed & felt 10 years older than I am. I now feel like I have a new lease on life - back to walking the beach & my other normal activities. I felt like Dr. Rasmussen was sincere & really cared. Her technical expertise is beyond compare!
Kailua, HI |
2yr f/u of a partial knee replacement. Dr. Rasmussen was extremely happy to see how active I am - Yoga, ocean swimming, boogie boarding, Pop Pilates, weight lifting, walking (TONS of it), hiking, biking, and MORE! I have my life back - I can chase after my lil minions and NOT have sit and rest time. No canes or walkers, just me and my two busy legs! :) This surgery was a LIFE changer for my well being, and I have no regrets on it.
in Kaneohe, HI |
Dr. Rasmussen is an amazing doctor and if you are considering hip surgery, I would highly recommend her. She did my total hip replacement in 2002 which I needed after running daily for over 20 years. I was very sad to not be able to run again but she was very caring and supportive while providing me with the evidence to discourage it. I am still quite active and continue to hike, bike and walk everyday and my hip feels great. No problems after 15 years. And she really cares about her patients.
in Kailua, HI |
Dr. Linda Rasmussen did my first knee full knee replacement & the second knee Makoplasty just 6 weeks later. All went extremely well. Her exceptional skills, experience, post-op care in the hospital, bed-side manner, & follow-up were wonderful. Scars are minimal! There is no pain in my knees now & I even ride my bike around town & play golf only 4 weeks after the last knee surgery. I should have done it 10 years ago! Dr. R is a PRO & has given me the QUALITY OF LIFE back that I was missing.
Kailua, HI |
Dr Rasmussen replaced both my hips with excellent results. She was thorough in explanations before surgery and attentive and thorough during recovery, with a very good referral for post op physical therapy.
Kaneohe, HI |
I had a lateral MAKOplasty performed by Dr. Rasmussen. She spends the time needed to address patients needs. Her joint care team at Castle Medical provided me with excellent, compassionate care, the recovery has been twice as fast as expected with minimal scarring. It doesn't even look as if Ihad a knee replacement after 7 weeks.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Rasmussen is a great Doctor.. I have had both knees replaced (full) within 4 months of each other.. the level of service is excellent as it can be. If you are hesitating on getting your life back, just make appointment and have a consultation..you won't be sorry..also, she has an office full of her photography..its lovely!
in Kaneohe, HI |
I'm a 52 year old male who went through two hip replacements within the past 6 years.I was 46 years old and in my prime years of my life for my first hip replacement and I never thought in a million years it would be me.Why me? I thought & thought.I was mad with God and I could not forgive him for my faith. FAITH is a big word that also goes both ways. Knowing that I can not turn back time, I learned that FAITH in God and good Orthopedic surgeon is what was needed. I found God and Dr Rasmussen.
Longmont, CO |
As an overweight 70+ person with totally horrible knees, my world and activities had shrunk to just about nothing. Dr. Rasmussen replaced both of my knees a month apart and I am doing fine and thank her for giving me back my life. Now I feel like doing things again, have no pain in first knee and just a little once in a while in the second. I can't say enough about her skill, efficiency, and down-to-earth compassionate manner. So glad I chose her!
in Honolulu, HI |
Aloha, the name to remember is Dr. Linda Rasmussen. I'm a 60 year old local male who started having pain in my right hip a few years ago. It was recommended I have a hip replacement. I shopped the internet to find out the procedure and rehab so I understood what was going to happen. My first visit with Dr. Rasmussen was great, she was comforting, she put me at ease, answered my questions, I knew it was going to be good. Its been 76 day since surgery, I'm walking, without aid and happy I did it!
in Wailuku, HI |
After attending a very informative seminar on Maui I scheduled an appointment for a consultation on Oahu with Dr. Rasmussen. While reviewing my x-rays she explained my options and answered all my questions about a total knee replacement. After completing the surgery she provided me with excellent care both in the hospital and during my follow-up visit. I believe that the knee replacement with Dr. Rasmussen was a great decision and success. Mahalo Dr. Rasmussen and support team!
Honolulu, HI |
Dr Rasmussen identified complex knee issues that other physicians missed. Doctor moved quickly to get an MRI from high quality InVision provider. Doctor was able to accelerate insurance slowdowns to provide a timely knee replacement surgery for my 89 year old mother. Results and process were just as Doctor described. Mom is walking again with way less pain than pre-surgery. Any surgery is rough on an 89 year old. Dr. Rasmussen saw that the difficulty of a 1-month recuperation was worth it.
Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Rasmussen was everything a doctor should be - professional, well organized, knowledgeable and most of all, someone who has your best interests at heart. Being overweight, she was blunt with me about the concerns that she had about operating on someone my size and how my attitude and commitment to my own wellness was that most important aspect in my getting well. After getting both knees replaced, I am back to the road to walking and being more active! Excellent surgeon.
in Kailua, hi |
I would recommend dr Rasmussen to everyone in need of knee problems. She's so caring and I trust her completely. She took X-rays of my knees and showed the X-rays to me showing problem areas and what she recommends be done to correct it. She was so thorough and asked if I had any questions and took her time explaining to me, never rushed to go thru my problems. She's awesome.
in Pahoa, HI |
My best experience ever. Dr. Rasmussen had the solution to my knee pain. 6 weeks post surgery, my pain of 20 years is gone. Dr. Rasmussen, her staff, and hospital facilities are top notch. Best experience ever.
in Kailua, HI |
After Linda Rasmussen did a complete knee surgery for me she was up in the hospital room twice a day checking on me and my well being. You cannot find a more loving, caring, and loaded with knowledge then with her. She would answer my questions no matter how trivial.
in Makawao, HI |
I have followed Dr. Rasmussen for over 2 years as well as a few others in Hawaii. When I finally decided to have knee surgery I decided I would have her do it. That was 6 weeks ago and I’m here to say that it was the best decision I’ve ever made. I waited on this review to see how my knee was doing after 6 weeks. Its doing great. Do your own research but I'm glad I picked Dr. Rasmussen
in Mililani, HI |
Dr. Rasmussen has an impressive record of surgical experience, which certainly imparts comfidence to a patiend. She communicates clearly the patient's medical situation, treatment indicated, and procedures involved. The organization of her office and of the processes at Castle Hospital are impressive. The office staff and hospital staff are kind and helpful. I had a total hip replacement with a minimum of discomfort and a rapid return to much improved mobility.
in Hauula, HI |
I was provided with a DVD (MRI of knee) and copies of the report. After reviewing the MRI results, she told me that I was a candidate for a knee replacement. I had read the report and was confident she knew what she was talking about. Yet, she wasn't pushing me to get a total knee. She explained that everyone is different, and didn't promise me outcomes, yet had hope that surgery to remove my shredded meniscus might prove helpful. She is skilled and my recovery is progressing along.
in Kaneohe, HI |
Dr. Rasmussen is an excellent orthopedic surgeon with a bedside manner that beams "Aloha". I have TKRs in both my knees over the last four months and am very happy with the results. Dr. Rasmussen and her staff have been very professional, courteous and attentive throughout the entire process and continue providing excellent care. Highly recommended!
in Mililani, HI |
Dr Rasmussen is above excellent!! She is caring and always spend time with you. She listens and addresses your concerns thoroughly. Her Kaneohe staff is just great. Best of all she is an exceptionally competent surgeon.
in Kailua, HI |
I went in for a check up as my right knee was bothering me thinking I would have to schedule Physical Therapy. Ended up having to schedule surgery for a torn meniscus. Everything happened so fast, but I knew I was in good hands. Surgery was October 20th and I'm almost back to 100% use of my knee. Feeling good. She has me doing ONE simple exercise (leg lifts - not sure the real name of the exercise) and feeling as good as new. I would highly recommend Dr Rasmussen to all.
in Mililani, HI |
Excellent results; excellent patient service
in Kailua, Hi |
Dr. Rasmussen no ka' oi! This spring I finally overcame my fears and had a total knee replacement. Both knees were bone on bone and hurt all the time. After the incredible job Dr. Rasmussen did, I decided to get the second knee done. I was amazed at how small the scars were and how quickly l healed. The 8 weeks of healing and physical therapy was hard, but so worth it. I can now hike, walk and dance again. Thank you Dr. Razmussen. You are a pro at what you do. If you're suffering don't wait.
in Waimanalo,Hawaii |
Dr.Linda Rasmussen, Was highly recommended to me by friends and family! I am so happy that I went to her, she has excellent bedside manners, makes you feel safe and is so very confident of her work;) Not bragging, but I was up walking around in no time and when I came home I did great independently within the week! By 2 weeks I needed no assistance of any aids or help from anyone! PT is the key to healing and moving ASAP! Enchanter Lake Therapist are the bomb and so is Dr. Rasmussin!!!
in 1555 Aulena Place Honolulu, HI |
My recovery time was very short. My dad and brother had knee replacement and took a long time to recover.
in Kailua, HI |
I found Dr. Rasmussen to be extremely skilled. She is very personable and thorough. I had a sports injury (knee) and reconstructive surgery 30 years ago and hadn't walked properly since. I never regained full range of motion and was determined to have a 29% disability in the leg. After recent knee replacement surgery I am walking normally and have achieved virtually full range of motion once again. This was very important since I care for two adults with disabilities. Thanks Dr. Rasmussen.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Linda Rasmussen is a true professional and expert in her field. From her diagnosis, the orthoscopic procedure for a torn meniscus, to full use of the leg was a very short time. Within two weeks of the surgery, I was on a mountain bike with my daughter. Within 5 weeks of the surgery, I completed the 2016 Honolulu Century Bicycle ride with no pain in my knee. It was a fun ride. I have no reservations recommending her to anyone.
in Kaneohe, HI |
I am pleased to be a patient of Dr. Linda Rasmussen. She is an excellent surgeon. Dr. Linda recently performed my Total Knee Replacement at Castle Medical Center. Dr. Linda & The Castle Joint Care Center team provide a complete well organized and excellent experience. Dr. Linda told me exactly what I was to expect. There were no surprises. Knowing what happens eased my concerns for this complex surgery. Dr. Linda and her staff made me feel as if we are the most important person in the world.
in Kaneohe, HI |
When the shots stopped working in my knee, I asked my HMO about knee replacement surgery. At 61, the HMO doctor told me I was too young even though I could barely walk. Then I saw Dr. Rasmussen. She diagnosed the advanced arthritis in my knee and other joints. I scheduled surgery right away. 1 month out, I am regaining full mobility, pain free. DON'T WAIT TO GET HEALTHY. Life is too short! Dr. Rasmussen is a caring doctor that does what is best for her patients, not the bottom line.
in Makawao, HI |
I had knee surgery on June 24, 2016 at Castle Hospital. The procedure was performed by Dr Rasmussen. I had excellent care at Castle Hospital from Friday to Sunday and I had hardly any pain after the procedure except for discomfort from the knee. She recommended two excellent physical therapist who have helped me to bring my knee back to normal. I am 3/4 healed.
in Kaneohe |
Dr. Rasmussen recently did two full knee replacements five weeks apart on me. I now have full range of motion and feel great. I'm so glad that I finally made the decision to get this done. I'm like so many others who say, I wish I would have done this sooner! Dr. Rasmussen is so warm and accommodating you feel like you're being treated by family. I highly recommend her and the fabulous staff at Castle Medical Center.
in Honolulu, HI |
Dr. Rasmussen objectively evaluates your situation and provides an honest assessment of your situation and the best way to address it. She willingly took me on as a patient after I had surgery from another doctor that was unsuccessful. In spite of having very different approaches and techniques, she was very professional and never spoke ill of the other surgeon.
Honolulu, HI |
Dr Rasmussen oersted on both of my knees with good results. She was awesome!
in Haleiwa Hi |
Dr Rasmussen is an awesome surgeon and person. In the past five months she has replaced both of my hips. I am pain free, more stable and am back to enjoying life. Happy with the results of my first hip I wanted to postpone the next surgery. Dr Rasmussen patiently listened to my concerns then convinced me of the benefits of doing the second hip soon. She was so right! Recovery was easier.I don't worry about falling anymore. Dr. Rasmussen Is highly skilled. She listens and she cares.
Renton, WA |
Took time to listen. Great doctor
Total hip replacement process was excellent--felt very confident with Dr. Rasmussen. Recovery was smooth and quick. My gait and length of stride has improved, so what I thought were symptoms of my Parkinson's disease appear to have been caused by my deteriorating hip. Totally satisfied with the result of the surgery.
in Kailua, HI |
Hi, my name is Danny. I had a total hip replacement.I was really scared of the thought of being cut open and having my hip joint cut out and replaced. The pain that I was going through made up my mind to go ahead with the surgery.I also knew of Dr. Rasmussen's great reputation and after meeting with her she gained my total trust. My surgery was on May 16th, I was out of the hospital the next day, Used a walker for 2 weeks, a cane for 2 more weeks.I am walking normally by the 18th of June! ALOHA
in Kailua, HI |
Dr. Rasmussen is an experienced surgeon. She did my ACL reconstruction in '97. It lasted just about 20 years of hard firefighting rescue work. Now that I'm retired, I work as commercial diver for Sea Eng. Inc. At my office visit, the Dr. that she stated, do you want continue to have your knee operate at 60% or do you want to get the knee replacement and do all the things you want to do to your full capability? That was the deciding factor. My new knee is now working great. I'm back in action!
in Makawao, HI |
Dr Rasmussen did an amazing job with my TKR. I'm a 36 year old whose been overweight most of my adult life. I met her at my point of no return, bone on bone, bone spurs, etc. I didn't realize how bad it had gotten. Dr opted to do surgery on me with little hesitation despite my age. I am recovering great and look forward to sharing a healthy, pain free life with my kids. I would recommend Dr Rasmussen to anyone needing a TKR. I feel she truly cares for her patients and wants the best for them.
in Kaneohe, HI |
I figure good visit on review but all I was told too fat in medical diplomat way and didn't help my hip pain at all wasted visit
in Kihei, HI |
I can make this easy for you. I spent a considerable amount of time researching orthopedic surgeons in Hawaii who perform total hip replacements. I wanted the best possible outcome when faced with this surgery. I am mid fifties and very athletic. I was not willing to give up my month of skiing in the winter, or my passions of cycling, hiking, swimming and fitness training. Linda Rasmussen, her excellent staff at Windward, and the outstanding group at Castle Medical Center are amazing.
in Honolulu, HI |
I have had hip replacements early in life and had to have some revisions. I am so happy my last revision was done by Dr. Rasmussen. This one was the easiest and least painful of all my surgeries! I was in surgery in the afternoon and the next day I was home. I was off pain medications two days later. I cannot recommend Dr. Rasmussen enough. She was so kind and caring from the moment we found out I had to have the revision to after surgery care. The Castle staff was also outstanding!
in Kailua, HI |
I have had 2 knee replacements by Dr. Rasmussen. I would not recommend or go to any other Dr. She is the best in her field on the island of Oahu. She also treats me for other ailments related to my arthritis. She has taken care of me for over 15 years.
in Honolulu, HI |
Aloha, Linda performed a total knee replacement on my right knee. I cannot give a more positive rating RE: Linda. The recovery is going very well - better than my other knee ten years ago. Linda's competency is unmatched. Everything she does is aimed at a successful & quick recovery time. Her personal involvement & communication skills are the best. I know many who have benefitted from Linda's skills & professionalism. Everybody loves her & her work. I give Linda my highest recommendation.
Honolulu, HI |
Knowledgeable and very compassionate.
in Kailua, HI |
Dr.Rasmussen listens to everything I have to say!! No rushing!! I had a total knee replacement and one month later I was in the pool!! I thank Dr. Rasmussen for her excellent surgery!!
in Kailua, HI |
I am so happy that I found Dr. Linda Rasmussen. I have had serious injuries to my neck and spine in 1998 from a car wreck. So when I fell and broke my hip I was really afraid. I waited two years, suffering, unable to walk, drive, sleep, clean. When I found Dr. Rasmussen it was a blessing!! I wouldn't have waited if I knew about her before!! Now it's 6 months post surgery and I'm almost 100% I am gardening, driving, swimming. I have my life back Thank YOU Linda Rasmussen.
in Honolulu, HI |
I was in pain for couple of years. Lucky for me, I am a volunteer at Castle Hospital where Dr. Rasmussen noticed that I was walking slower and slower each time she saw me. I had severe Arthritis in both knees. I said what can I do about it. She said all I had to do was come see her at the office. Everything from there on was simple The office staff and the hospital staff made things so easy After my first knee surgery was complete I couldn't wait to do my second knee. Dr. R is the best.
Kailua, HI |
I am an active 46 year old male who had been battling pain since my teens from a car accident. I had an arthroscopic knee surgery seven years ago, but never attained 100% recovery and range of motion. After having a TKR a little over two months ago, I am now pain free and able to enjoy weight lifting, jujitsu, etc. Dr. Rasmussen kept her promise, no more pain. She is heaven-sent and highly recommended.
Have you seen Dr. Linda Rasmussen, MD?
Are you Dr. Rasmussen?

Visit Dr. Rasmussen

Dr. Rasmussen accepts 8 insurance carriers
    Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Hawaii Medical Service Association (HMSA)
    HMSA All of Hawaii HMO-High