Dr. Ligia Rioja, MD

Neurology ·  Female · Age 52

Dr. Rioja

Rush Oak Park Specialty Clinic

610 S Maple Ave Ste 5500 Oak Park, IL 60304

Dr. Ligia Rioja, MD is a neurology specialist in Oak Park, IL and has been practicing for 20 years. She graduated from Rush University in 1993 and specializes in neurology and clinical neurophysiology.

Dr. Rioja accepts

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Rioja's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Chronic Tension-Type Headache
  • Cluster Headache
  • Cough Headache
  • Drug Rebound Headache
  • Headaches (Shunt Related)
  • Hypertension Headache

• Benign Paroxyzmal Vertigo of Childhood
  • Benign Positional Vertigo
  • Central Vestibular Vertigo
  • Migrainous Vertigo
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Rioja treats All Headaches (incl. Migraine) more than 81% of her peers

• Brain Aneurysm
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

Dr. Rioja?
Dr. Rioja's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ligia Rioja, MD
RecentMost Helpful
very good manner with my relative I accompanied who has a Learning Disability and some brain issues. She explained things carefully, went over tests and was very encouraging. She checked all tests and seemed very thorough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ligia Rioja, MD?
Dr. Rioja is the most professional and compassionate Dr. I've encountered. I suffer from migraines and occipital neuralgia with debilitating pain. After my first visit, Dr. Rioja ordered tests to reach a diagnosis and develop an ongoing treatment plan. Dr. Rioja is on time for appointments! Her office staff is professional and kind. Dr. Rioja is patient. She 'listens' to my concerns and never hustles me through my appointments. The few occasions I've had an 'urgent' situation, Dr. Rioja and her staff respond almost immediately. She is very knowledgeable about all types of headaches . Her scope of treatment options seems endless. No cookie-cutter diagnostics here-it’s personal with Dr. Rioja. I feel safe with her. Dr. Rioja cares about her patients and it shows. She takes time to discuss the best treatment for me and communicates in a language I understand. I recently had a health situation that Dr. Rioja is managing to get me the help I need. I'm lucky to have her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ligia Rioja, MD?
Dr. Rioja is amazing! I have a rare, chronic, complex illness and it is difficult for me to find doctors that are willing to work with me to get to the root of new symptoms and help determine if they are indeed related to the chronic condition or not. Dr. Rioja, took the time to listen to me, acknowledge my concerns, and answer my questions without trying to ‘hurry me out of the office.' She was kind, patient, and seemed genuinely concerned and interested in getting to the root of the issue. She was also willing to collaborate and think outside of the box. I can’t say enough good things about her! She is a wonderful doctor who really cares about her patients and I am so thankful to have found her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ligia Rioja, MD?
I have the absolute pleasure of being seen and treated by Dr. Rioja twice recently. She is one of the most pleasant, professional and thorough doctors I have met in a very long time. Her bed side manner is superb. She takes her time and explains everything she does and answers all questions. Stellar performance. I would definitely recommend her to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ligia Rioja, MD?
Dr. Rioja has demonstrated a warmth and compassion not often found in medicine. From my first encounter through a series of diagnostic tests, she has personally called me to follow up, discuss findings, and even asked for my permission to discuss my case with another physician. When my insurance would not cover a particular medication, she did not hesitate with providing the additional documentation. Her communication is thorough, timely and supportive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ligia Rioja, MD?
Hi Dr. Rioja, Today was my First visit with you and your staff, I just wanted to say first off you were so warm and friendly I felt like you really cared about my issues (I have been to many Dr.'s men/women the past 4 years due to my Medical Diagnosis and have literally walked out on a couple.so thank you for the professionalism & making me feel like a friend : ) 2nd I would like to say your office staff is wonderful.. Kelly was the 1st lady I talked to and she made a great impression! Thanks
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ligia Rioja, MD?
After having radiation treatments to help shrink a mass found in my brain, I started experiencing numbness to my arms and legs, heart palpitations, blurred vision, and the sensation that my throat was closing. Dr. Rioja did a thorough neuro examination and diagnosed me with nerve damage and hypersensitivity. She knew exactly what medication to prescribe me. I've been almost pain-free for 8 months and am now able to start college this fall. I couldn't be more appreciative for how she's helped me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ligia Rioja, MD?
Dr. Rioja has helped treat five members of my family in addition to myself. She has been incredibly kind and compassionate. I was suffering form rare disorder which went undiagnosed by three doctors. Dr. Rioja was able to figure out what was causing me so much discomfort and help effectively resolve it. She did this by listening very carefully to my symptoms and designing an individualized treatment plan. I recommend her to anyone I know who is experiencing neurological problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ligia Rioja, MD?
Dr. Rioja is very knowledgable, personable and bilingual. She was able to diagnose one of my family who speaks only Spanish and has dementia. She was so kind, patient and caring. Her office is very. clean and uses state-of -the- art- equipment. My family is so lucky to have found her! We will be referring all our friends who need a neurologist to Dr. Rioja!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ligia Rioja, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rioja?