Dr. Lew Schon, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 62

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Lew Schon, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Schon has extensive experience in Ankle & Foot Surgery. He is affiliated with Mercy Medical Center. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Lew Schon, MD

Greater Chesapeake Orthopedics Associates LLC

3333 N Calvert St Ste 400 Baltimore, MD 21218
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Dr. Schon's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schon

4.4

Honest, skilled, smart - a maverick
Dr. Schon knows the foot and ankle inside out. He has an uncanny way of intuitively knowing what is wrong with your foot and articulates in a lay person’s way how to fix the issue. He is honest. Doesn’t exaggerate like other surgeons about your condition to try to profit off you. He was the only one who suggested allograft tendon surgery to me while some others recommended aggressive triple hindfoot fusion! He turned out to be 100% correct. He is a cool, technically skilled surgeon with a great sense of humor and also a musician!
KC – Jan 17, 2023
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?
De Schon is everything a physician should be: exceptionally well trained and clinically experienced. He understands the mechanics, weaknesses and potential of our feet and ankles. He is a patient, terrific listener, asks about your goals, is clear about expectations and his patients matter to him. I have followed him to teo different institutions over more than 15 years because he's worth it.
Patty K – Nov 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?
While Dr Schon is an excellent surgeon. He - and his team - have no respect for their patients time or condition. I arrived for my third surgery today at the time directed 9:30am for and 11:30am surgery and I have been just been told that they have no idea when my surgery will happen. While I can understand that an emergency can arise. Chronic delays have proven to be their inexcusable approach to business - whether it be for surgery or a follow up appointment. The first time I had foot surgery, January 2019, Dr Schon was 8 hours delayed but I was told that was the fault of the memorial hospital team not adequately supporting His team and work. That has not proven to be true. The same delays are happening at Mercy. What is worse, both doctor and staff demonstrate little respect for the patient - they provide no updates and no explanation for the chronic delay today - they never have. The arrogance is palpable. Find another surgeon.
Oct 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?
It is with great pleasure and appreciation that I share my recent experience with Dr. Schon after a freak accident causing multiple fractures in my heel bone. I was referred by a friend who spoke very highly of Dr. Schon, but meeting him in person, I found him to be even more enthusiastic and caring. Dr. Schon immediately recognized the urgency and seriousness of my injury and operated on my foot in a very timely manner. I found Dr. Schon and his staff including Dr. Guzman to be extremely professional and at the same time enthusiastic about the needs of their patients. What Dr. Schon did on my foot was not just a surgery, but rather a craft. An art of fixing and putting so many broken bones together with minimal swelling. Thank you Dr. Schon, I appreciate what you and your staff did for me and I will strongly recommend you to all my friends and family with foot or ankle injuries.
Shahla Ameli – Jul 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?
He is the best of the best. I have a very complex ankle, and I would see no one else. A true treasure to any patient that is blessed enough to have him for their doctor.
Apr 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?
We all go through life and can count the people on one hand who have made a difference in our life. For several years i have been dealing with a sérious foot and ankle problem. I have been in and out of the hospital and have had many treatments and visits to spécialist. At this point, no medical professional could or was willing to help me. Amputation was inévitable. Prayer and the willingness to keep seeking out medical care lead me to Dr. Schon at Union Memorial Hospital now at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore During my consultation with Dr. Schon he was the first doctor that told me not to worry he was going to help me and i would be ok. At this point, i had hope. After several procédures and eight months later a miracle was born. His professional care and his willingness to take on a difficult challenge has succeeded where all others have failed. If you have a foot and ankle problem you owe to yourself to seek out the very best. A+ Dr. SCHON Thank you for not giving up. Robert H
Robert H Philadelphia – Oct 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?
Dr. Schon was very kind and patient as I had many questions over a period of many months. His answers were truthful as to risks, yet also reassuringly detailed. I had done my research in order to find a surgeon of his incomparable skill. But I lucked out with his wit and caring all along the way. My results have been excellent and I always knew what to expect and remain very, very grateful.
C.Kendall – Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?
Dr Schon operated on my leg 4 times without success. I had a severe bone infection that he was unable to cure. I was afraid that I was going to need an amputation, but when I voiced my concern to him, he laughed. I finally had the good sense to consult another doctor who did appropriate diagnostic testing and saved my leg. I would never refer another person to this incredibly arrogant man.
Jan 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?
10 minutes is not a vary long time for a visit.Came a long ways.Over 6 hours of travel time. Dr. Myerson destroyed my life years ago.
Sep 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?
Dr. Schon performed a BK Ertle on my amputated leg. I had constant pain before Dr. Schon’s work, pain free after.
Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?
Never have I had a doctor make me feel more important. His compassion and caring is second to none. I had an ankle replacement and everything has proceeded just as I was told I am currently 5 months post op and very happy with my progress. I would definitely recommend him to anybody! The 3 hour ride was definitely worth the time.
Dave mulcahy in Slatington, PA – Mar 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?
I had a sub talor navicular fusion in 2015 with Dr Schon. Before surgery my pain level was 20! After surgery the level dropped to 4. After a year I still had some pain. Since the fusion healed well Dr Schon took out the hardware and did some bone trimming. I’m 8 weeks post surgery and doing fabulous. Dr schon is kind, compassionate, caring, talented in many way and most of all funny. Laughter can you feel so much better! Main point, the guy is great. Trust him 100 %.
Nancy ross in Elkridge md 21075 – Mar 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?
I had polio when I was 10 months old, I am now 64...my foot was deformed and had pain and difficult to walk. I had my foot and ankle reconstructed by Dr. Lew Schon and has been the best I had done. I am pain free, and doing the best I have been in my life! I am more active and doing everything I like pain free and with a great performance, comfort and pleasure! I am back riding my horses an bike, swimming, trail walking, I even took a 5 hour walk in the jungle...actually is the best ever could h
Huber Garnier-Kruse in San José , Costa Rica – Feb 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Schon since 2004 when I had an ankle fusion. He also repaired previous surgery from another doctor in Germany. Now he's helping me with neuropathic issues in my feet and is very conscientious. He checked my fusion and gave me an excellent assessment of the future care of it. He is so personable and such an excellent surgeon that I won't hesitate to come to see him if necessary fromwhere I live in Florida.
Patricia bowers in St Petersburg Fl – Sep 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?
My wife after years of foot problems and being told by numerous surgeons that there were no further options went to see Dr. Schon. Dr. Schon took the time and interest in my wife's unique situation and developed a plan. He was passionate and compassionate throughout the entire process. You can tell be talking with Dr. Schon that failure is not an option. The work he did was miraculous and the surgery was a success. He is a special physician and a special person.
Chris M in Atlanta, GA – Sep 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?
Dr. Schon is a terrific human being and an outstanding doctor. He took care of my son's injured ankle several years ago without surgery. It healed perfectly. allowing my son to play college lacrosse. He has also successfully treated other relatives. Our family has found Dr. Schon to be generous, kind, humble and compassionate He also has a great sense of humor. In short, Dr. Schon is simply the best of the best - worth waiting for!
Shosh in Lutherville Timonium, MD – Sep 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?
Wonderful wonderful caring surgeon and human being. After multiple surgeries I a grateful for his skill and knowledge and caring. I drive 3 plus hours each way for my appt. I am so lucky to have found him to help me.
janet in Allentown, PA – Aug 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?
After months of immobilization I was sent to Dr. Schon where he ignored what I was saying and solely focused on my ankle joint. He preformed an unsuccessful surgery that left me unable to run and have difficulty walking up the stairs. Upon return to Dr. Schon's office, my symptoms had not improved where he proceeded to yell at my mother and me. When I questioned him he said "I have million dollar athletes that are more important than you and if you don't like what I'm saying, you can leave."
Riley Shipley in Westminster, MD – Jun 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?
Dr schon was great. He fused my ankle and It feels like new. I should have done it years ago. Scars were clean and healed great.
Vienna, VA – May 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?
I experienced six surgeries with Dr.Schon. He did everything humanly possible to save my right foot before we came to the mutual agreement that was time for amputation. He then took me through that surgery and walked me into complete recovery. I would travel to wherever I needed to have him for my doctor. Sr. Dianne Livingstone MHSH
Dianne in baltimore md – Nov 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lew Schon, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schon?