Dr. Lina O'Brien, MD

Dr. Lina O'Brien, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery  |

Dr. Lina O'Brien, MD is a colon & rectal surgery doctor who practices in Leawood, KS. She is 49 years old.

Colorectal Surgery Associates

4370 W 109th St Ste 350

Leawood, KS 66211

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
  • Cenpatico Behavioral Health
  • CompCare
  • CoreSource
  • CorVel
  • Family Health Partners

Learn about Dr. O'Brien

Video

See how frequently Dr. O'Brien performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Anal Disorders
Colectomy and Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
high

Dr. O'Brien's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. O'Brien "The physicians of Colorectal Surgery Associates, PC are committed to treating patients as individuals, to communicating their medical care in a manner that patients can understand, and to developing trusting doctor-patient relationships in order to foster the best possible treatment outcomes."

• Colon & Rectal Surgery

• Colectomy and Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection of the Rectum With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Proctosigmoidopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Sphincterotomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Thomas Jefferson University Hospital

Dr. O'Brien has no media or publications listed.

Dr. O'Brien does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. O'Brien and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. O'Brien's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. O'Brien to family and friends
Dr. O'Brien's Performance
in Overland Park, KS |
Great Doctor !
Mission, KS |
Very knowledgeable. Takes time to address all my concerns.
I have seen Dr O’Brien on several occasions. She always gives me first class service and listens to me. She is very through and compassionate to my needs. Thank you Dr O’Brien for showing us there are physicians that truly care about their patients.
in Kansas City, KS |
Dr. Lina O'Brien is such a wonderful, brilliant, and caring doctor!! I'm a 55 year old woman and had been procrastinating for years about getting a colonoscopy, but I had decided I was done suffering with external hemorrhoids, that we're limiting my quality of life. So, while researching the "chain" clinics, I found Dr. Lina. who unlike the "chain" clinics with the "catchy" jingles, Dr. Lina is a Board Certified Surgeon who's brilliant, but easy to talk to! Both of my procedures went swimmingly!
in Olathe, KS |
As I was told by another surgeon in KC, Dr. O'Brian is the best surgeon in the KC Metro. Can't sing her praises enough.
in Fenton, MO |
I was very pleased with my examination with dr. Obrien. I had seen a surgeon prior to seeing doctor O'Brien. There was a sharp contrast in what I received it was very positive with dr. Obrien
in Overland Park, KS |
Dr Obrien has an excellent bedside manner. She's very attentive. She makes brief notes on a sheet of paper and has an assistant that types things into a computer. I love that because I feel like she is 100% paying attention. She's very good about answering all my questions. And on top of all that she makes you feel comfortable and she is friendly. I highly recommend her.
in Mission, KS |
Dr. O'Brien is the first rectal surgeon who truly listened and cared about my medical situation. She is the third rectal surgeon I have been to, and she is the first who did not send me away with an ointment or cream. I have a printed report and believe that she wants to help me to get healed. She is encouraging and kind.
Olathe, KS |
I had a great experience with the office and Dr. O'Brien. They worked me in to the schedule the same day my OB called in and I was very appreciative because of the discomfort I was experiencing. I had an office surgery and Dr. O'Brien made me feel very comfortable.
in Olathe |
I enjoyed meeting Dr. O'Brien, my mother has been a patient of hers for several years. I was very impressed and will continue to see her for my condition.
Overland Park, KS |
I have been professionally associated with the healthcare industry for about 30 years and have found Dr. O'Brien to be without a doubt one of the finest physicians I have had contact. I truly believe that she has lengthened my life through surgery and the excellent care she has continued to provide.
in Independence, MO |
Gives detailed explanations. Makes you comfortable with what is going to happen. Gives you the time you need to understand the whole process.
in Kansas City, MO |
She took a lot of time explaining the procedure and preparing me for the surgery. Sigmoid resection was amazingly easy for me. Minimal pain and in hospital only about 3 days.
in Prairie Village, KS |
She has an excellent reputation. She was highly recommended by my GI doctor. We heard recommendations/compliments from a number of nurses. She is known to be a very precise surgeon whose work minimizes post operative issues. In my case, being on day nine after surgery, my recovery is progressing well. I have been walking for short periods daily and navigating stairs in the home and have had virtually no pain medication since leaving the hospital on day three.Very personable. Dedicated staff.
in Lenexa, KS |
Dr. O'Brien was extremely knowledgable and helpful when making the decision to have my surgery. I felt very comfortable trusting my care to Dr. O'Brien. She was able to answer any questions that I had as well as calm any concerns. I would recommend Dr. O'Brien to anyone looking for a colon surgeon.
in Lake Winnebago, MO |
Dr. O'Brien sat down and listened to the history while looking at me, not writing or typing on a computer as many physicians do in this time of electronic medical records. She had reviewed my old past medical record and went out to look at new information. I sensed she was very thorough and wanting to get all the facts and details organized and clear before proceeding with her plans to operate and fix my colon. Her entire staff were pleasant and helpful. She had been highly recommended to me.
in Kansas City, MO |
Procedure was completely painless, although nursing staff warned of pain, it never arrived. Yea!
in Cherryvale, KS |
She is efficient, yet personable. Very competent and has excellent follow up. Her office staff is supportive and caring. An excellent experience for a scary situation. She and her staff are wonderful. None better.
Have you seen Dr. Lina O'Brien, MD?
Are you Dr. O'Brien?

Visit Dr. O'Brien

Dr. O'Brien accepts 32 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City

Shawnee Mission, KS 66204
Saint Joseph Medical Center
1000 Carondelet Dr
Kansas City, MO 64114

More Colon & Rectal Surgery Specialists like Dr. O'Brien at Colorectal Surgery Associates