Dr. Lina O'Brien, MD

4370 W 109th St Ste 350
Leawood, KS 66211 Get Directions

2015 Five Star Recipient for Treatment of Gastrointestinal Bleed

View Ratings

Dr. O'Brien specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery and practices in Leawood, KS. She practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. O'Brien? Add your own statement here.

Dr. O'Brien's Experience

See how Dr. O'Brien's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. O'Brien

Dr. O'Brien accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. O'Brien has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. O'Brien's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. O'Brien to family and friends
Experience with Dr. O'Brien
Dr. O'Brien's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (46)
in Mission, KS |
Dr. O'Brien is the first rectal surgeon who truly listened and cared about my medical situation. She is the third rectal surgeon I have been to, and she is the first who did not send me away with an ointment or cream. I have a printed report and believe that she wants to help me to get healed. She is encouraging and kind.
Olathe, KS |
I had a great experience with the office and Dr. O'Brien. They worked me in to the schedule the same day my OB called in and I was very appreciative because of the discomfort I was experiencing. I had an office surgery and Dr. O'Brien made me feel very comfortable.
in Olathe |
I enjoyed meeting Dr. O'Brien, my mother has been a patient of hers for several years. I was very impressed and will continue to see her for my condition.
Overland Park, KS |
I have been professionally associated with the healthcare industry for about 30 years and have found Dr. O'Brien to be without a doubt one of the finest physicians I have had contact. I truly believe that she has lengthened my life through surgery and the excellent care she has continued to provide.
in Overland Park, KS |
This was my 1st visit with Dr. O'Brien. I was very impressed with her bedside manner. She was very friendly and unhurried. She took time to answer all of my questions. I appreciate that she had an assistant taking notes on a laptop and she sat and talked to me directly. And instead of immediately suggesting surgery, she helped me to look at other options available. Very wonderful experience.
in Independence, MO |
Gives detailed explanations. Makes you comfortable with what is going to happen. Gives you the time you need to understand the whole process.
in Kansas City, MO |
She took a lot of time explaining the procedure and preparing me for the surgery. Sigmoid resection was amazingly easy for me. Minimal pain and in hospital only about 3 days.
in Prairie Village, KS |
She has an excellent reputation. She was highly recommended by my GI doctor. We heard recommendations/compliments from a number of nurses. She is known to be a very precise surgeon whose work minimizes post operative issues. In my case, being on day nine after surgery, my recovery is progressing well. I have been walking for short periods daily and navigating stairs in the home and have had virtually no pain medication since leaving the hospital on day three.Very personable. Dedicated staff.
in Lenexa, KS |
Dr. O'Brien was extremely knowledgable and helpful when making the decision to have my surgery. I felt very comfortable trusting my care to Dr. O'Brien. She was able to answer any questions that I had as well as calm any concerns. I would recommend Dr. O'Brien to anyone looking for a colon surgeon.
in Lake Winnebago, MO |
Dr. O'Brien sat down and listened to the history while looking at me, not writing or typing on a computer as many physicians do in this time of electronic medical records. She had reviewed my old past medical record and went out to look at new information. I sensed she was very thorough and wanting to get all the facts and details organized and clear before proceeding with her plans to operate and fix my colon. Her entire staff were pleasant and helpful. She had been highly recommended to me.
in Kansas City, MO |
Procedure was completely painless, although nursing staff warned of pain, it never arrived. Yea!
in Cherryvale, KS |
She is efficient, yet personable. Very competent and has excellent follow up. Her office staff is supportive and caring. An excellent experience for a scary situation. She and her staff are wonderful. None better.
Have you seen Dr. Lina O'Brien, MD?
Are you Dr. O'Brien?

Compare Dr. O'Brien

More Colon & Rectal Surgery Specialists like Dr. O'Brien at Colorectal Surgery Associates - Leawood

Dr. O'Brien's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery
  •  Board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery and General Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Kansas not available

Dr. O'Brien has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

Why It Matters: Dr. O'Brien's Board Certifications

• Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Ulcer
  • Ulcerative Colitis

Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University
    Thomas Jefferson University Hospital

Completed in 1992

Thomas Jefferson University Hospital

Dr. O'Brien does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. O'Brien and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Colectomy and Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection of the Rectum With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Proctosigmoidopexy With Robotic Assistance