Dr. Lillian Schapiro, MD

Dr. Lillian Schapiro, MD

Gynecology  |
Female
Dr. Lillian Schapiro, MD is a gynecology specialist in Atlanta, GA and has been practicing for 27 years. She graduated from Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University in 1991 and specializes in gynecology and aesthetic medicine.Read her story

3200 Downwood Cir NW Ste 220

Atlanta, GA 30327

• AARP
  • Coventry Health Care of Georgia
  • Evolutions Healthcare Systems
  • Healthgram

Learn about Dr. Schapiro

See how frequently Dr. Schapiro performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Uterine Fibroids
high
Pap Smear Abnormalities
Endometriosis

Dr. Schapiro's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Schapiro's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Schapiro "My favorite referral was a doctor who referred his wife to me because she needed a gynecologist with a sense of humor. Most conversations in my office are about emotional issues and I pride myself on listening to my patients and being sensitive to their needs. Nobody wants to have surgery, and I try to make the process as easy as possible and offer other alternatives. I attended a girls school in Pittsburgh, PA, kindergarten through 12th grade. Never being told that I could not do something, I became a champion of empowering other women. I majored in Literature at Yale University, graduated and tried to "find myself" in California, but ended up at my mother's medical school class. She was in the first graduating class, one of only 3 women. As a chief resident in obstetrics and gynecology, my entire class of residents were women. In addition to my fantastic gyn practice, I am lucky to have 3 wonderful daughters and a terrific husband. I am committed to helping women around the world and my published senior research project was on access to cervical cancer screening in Bali. I have been to the Democratic of the Congo on three separate surgical trips as well as to Nepal to teach a post partum hemorrhage course."

This content was provided by Dr. Schapiro "The most important part of my practice is listening to you, the patient. I enjoy helping women through all phases of life, from the first visit when we may be talking about controlling your periods, later you may be trying not to get pregnant then trying to get pregnant.  I enjoy working with you to deal with the gynecologic issues such as irregular bleeding, fibroids and embarrassing urinary leakage. Every day is different and every patient is different.

Many conditions, such as fibroids and heavy bleeding, used to require major surgery and several nights in the hospital. Now, we can solve the problem with an office procedure or minimally invasive robotic surgery and you can get back to work much quicker.

Ideal Gynecology offers a comprehensive pelvic floor strengthening program that can be done as soon as 6 weeks postpartum or any time when you feel urinary leaking is a problem for you.

We have excellent gyn ultrasound machines and a gentle technician."

• Gynecology
  • Aesthetic Medicine

• Obstetrics & Gynecology
    Accredited by: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology*

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Yale University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1985
  • Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • Greater Balt Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Nc Hosps
  • Washington Hospital Center

Dr. Schapiro has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schapiro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schapiro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schapiro's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schapiro to family and friends
based on 9 total reviews (2 with comments)

Dr. Schapiro's Performance

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time
Dr. Schapiro Says:

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your experience. If you have suggestions or concerns, please contact my office at (470) 312-3696 so that we can address them promptly. We do not monitor this site on a regular basis.

in Peachtree City, GA
I love her!! I trust her!! She delivered my handsome son who is now almost 20! Dr Lillian Shapiro also has done several in office procedures on me from all the issues women go through!!! As soon as my new insurance kicks in which will be awesome, ,,,,,I'm going to drive back into Atlanta to have...more
in Atlanta, GA
Dr Schapiro is truly amazing!!! She is the absolute best at what she does! Her passion shows in her care. She naturally makes you feel completely comfortable in the office. The office is wonderful and the staff is just as amazing as she is! An all around great experience. Thank you Ideal...more

Are you Dr. Schapiro?