Dr. Liliana Goumnerova, MD

Dr. Liliana Goumnerova, MD

Pediatric Neurosurgery  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Liliana Goumnerova, MD is a pediatric neurosurgery specialist in Boston, MA and has been practicing for 30 years. She graduated from University Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine in 1980 and specializes in pediatric neurosurgery and neurosurgery.Read her story

300 Longwood Ave

Boston, MA 02115

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Goumnerova

Dr. Goumnerova's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Goumnerova "I am a pediatric neurosurgeon committed to the best possible outcomes for children with brain tumors at Boston Children's Hospital, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and through my efforts to raise standards of care here and abroad. I completed my residency at the University of Ottawa, in Canada, and was a fellow in pediatric neurosurgery at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto and in Neuroscience at the University of Pennsylvania. My joint training in both neurosurgery and basic neuroscience has helped me to treat patients at the highest level and conduct research that is forging new ground in our understanding of brain cancer biology. I am a director of the combined program in pediatric neurosurgical oncology at Dana-Farber/Boston Children's Cancer and Blood Disorders Center. I co-direct Boston Children's Hospital's Brain Tumor program, a multidisciplinary program that is a model nationwide and that I helped to establish. Since 1992, I have been in charge of the Neurosurgery Department's Quality Improvement program. I have developed an outcomes database for the Department of Neurosurgery and am working on standardizing outcome measures in our field. My work in this area aims to establish national outcomes measures for pediatric neurosurgical procedures for the first time. Boston Children's Hospital's industry-leading intraoperative MRI technology has contributed to this effort, allowing me to see whether we are accomplishing our goals as surgery progresses, and helping to set new benchmarks and leading to the best possible outcomes. I am committed to improving care overseas, through my relationship with CCHE (Children's Cancer Hospital Egypt) 57357 in Cairo, Egypt We have established a "twinning training program" between Boston Children's/Dana Farber Cancer Institute and CCHE 57357 in Pediatric Oncology and are developing a similar training program in pediatric neurosurgery. I have been honored to receive some of my field's most prestigious honors, including the Young Investigator Award from the American Association of Neurological Neurosurgeons in 1996 and the Women in Medicine prize in 2009 from Boston Children's Hospital."

• Pediatric Neurosurgery

• Pediatric Neurosurgical Procedures
  • Pediatric Outpatient Endoscopy
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Cord Surgery

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Medical Academy
  • Hospital For Sick Childrn University Toronto
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Goumnerova has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Goumnerova does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Goumnerova and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Goumnerova's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Goumnerova

4.0

Dr. Goumnerova?
Dr. Goumnerova's Performance

How was your experience with Dr. Goumnerova?