Dr. Lewis Vollmar, MD

Dr. Lewis Vollmar, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Lewis Vollmar, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Saint Louis, MO. He is 69 years old and has been practicing for 45 years.

10004 Kennerly Rd Ste 274B

Saint Louis, MO 63128

• HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Vollmar

See how frequently Dr. Vollmar performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ringworm
Dermatitis
Hair Loss

Dr. Vollmar's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Hair Loss
  • Hives
  • Lichen Planus
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nail and Nail Bed Infection

• Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Skin Tag Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• Univ Of Mo Columbia Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1972
  • Ark
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1973
  • Mo
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1976

Dr. Vollmar has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Vollmar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vollmar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Vollmar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vollmar to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Vollmar's Performance
St Louis, MO |
Dr. Vollmar has been great to work with and his office staff is the most pleasant staff I have dealt with.
in St Peters, MO |
I'm very pleased with Dr. Vollmar and I've seen him a number of times over the past 20 years! He's direct, always answers my questions, and I'm never kept waiting. He's an excellent dermatologist whom I trust. Julie, his office manager, is always smiling and pleasant. Dr. Vollmar has a serious nature, which I don't mind since I'm there for help, not chit-chat.
in Hillsboro, MO |
After reading the other reviews, I feel compelled to add my two cents. Dr. Vollmar is not an out-going person. He simply has a very reserved personality. I probably would not take small children to him. I don't go there to chat and exchange pleasantries. However, having said that, let me explain I have been going to him for approximately 20 years. I am completely satisfied with his work. He is knowledgeable, thorough and direct. He answers all of my questions and I never feel rushed.
in St Louis, MO |
Rude, impatient, and doesn't know his stuff. He asked me to wait so he could go look up my issue online. Doctor actually googled my symptoms LOL . His staff is so sweet tho, i don't know why they are working for him, could do so much better.
in St Louis, MO |
Extremely cold, rude, impatient, unknowledgeable and down right mean.If you have a child DO NOT go 2this doctor. Had the nerve 2call me &tell me NOT TO BRING my baby girl with me2 my sons appt because she distracts him! Was so rude 2my 5 year old, on the day of his procedure he didn’t even say hello, 1st thing he said to us was “i’m not going to fight him” and “I need to give you a shot”,the sec my son said “but” he threw his hands up and said “this isn’t going to work”. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!
in Arnold MO |
I really like Dr Vollmar and his staff is see so sweet! Julie is amazing. He does his best to diagnose and treat the problems you are having! He is very intelligent and doesn't rush to misdiagnose. I've been going to him for over 20 years. When I was younger he helped me with some unwanted skin issues and that influenced me to become an Esthetician. Carla Baker
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Vollmar was extremely dismissive. He said how often I wash my face/cosmetics/diet are not important, and seemed convinced that the scripts he writes are the only thing that have definitive impact on acne. He then prescribed something he said would likely make my face burn and peel. I hate to focus only on the negative, but I left his office feeling very disrespected and disregarded. If you're not interested in listening to what someone has to say, don't ask questions in the first place.
in Festus MO |
Very kind & helpful with my questions. Extremely knowledgeable addressing my symptoms and attending to them to my satisfaction!
Have you seen Dr. Lewis Vollmar, MD?
Are you Dr. Vollmar?